Good game Govs...

ImaOWL

Govs played a great game and came out fired up last night. The Govs beat the Owls hand down but those refs were horrible. I'm not blaming the lost on the refs but that was ridiculous... Hopefully the Owls can learn from this and hopefully be healthy before our next game. We have 2 weeks off so hopefully we can get healed up... Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season. Hopefully we will have a rematch in the playoffs..

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Govs played a great game and came out fired up last night. The Govs beat the Owls hand down but those refs were horrible. I'm not blaming the lost on the refs but that was ridiculous... Hopefully the Owls can learn from this and hopefully be healthy before our next game. We have 2 weeks off so hopefully we can get healed up... Good luck to you guys on the rest of the season. Hopefully we will have a rematch in the playoffs..

825754095[/snapback]

Owl,

Thanks ... it wasn't our best game by far, but played well enough to win and that's what mattered. You're right about the refs and you're right not to blame the loss on them, because in actuality, they called more penalties against Blount than they did Ooltewah.

I'm glad they finally called the hold at the end. The Oltewah linemen were holding all night when your qb (who's a good one) would roll out. I think WB got away with a few holds as well ... but that's football.

You've got some great talent. #5 is gonna be a good one ... he can be the same caliber player as our #40 (Osborne) if he keeps working hard. And your feature back is a stud ... not quite the overall back that our #33 (Walker) is, but he's definitely a stud. Your qb has a great arm and is quite elusive. I thought WB's qb looked pretty good too, didn't you? The long option td was set up so awesome by his apparent keep, then last minute pitch. Your linebackers and corners were completely faked out of their shoes on that one. Your kickoff man is awesome. It's quite a weapon when you don't have to worry about defending kick returns. Our kicker doesn't quite have that kind of leg strength, but his "brain strength" showed in his kick offs I thought.

Keep your heads up. I really think you'all can beat Farragut and still sew up the #3 spot in the region.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Owl,

Thanks ... it wasn't our best game by far, but played well enough to win and that's what mattered.  You're right about the refs and you're right not to blame the loss on them, because in actuality, they called more penalties against Blount than they did Ooltewah.

I'm glad they finally called the hold at the end.  The Oltewah linemen were holding all night when your qb (who's a good one) would roll out.  I think WB got away with a few holds as well ... but that's football.

You've got some great talent.  #5 is gonna be a good one ... he can be the same caliber player as our #40 (Osborne) if he keeps working hard.  And your feature back is a stud ... not quite the overall back that our #33 (Walker) is, but he's definitely a stud.  Your qb has a great arm and is quite elusive.  I thought WB's qb looked pretty good too, didn't you?  The long option td was set up so awesome by  his apparent keep, then last minute pitch.  Your linebackers and corners were completely faked out of their shoes on that one.  Your kickoff man is awesome.  It's quite a weapon when you don't have to worry about defending kick returns.  Our kicker doesn't quite have that kind of leg strength, but his "brain strength" showed in his kick offs I thought.

Keep your heads up.  I really think you'all can beat Farragut and still sew up the #3 spot in the region.

825754187[/snapback]

theres a lot of football left, there is no sewing up the number 3 spot or any others, they are all still up for grabs, even for william blount, dont think 1 or 2 is in the bag for you, everyone still has to take care of business every week..and about dewayne, he also wasn't at full speed this week, you should see him when he's 100% you would be even more impressed with him govman...and i dont think the complaining about the refs is about what the refs did call as much as what the refs didn't call, such as the late hit on #5, 2 horrible clipping calls(one on the first drive on the big 3rd down play, go back and watch whoever was clip the owls blake mcdade #40, and also on a punt in the first half i dont remember who it was maybe matt lowe #15 got blatantly pushed in the back 2 yards from the ref and nothing was called), the fumble that the ooltewah defender came away with yet they called 3rd down for the govs, and the personal foul on kyler burke near the end of the game when he got punched but got up and walked away doing nothing, yet he got the flag...those are the main ones i think people remember and what they are complaining about, not necessarily the penalty difference.....but even after all this its not an excuse for losing to the govs played a great game and outplayed the owls toward the end of the game, good win govs, but dont think your season is successful now you still have a lot prove

hey im just wondering.. on the Govs last TD win # 33 ran down to the one.. and William Blount got that personal foul shouldnt that of been 1st and goal.. instead of 1st and 10..

