Matt Lineart - Norm Chow Reunion

ERA

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is, when you draft a player in the first round, you expect them to produce sooner than later and Woolfolk is in his 3rd season and hasnt showed any signs of producing! Maybe he will come around?

825751499[/snapback]

thats not necessarily true, more so on offense than defense though. the last 3 #1 picks started their season on the bench, heck Carson Palmer never seen the field until his 2nd year. now there are alot of 1st rounders that come in ready to make an immediate impact, but there are also alot of guys drafted on potential and it takes them a couple of years to get things goin. i'll agree with you on this much though, if he doesnt start to show some signs of an improvement over the course of this season his window of opportunity will be closing quickly!

thats not necessarily true, more so on offense than defense though. the last 3 #1 picks started their season on the bench, heck Carson Palmer never seen the field until his 2nd year. now there are alot of 1st rounders that come in ready to make an immediate impact, but there are also alot of guys drafted on potential and it takes them a couple of years to get things goin. i'll agree with you on this much though, if he doesnt start to show some signs of an improvement over the course of this season his window of opportunity will be closing quickly!

825751735[/snapback]

Yea, because Cincinnati had a pretty good QB already in place so they had time to let Carson sit back and learn from Kitna! But if something would have happened to Kitna, I guarantee you that the Bengals would have expected Palmer to produce! Just as Indy did with Peyton! Woolfolk should have been ready to be starting sooner than he was and 3 years later it still doesnt look like he is ready to be a solid corner in the NFL!

825751735[/snapback]

btown, those three picks are QB's, which means they are more likely to sit and learn than play. If you aren't a QB and are drafted in the First Round teams want you to have an immediate impact and if you don't they may regret taking you in the 1st round. Woolfork is a bust, plain and simple. Titans are heading for another losing season, end of story.

btown, those three picks are QB's, which means they are more likely to sit and learn than play. If you aren't a QB and are drafted in the First Round teams want you to have an immediate impact and if you don't they may regret taking you in the 1st round. Woolfork is a bust, plain and simple. Titans are heading for another losing season, end of story.

825751805[/snapback]

sorry GB but thats a bunch of bs, its not just qb's. im not gonna waste my time looking it up to find an exact number but i know off the top of my head 5 of the top 10 picks from last years draft arent starters....#1 qb Alex Smith, #4 rb Cedric Benson, #6 cb Pacman Jones, #7 wr Troy Williamson, #9 or 10? wr Mike Williams...there are about 5 or 6 defensive players taken in the middle/late first round that are sitting on the bench too but you can check that out for yourself if you dont believe me. you see it more on offense than defense but just because you get picked in the first round doesnt mean your gonna be expected to have an impact your rookie year...its never more than 5-10 first rounders that make a serious impact their first season. maybe Woolfolk does continue to stink his whole career....but he wont be the first 1st rounder to be a bust, and he wont be the last. a majority of the starters in the NFL werent 1st rounders anyway....who was the best rb in week 1? undrafted free agent Willie Parker.

I am personally enjoying the PSL holders who think they can still try to sell their tickets and break even or in some cases make a profit. I got an email at work today from a lady wanting $60 a piece for upper deck seats to the San Fran game in November. I laughed.

Welcome the the other side of the salary cap era Titan fans.

sorry GB but thats a bunch of bs, its not just qb's. im not gonna waste my time looking it up to find an exact number but i know off the top of my head 5 of the top 10 picks from last years draft arent starters....#1 qb Alex Smith, #4 rb Cedric Benson, #6 cb Pacman Jones, #7 wr Troy Williamson, #9 or 10? wr Mike Williams...there are about 5 or 6 defensive players taken in the middle/late first round that are sitting on the bench too but you can check that out for yourself if you dont believe me. you see it more on offense than defense but just because you get picked in the first round doesnt mean your gonna be expected to have an impact your rookie year...its never more than 5-10 first rounders that make a serious impact their first season. maybe Woolfolk does continue to stink his whole career....but he wont be the first 1st rounder to be a bust, and he wont be the last. a majority of the starters in the NFL werent 1st rounders anyway....who was the best rb in week 1? undrafted free agent Willie Parker.

