Who can take down Alcoa in 2A?

str8stylin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion Alcoa will step it up before the state game, they won't all be easy. We will face a loudon team out for revenge most likly, and possibly David Lipscomb. They will be ready to go when the time comes, maybe the lack of super hard games will save them injuries and being wore down. If they play their hardest against the easy teams, they will be warm and ready, and i think they know what their mission is and how to succeed. Either way it will be interesting.

Alcoa 49

Wartburg 12

Why did they lock the wartburg thread.

Lipscomb is 3A.

The Cumberland Gap panthers are looking good this year. I kno thier in a division that is renouwn for having the worste teams in AA east. However they have shown amazing resilince this year in the teams they have played, and will probably come out on top in thier division. They might not get Alcoa first round in the playoffs...but look to them as the dark horse of the tournament. If you havtn heard of Cumberland Gap yet you will. If these two teams do meet somewhere down the line it will be a fun game to watch.

Panther Pride!!!!

Shhhhh! We're trying to keep The Gap a secret. LOL

I haven't seen Alcoa except for the TV game against Maryville. They looked good, but certainly beatable. (they lost that game).

I agree that Cumberland Gap will not roll over for Alcoa. If both teams advance to the match-up, you will see a good game.

Well well well, everyone in East and West Tennessee are leaving one important region out of the mix and that is region 5. Goodpasture, DCA, and CPA will compete for that West spot in the buro and if you think Milan, Westview, and Huntingdon are better than all of those teams then you are crazy. Alcoa will have trouble with Goodpasture and DCA, IMO. Whoever represents the West will have been tested in the playoffs, however Alcoa will have a pretty easy walk, which I think will hurt them in the title game, but that is my opinion what do I know.

The west winner will come from 7-2a. Milan, Westview, & Huntingdon are the 3 toughest teams in 2a (outside of Blount County). Alcoa is the strongest, fastest, and most dominating team in 2a, but they can be beat. Usually when a great team gets a loss, it's because they beat themselves. Alcoa can lose, it would be better for the west if Alcoa loss in the semis

Edited by volover

The west winner will come from 7-2a. Milan, Westview, & Huntingdon are the 3 toughest teams in 2a (outside of Blount County). Alcoa is the strongest, fastest, and most dominating team in 2a, but they can be beat. Usually when a great team gets a loss, it's because they beat themselves. Alcoa can lose, it would be better for the west if Alcoa loss in the semis

I think some teams from Region 5 would have to disagree with you. Goodpasture, DCA, CPA, Ezell Harding, East Robertson, and Fairview all have the potiental to be in the Buro come December. I will say the West Representative will be from Region 5 or 7.

Well, til Alcoa is beat, they got the ball.

I also watched the game last season and I also saw a lot of weaknesses. Alcoa nor any other team is perfect and if you can take advantage of their weaknesses, you can beat them.

But, til Alcoa is beat, they got the ball.

:huh:

Thats where your wrong. TSSAA has the gold ball. Nobody has won it yet. IMO there are alot of great teams in 2A that could win the ball.

There has only been one team in 2A that really kept Alcoa in check and played with them..........Huntingdon!

Alcoa is good....... VERY GOOD! But I dont think Alcoa has forgotten the scare they had last year at the Boro.

Who wins is hard to say but I hope it plays out that the two meet again this year in the Title game.

One thing for certain is....... Alcoa will not run rough shot over Huntingdon!!

It's not guaranteed that either team will be in the Title game. One game at a time.

GO STANGS!!

Edited by Reignydayz

There has only been one team in 2A that really kept Alcoa in check and played with them..........Huntingdon!

Alcoa is good....... VERY GOOD! But I dont think Alcoa has forgotten the scare they had last year at the Boro.

Who wins is hard to say but I hope it plays out that the two meet again this year in the Title game.

One thing for certain is....... Alcoa will not run rough shot over Huntingdon!!

It's not guaranteed that either team will be in the Title game. One game at a time.

GO STANGS!!

I agree with you 100% reigny. Huntingdon has a great team once again this year. Possibly even better than last years squad. I hope that we can have a rematch once again this year with Alcoa who is a great team also. But your right, one game at a time!!! GO STANGS!!!! :D