Good Game Govs, yall are a really talented team.

825754258[/snapback]

I kept wondering the same thing. Not being a football rules expert, I didn't know at the time, but since the foul was a personal foul that happened after (??) the play, it would seem like it would not have made it 1st and 10, but 1st and goal on the 20 or wherever.

Owl,

Thanks ... it wasn't our best game by far, but played well enough to win and that's what mattered.  You're right about the refs and you're right not to blame the loss on them, because in actuality, they called more penalties against Blount than they did Ooltewah.

I'm glad they finally called the hold at the end.  The Oltewah linemen were holding all night when your qb (who's a good one) would roll out.  I think WB got away with a few holds as well ... but that's football.

You've got some great talent.  #5 is gonna be a good one ... he can be the same caliber player as our #40 (Osborne) if he keeps working hard.  And your feature back is a stud ... not quite the overall back that our #33 (Walker) is, but he's definitely a stud.  Your qb has a great arm and is quite elusive.  I thought WB's qb looked pretty good too, didn't you?  The long option td was set up so awesome by  his apparent keep, then last minute pitch.  Your linebackers and corners were completely faked out of their shoes on that one.  Your kickoff man is awesome.  It's quite a weapon when you don't have to worry about defending kick returns.  Our kicker doesn't quite have that kind of leg strength, but his "brain strength" showed in his kick offs I thought.

Keep your heads up.  I really think you'all can beat Farragut and still sew up the #3 spot in the region.

825754187[/snapback]

look #5 is better than any rb yall ever had dont get me wrong # 33 is good but # 5 is only a soph. he has 2 years left and he is already better than him the coach just didnt let him shine

OWLS Fan :thumb:

Owl,

825754187[/snapback]

dude u beat us wow. it seems like your tryin to brag about it though. Your talkin like ur players are the best around but i didnt think they looked that good. I also didnt like the way ur #40 osborne came running up to our side line after the game and was tryin to rub it in our face that we lost. and im pretty sure our line wasnt holding all night.

Edited by jimmydean2

hey im just wondering.. on the Govs last TD win # 33 ran down to the one.. and William Blount got that personal foul shouldnt that of been 1st and goal.. instead of 1st and 10..

Good Game Govs, yall are a really talented team.

825754258[/snapback]

One of their MANY screw ups on the night. It should have been 1st and Goal from the 16 yard line. I am still amazed how bad officiating has gotten. I guess that could be a whole nother thread.

One of their MANY screw ups on the night.  It should have been 1st and Goal from the 16 yard line.  I am still amazed how bad officiating has gotten.  I guess that could be a whole nother thread.

825756873[/snapback]

bigducky

I checked with an official yesterday afternoon as I too was confused by situation. The official said that would have been the case until a couple of years ago when the rule was changed.

You now mark off the yardage for the penalty and then set the chains.

bigducky

I checked with an official yesterday afternoon as I too was confused by situation. The official said that would have been the case until a couple of years ago when the rule was changed.

You now mark off the yardage for the penalty and then set the chains.

825756878[/snapback]

I think it was a dead ball foul. (occured after the play was finished) There has been no rule change that would have affected that. Of course, with those officals, they probably didn't call it a dead ball foul. Who knows?

Yes, bigducky, there has been a rule change. It was changed a couple of years ago. TVGov is correct. You mark off the penalty and then set the chains. With the new rule, a team will not start a series with more than 1st down and 10 yards to go. This change was made at the request of coaches as they did not want anymore 1st and 25s. In this case, if I am understanding correctly, it would have been first and goal from the 16 under the old rule. Not anymore.