Who can take down Alcoa in 2A?

str8stylin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Ok, Ok, We all know that Alcoa is absolutely loaded. I was at last yr's CS game and I like everyone else watched 2 teams absolutely run up and down the field with moves you only see on Sat/Sun football games. Now if you go back and look at what was posted last year about these 2 playing each other nobody was giving Huntingdon a chance to win. Now you Alcoa fans be truthful and admit that you were on the edge of your seats up until the last 2 minutes of the game. I guess all I'm saying is don't get too lost in what you've accomplished thus far and forget about those talented football players over here in West Tn. As far as D1 prospects go we also have several of those, I've seen no less than 5 scouts at Huntingdons last 3 games. Ours may not be getting the attention of Lindsey and the giant you have on the line but none the less they will play on Sat. just as Alcoas will. I predict that Huntingdon will get back to the CS game ( or the derby as we like to call it) and I'm sure Alcoa will be on the other side. The only down side is that week in and week out we will playing some very good football teams to get there and I don't think Alcoa has to play the Quality teams that we do through the playoffs. I don't know maybe that gives us the advantage, I hope we find out. I'll close with a Congrads to the Alcoa football team on what you've accomplished so far, after last year theres nothing but respect for ya'll over here in Carroll County! Go get em Mustangs !! :rolleyes:

PS. I think if you get a chance to see Chris Donald and Boo Weathers again you will see why we too think we can play with Alcoa!

Scouts from where? There is a big difference between playing in the MidSouth or OVC Conferences and playing in the SEC. Donald and Weathers are very good high school players...and they probably will play college ball...but Alcoa has at least 5 DI kids...maybe more. Alcoa's regular season schedule is tougher than Milan...Huntingdon...or Westview's. I thought they might lose 3 or 4 games. They are going to finish 9-1. They are just head and shoulders above the rest of us in 2a.

I've looked at Alcoa's schedule, and to me, they're dominating. If Huntingdon or Milan play against them, Alcoa will have a tough game. Both Huntingdon and Milan can compete with Alcoa anyday, anytime.

When playoff time starts, everyone's 0-0. Anything can happen. The top notch team in the state can be brought down by a 4th seed. Anyway, good luck to all teams in the playoffs.

"When playoff time starts, everyone's 0-0. Anything can happen. The top notch team in the state can be brought down by a 4th seed. Anyway, good luck to all teams in the playoffs."

wouldn't be referring to Huntingdon's back to back first round exits in 2001 and 2002 would ya?

Scouts from where? There is a big difference between playing in the MidSouth or OVC Conferences and playing in the SEC. Donald and Weathers are very good high school players...and they probably will play college ball...but Alcoa has at least 5 DI kids...maybe more. Alcoa's regular season schedule is tougher than Milan...Huntingdon...or Westview's. I thought they might lose 3 or 4 games. They are going to finish 9-1. They are just head and shoulders above the rest of us in 2a.

a men but some of us could still sneak i there

Let it be known.....Those are Milan Fans TRYING to speak for Huntingdon!

Huntingdon is playing one game at a time...... Been there and done that with Milan.

Milan came to Huntingdon got their butts beat........ and went home!! :blink:

Now they want to say how good they are and they can beat Alcoa? Give me a break!

Alcoa is GOOD, VERY GOOD......... Milan fans, All your talk is nothing BUT talk.

Alcoa earned the respect of Huntingdon players and fans last year....... Seems that Milan has no idea of what they would be in for. Huntingdon has been there and done that too

GO STANGS!!! :lol:

Let it be known.....Those are Milan Fans TRYING to speak for Huntingdon!

Huntingdon is playing one game at a time...... Been there and done that with Milan.

Milan came to Huntingdon got their butts beat........ and went home!! :lol:

Now they want to say how good they are and they can beat Alcoa? Give me a break!

Alcoa is GOOD, VERY GOOD......... Milan fans, All your talk is nothing BUT talk.

Alcoa earned the respect of Huntingdon players and fans last year....... Seems that Milan has no idea of what they would be in for. Huntingdon has been there and done that too

GO STANGS!!! :blink:

Nice post Reigny. You know that 99% of the Alcoa fans have great respect for Huntingdon and I can assure you that the Mustangs are respected by the ones who count , that being the Alcoa coaches and players. They know it is a long road to the Boro and will take them one at a time. Hopefully we will get there and if our opponent is Huntingdon I will anticipate another classic. May good fortune be with all the "west side " teams and I hope nobody gets injured. :lol:

Nice post Reigny. You know that 99% of the Alcoa fans have great respect for Huntingdon and I can assure you that the Mustangs are respected by the ones who count , that being the Alcoa coaches and players. They know it is a long road to the Boro and will take them one at a time. Hopefully we will get there and if our opponent is Huntingdon I will anticipate another classic. May good fortune be with all the "west side " teams and I hope nobody gets injured. :lol:

I know i respect huntingdon, last years state game was a classic. They deserve respect and should not be overlooked, i do feel alcoa wins again this year, and i believe it would be hard to find an alcoa fan who doesn't respect huntingdon at least a little bit, although i am sure some exist.