825751940[/snapback]

Lets see out of that Top 5, Alex Smith WILL be a bust, Cedric Benson isn't starting because he held out, Pacman is in the same situation as Benson. Troy Williamson is an undersized receiver who shouldn't of been a 1st round pick, and Mike Williams is the 3rd WR and what do the Lions mostly run out of a 3 WR set, so yes he is a starter. So two of those players would be starting and in 5 years Alex Smith will be a Ryan Leaf. Williamson will be a special teams type player. 1st round players are drafted either to make an impact the 1st year or to sit and learn for 2 or three years from a more experienced player.

Don't be mad cause the Titans are headed for another losing season, and everything the Titans thought would happen aren't. Bennett isn't a number 1, Calico won't live up to the hype, the defense can't tackle, and RB won't stay healthy.

Lets see out of that Top 5, Alex Smith WILL be a bust, Cedric Benson isn't starting because he held out, Pacman is in the same situation as Benson. Troy Williamson is an undersized receiver who shouldn't of been a 1st round pick, and Mike Williams is the 3rd WR and what do the Lions mostly run out of a 3 WR set, so yes he is a starter. So two of those players would be starting and in 5 years Alex Smith will be a Ryan Leaf. Williamson will be a special teams type player. 1st round players are drafted either to make an impact the 1st year or to sit and learn for 2 or three years from a more experienced player.

Don't be mad cause the Titans are headed for another losing season, and everything the Titans thought would happen aren't. Bennett isn't a number 1, Calico won't live up to the hype, the defense can't tackle, and RB won't stay healthy.

825752321[/snapback]

You hit that one on the head!

825752321[/snapback]

whatever dude just face the facts, there wont be very many rookies determining the fate of their team this season. there are a few like Ronnie Brown, Cadilac Williams, Demarcus Ware, and Derrick Johnson that will play major rolls but not many. maybe you should just share that crystal ball of yours with every team in the NFL on draft day...or better yet we could sit up a meeting with you and all the coaches so you can tell them which guys will be busts 5 years from now. i need to have you around for my fantasy draft next year...whats Peyton gonna throw for 4257 or 4258?

by the way, you know good and well i said the Titans succk! im not denying that, heck i even think they have a good shot at the #1 pick next year. nowhere on this site did you see me say the Titans would have a good season.

Look, the Titans are going to have losing season most likely. Yet, the season will have many highs and hints of what's to come in the future. That's really what you have to look for when you watch them. Break down their offense and defense amonst the newbies and watch them grow. Some won't but I believe when Norm hits his groove, the offense will smoke and produce some TD's higher than expected. Steve McNair will not take this season lightly. Somewhere around the fourth or fifth game, there will be a coming to Jesus meeting amongst the players. When that happens, look for better play from the rooks. :rolleyes:

whatever dude just face the facts, there wont be very many rookies determining the fate of their team this season. there are a few like Ronnie Brown, Cadilac Williams, Demarcus Ware, and Derrick Johnson that will play major rolls but not many. maybe you should just share that crystal ball of yours with every team in the NFL on draft day...or better yet we could sit up a meeting with you and all the coaches so you can tell them which guys will be busts 5 years from now. i need to have you around for my fantasy draft next year...whats Peyton gonna throw for 4257 or 4258?

by the way, you know good and well i said the Titans succk! im not denying that, heck i even think they have a good shot at the #1 pick next year. nowhere on this site did you see me say the Titans would have a good season.

825753161[/snapback]

Let's not forget about Braylon Edwards, Antrel Rolle, Mike Williams, Carlos Rogers, Jamal Brown, Thomas Davis, Matt Jones, Roddy White, Heath Miller, Mike Patterson, and Logan Lampkins. All of these players are starting for their respective teams and are looked for to make an impact THIS year. Add these 11 with your 4 that is 15 players. That's almost half of the picks. yeah and Peyton will throw for 4329 this year in case you wanted to make some money.