Hall of Fame(HOF) games

jimbo44

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the officials are certified and payed, admission is charged, the game is not called a playday or scrimmage, the school gets to sell concessions, and we are

going to call them HOF games. Then lets count them as games whether W or L.

If they don't count then don't count statistics, and call them HOF playdays.

All Games at Bradford High School

Friday, November 18

4:30 - Gleason vs. Obion Co. - Girls

6:00 - Gleason vs. Obion Co. - Boys

7:30 - Bradford vs. Clarksburg - Girls

9:00 - Bradford vs. Clarksburg - Boys

Saturday, November 19

11:30 - Greenfield vs. Crockett Co. - Girls

1:00 - Greenfiled vs. Crockett Co. - Boys

2:30 - Gleason vs. Dyersburg - Girls

4:00 - Gleason vs. Dyersburg - Boys

5:30 - Gibson Co. vs. St. Benedict - Girls

7:00 - Bradford vs. Milan - Girls

8:30 - Bradford vs. Milan - Boys

My opinion is they shouldn't count at all whether you win or not. The only games that should count are the regular season games starting Nov. 21. These games are fundraisers for the TSSAA and should be exhibitions. CoachT, as for adding them to the schedules, I wouldn't add them until Sunday Nov. 20 if you have to. I'll be out of town from Nov. 9 to 21 so I will miss the Page games - boys vs Franklin Nov. 15 and boys/girls vs Ravenwood Nov. 18. If it is decided to count these games, I will have to get stats from the coaches if they keep them. I again say they shouldn't count at all.

Edited by PageMan

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with your argument is that the teams don't charge admission, TSSAA does. They get all of the proceeds from the game. Therefore, it is basically an exhibition fundraiser for TSSAA. In all reality the games should probably not count at all. It is the same as the preseason exhibitions in college basketball. I say treat all games that way and only count games that start after the ligitimate date for the first contest. By the way, if a coach does not count it because they lose, then they shoulc not count any of the stats from that game.

Well, first...you mean that TSSAA gets the proceeds from the concession stand? They get all the proceeds? Hmmmm...... :thumb:

Second, I don't really care one way or the other, but it would be better if TSSAA said the games count or they don't. They are scrimmages--"exhibitions"-- or they are games. Pick one! Coaches I've known have counted the wins but not the losses in HOF games. That's kinda tough on the kid who scores 20 in a 1-point loss and then scores 5 in a blowout victory when the starters are pulled after the first quarter.

The whole thing isn't really very important; but why not just allow two more games on the schedule and say that the gate from the first two games goes to the HOF? What's the problem, is that too forthright for TSSAA?

I e-mailed the TSSAA with this same question here is the reply I received from Ronnie Carter:

"They should be counted as all other games, because

they are regular season games. I could play a district

game as one and could also use my two nights to play in

third invitational tournament. That having been said, you

will always have some that don't count losses and do count

wins."

RC

Edited by TopDawg