Who is the Top Receiver in Chattanooga area?

moc3balla

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, and thats a fact. . . . I would have to had seen a truly "great" receiver to compare Skogen to . . . because I haven't see him in person. He plays against teams like the Taft . . . while he might be talented, you can never prove that hes great until he plays great competition.

I guess (if we're looking at things from your point of view) that you would have to say the same about Robinson from South Pittsburg. They play 6 of the same teams that Temple does (including Temple). Which means that SP plays 7 teams that aren't "great competition".

So, Pirate2003, sorry!! According to Mr. BenHasRisen -- your boy, Mr. Robinson, "might be talented" but he's not "great until he plays great competition".

Sounds like good logic to me, doesn't it?

I know there is a lot of mixed opinions about this subject but I have concluded, after reading and talking with various college coaches, that the success or prominence of a player's high school team is not the most important thing to college recruiters. I would say that a good player might be better off starting three years and playing both ways on an 0-30 Podunk team, than starting their senior year only on one side of the ball for the state champion of a large school.

We need to keep in mind that colleges are recruiting players, not their team. What a player wants is maximum opportunity to show what they can do at the most skilled position they can play. And I believe Temple has at least 3 or 4 players that meet that criteria.

The big question is, will they get enough exposure in order to be one of 75,000 seniors (out of 1.65 million) who will go on to play in a DI/II/III/NAIA college football program?

The chances are pretty slim -- but it's not out of reach for those who work hard and pursue their dream.

Fatchance went to watch skogan play and I aint no friend of temple, esp when it comes to basketball, listening to them tell everyone how great they are is annoying. But i gotta say this kid can play, i don't care who it is against, I seen him make catches in double and even triple coverage. granted teh Qb is pretty good, but this kid can play, period. If you don't like single A ball fine, but don't take nothing away from a guy who has got what it takes and he does, just wait and see, if he stays healthy he will sign I-A or I-AA and do pretty good. Fatchance knows his stuff!

You guys get on here and prove that you are morons! You couldn't pass a fifth grade logic class and its a good thing you use names that no one knows or else you would embarrass your family, your school and your own name, simply because you are so incredibly stupid! Benhasrisen, how can you get on here and criticize someone that you have NEVER seen? You would have been one of those who said that Brodie Croyle could never play SEC because he was from a small, tiny Christian school. Someone would ask, have you seen him play? Oh no, you would say, but I know how good he is even though I have never seen him. The only thing more amazing than your ignorance is your arrogance. It does make for good reading on CoachT, but I hope you don't take yourself seriously, b/c you are stinking stupid.

There are some on here who actually argue intelligently, but have you noticed that no one responds to them, why is that do you suppose? I will help you, esp. those of you like benhasrisen whose brain is in neutral, it is only the idiots who draw any attention, those who make sense, are left alone.

As far as Skoggan is concerned, just wait and we will see, where he ends up going to play and where everyone else does...then you all can eat your hat, but more than likely you will continue to hold your ground even though there isn't a shread of evidence to support your position...idiots.

I'm entitled to my opinion, and outside of Temple my opinion is the majority. This is like the Bj Coleman to Smithson debate. One plays against good schools, one plays against average to below average schools, get over it. I'm not changing my opinion until I've seen with my own eyes. Based on logic and reason, one should draw a conclusion that since he plays against mediocre competition that his stats aren't as impressive as if it was against some of the states best atheletes. Anything else is a lie, now get off my jock.

Fatchance went to watch skogan play and I aint no friend of temple, esp when it comes to basketball, listening to them tell everyone how great they are is annoying. But i gotta say this kid can play, i don't care who it is against, I seen him make catches in double and even triple coverage. granted teh Qb is pretty good, but this kid can play, period. If you don't like single A ball fine, but don't take nothing away from a guy who has got what it takes and he does, just wait and see, if he stays healthy he will sign I-A or I-AA and do pretty good. Fatchance knows his stuff!

We have just witnessed the first complimentary thing that fatchance has ever said about Temple or a Temple player.....

I'm entitled to my opinion, and outside of Temple my opinion is the majority. This is like the Bj Coleman to Smithson debate. One plays against good schools, one plays against average to below average schools, get over it. I'm not changing my opinion until I've seen with my own eyes. Based on logic and reason, one should draw a conclusion that since he plays against mediocre competition that his stats aren't as impressive as if it was against some of the states best atheletes. Anything else is a lie, now get off my jock.

The 4A region around Chattanooga is mediocre this year, except for Red Bank and out-of-the area White County. Does that mean none of Hixson's individuals can play?

Nope, and thats a fact. I have seen Atchley play though.

That is beside the point though, then you must see every receiever on this list to have a truly validated argument, and then I would have to had seen a truly "great" receiver to compare Skogen to. Don't try to invalidate me just because I haven't see him in person. He plays against teams like the Taft Youth Center. 1A ball is just that, 1A ball, and while he might be talented, you can never prove that hes great until he plays great competition.

You invalidate yourself. If a great player say, Herschal Walker who played small high school ball, never plays "great competition" (which of course is a relative catagory, who is to say what 'great competition' is, you?) would he never have been considered "great"? You have to have some cogent arguments, that does not mean you have to have seen everyone of them play. Your ONLY arguement vs. Skogen is that he plays single A. What else do you have to say? Is he too small? Too slow? Can he not catch? Your catagories are too subjective to be taken seriously, back up your "opinions" with something objective and then you might validate yourself, otherwise, your just another idiot with an opinion that means nothing.