Richland @ Camden

Lions4ever

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Teams 3-7 in this region are so evenly matched it is insane (Waverly, Riverside, Loretto, Adamsville, and Richland). It will be fun in the 2nd half of the season watching these teams battle it out for those final two playoff spots in the region.

With that said teams 1 & 2 (Camden and Lewis Co.) have both overcome tough starts and both are on a collision course in week ten. That is the matchup that will decide this region.

Camden's defense has been kinda soft this year, but that's no reason to pick against them.

Boyd's gonna have another big night. But, I would also look for Horton to throw a few more balls than usual. He'll have a breakout game againt the run soft Richland defense. Because Boyd & Co. will have such a big game, Richland should be forced into putting 8-9 men in the box. This will open Kyle Combs, Danny Plant, and Byron Boyd up for some receptions.

Bryce Wilbanks and Jesse Leonard have been playing like rampaging beasts lately and will continue to do that as Camden will shut down any hope Richland will have to run the ball.

Camden's secondary, probably their biggest weakness, will have a tough time containing the QB, but in the end, the physical play of the Lions will win out and Camden will take off running with this one in the second half. Camden's well balanced running attack will rack up another 400 yards rushing and the Lions will roll.

I'm gonna take Camden 51 Richland 24.

Edited by rcombs

Hey rcombs whos defense are you calling soft?? You need to go ask Hatton from lewis if we are soft.I hope everybody picks agaisnt us cause we are the big underdog and i love it.Dont take us serious,please look foward for the next week game.If your secondary is weak then you will not hold us to 24 points my friend.Yall have everything to lose and we have every right to be taken lightly so have a good week in practice and we will see yall friday night.

Hey rcombs whos defense are you calling soft?? You need to go ask Hatton from lewis if we are soft.I hope everybody picks agaisnt us cause we are the big underdog and i love it.Dont take us serious,please look foward for the next week game.If your secondary is weak then you will not hold us to 24 points my friend.Yall have everything to lose and we have every right to be taken lightly so have a good week in practice and we will see yall friday night.

825754500[/snapback]

Shutting down Hatton is not necessarily an indication that you have a tough defense...Camden did it last season with very little effort...he gained 20 yds total against the Lions...Lewis co still has a young line that will continue to improve as the season goes on but for right now they are still young. Believe me the Raiders will not be taken lightly...the way Loretto came out and marched down the field the first couple of series has lit a fire under some young men I know and also a certain Coach I know too :thumb: ...the few passes Horton attempted opened up the running game and then it was the Boyd show the rest of the nite, so if Horton needs to pass he can and will with accuracy...Richland's biggest worry had better be the speed of Wilbanks & co coming through and around your line to tag your QB...ask Mr. Lamm he can tell you and he's no slow poke himself. Hope you have a safe trip to the beautiful shores of Kentucky Lake...I know some young men who are just dying to meet you. :)

Edited by Lions4ever

After last night I think Camden seperated themself from the others in this region. I would not seperate Lewis County from the ones you mentioned. After last night it shows that Lewis is no better than any of the other teams from 2nd down.

825754518[/snapback]

Anytime you allow a team to gain as many yds as Lewis co did and fail to really have much in total offense you can't say you won the game...Richland just lost it.

Edited by Lions4ever

Region 6-2A is wide open guys. I think that Camden has to be considered the favorite until someone proves otherwise. The rest of the region has to get busy winning games. It is conceivable that the fourth place team in this region will still need to go at least 5-3 in region play to get into the playoffs. Makes for some exciting football this fall. Good luck to all.

I believe Camden will come away with this one, We have played Richland and came away with a W but they are a very good team, watch their QB he is pretty quick, I don't think that their D can shut down Boyd though, Wish i could be at this game, Good luck to both teams

Camden 42

Richland 14

825754347[/snapback]

I agree...Richland is a pretty good team, but i belive Camden wins.

As usual, I will try and add some facts.

Lewis County's defense has been soft. Thye are playing a lot of freshmen and sophomores but, they should not be making All-State running backs out of everyone we play. Thus far, outside of Stewart County, the other team's top back has had a career night against us.

As for Lewis County not winning the game but Richland losing it. Spare me that tired refrain. The last I heard, a defense intercepting four passes and returning three of them for touchdowns is a big part of winning and losing.

As for Richland and Lewis County and total yardage and the such. Richland ran 69 plays from scrimmage, Lewis County had 31. But when you spend the entire night returning interceptions for touchdowns, your offense is NEVER on the field. The Panther offense scored twice in four plays in the second half, a pretty good indicator of potentcy. Still, if Richland had ran 100 plays from scrimmage, there is never, ever an excuse for giving up 500 yards of offense to any team. Our defense better improve before we meet Riverside, much less Camden.

If we do not get better on defense, Boyd of Camden will run for 300 yards on us. That is not dumping on our young team, it is just the way I see it. Now, let me state that I feel we will get better and if the defense catches up with the offense, we will be in the upper echelon of the region. Until then, we will be scraping for everything we get.

As for stopping Hatton, I would suggest that we aren't quite so one dimensional. We had all three backs go over 100 yards rushing against Loretto. And sophomores King and Greve both had 50+ scoring plays on Friday.

Now then, in general, for all the fans of this region, I don't believe I have ever seen a region that Lewis COunty has been a member of that is showing so little defense and so much offense! It seems like every team in the region is capable of scoring tons of points and conversely, giving up bushels of them as well.

As for Richland and Camden. I think Richland is much improved and might run the table after this week, if they don't get down after the game with Camden. But the Lions are the cream of the crop in our region (as I stated in a pre-season post.) Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. I have covered LCHS football for 30 years and love our team to death but we are a long ways currently from being equal to Camden, and so is Richland. Don't mean to incite angry retorts, just stating facts.