Region 7-2a

GCPioneer

everyone is wanting to win...westview beats huntingdon...peabody goes 4-0....gibson co beats westview...milan is 4-0...dresden humboldt and usj will be fighting all the way through week 10....what a season !!!!

825754407[/snapback]

Yep!!!! Seems like this region is ALWAYS crazy year in and year out! They final places and prolly even the 1st spot won't be certain until the final seconds tick off in week 10!!!! can't wait!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Right Now:

1.) Milan: 2-0

2.) Peabody: 2-0

3.) Gibson Co.: 1-1

4.) Westview: 1-1

5.) Huntingdon: 1-1

6.) Dresden: 1-1

7.) Humboldt: 0-2

8.) USJ: 0-2

If the playoffs were to start today believe it or not Huntingdon would be on the outside looking in and Westview would travel in the opening round. Peabody is a team that when you look at their record you really can't believe what you see. Gibson Co. got drilled by Milan but a come from behind win to beat Westview has put them right in the playoff hunt. Milan, who was supposed to be down this year, has beaten the teams that they should have beaten in everyones preseason outlook but they still have some tough games left on their schedule. Westview has beaten Huntingdon so they hold the tiebreaker over Huntingdon, but in the same sentence they do NOT hold a tiebreaker over Gibson Co. Huntingdon got a big region win last night against Dresden, which means that they'll hold the tiebreaker there this year. If anyone could have predicted things to go like this in this powerful region to start the season then they need to start a magazine.

I say that the region's biggest disappointment is not USJ, but rather it is Humboldt. The Vikings lost to Peabody and Dresden (two teams that they were picked to beat in the preseason). Now they are 0-2 in the region and have yet to play Milan, Huntingdon, or Westview.

I'd have to put Milan in the best position right now just because like somebody else already said, they have beat the teams that they were so-called "suppose" to beat. The sad thing about this region is that a good football team is gonna get left out of the playoffs. This regions #5 and prolly #6 would prolly beat the #2 in Region 6-2A (Camden's region).

I'd have to put Milan in the best position right now just because like somebody else already said, they have beat the teams that they were so-called "suppose" to beat.  The sad thing about this region is that a good football team is gonna get left out of the playoffs.  This regions #5 and prolly #6 would prolly beat the #2 in Region 6-2A (Camden's region).

825754483[/snapback]

Yea I agree but that good team is gonna have to show itself in the next few weeks. I think region 7-aa is one of the most exciting regions in tennessee.

well hats off to GC. They beat Westview last nite.

I said they were a one man team and I still say it.

Not trying to stir up anything but when Guy is out they will not beat the top notch competition.

I see my Stangs running the table the rest of the way even though they still have milan and humboldt to deal with. It will not be easy :lol:

Yeah, I didnt mention GC or USJ Trenton because I really think those teams will fade towards the end of the season. Injuries and the level of competition will really begin to rack up starting the next couple of weeks.

I will never take Milan lightly simply because they are Milan. Nuff said. Also, we have always had a tough nite when Humboldt was on the schedule.

Anyway, the region is definitely up for grabs and my Stangs have still not found there full stride. Hopefully we will start peaking about the first weekend in November.

Good luck to all of 7-2A the best AA region in AA football in TN.

GO MUSTANGS :blink:

Truth Out!

My only concern right now about the Region 7-2A is that Milan will end up with 9 games on their schedule.  I don't know how this will hurt them or even help others.  Will they be able to make up a game?  :blink:

<looks for Bulldawg and 12yrold for an answer>

825754798[/snapback]

Coach Morris said last night that it will remain a 9 game schedule unless something changes

. The most wins is a tiebreaker but it's not the first tiebreaker. Head to head is the first tiebreaker. It probably won't be a factor but you never know.

It pains me that some good teams won't make the playoffs this year out of region 7 and some sorry teams from region 6 and 8 will make it with a losing record. However, it does make for some exciting football!