Who can take down Alcoa in 2A?

str8stylin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well well well, everyone in East and West Tennessee are leaving one important region out of the mix and that is region 5. Goodpasture, DCA, and CPA will compete for that West spot in the buro and if you think Milan, Westview, and Huntingdon are better than all of those teams then you are crazy. Alcoa will have trouble with Goodpasture and DCA, IMO. Whoever represents the West will have been tested in the playoffs, however Alcoa will have a pretty easy walk, which I think will hurt them in the title game, but that is my opinion what do I know.

I don't think anyone...including the privates...has a chance to beat Alcoa. They have too many horses this year. Any 2a team that can score 45 on McCallie is not going to be challenged.

We have not had an easy walk. I do not know if the team from kentucky was that good this year, but they were the last, then we played Maryville, and that was far from easy, and yes, i know we lost, but it was a learning experience. We shut down a good CAK quarterback, beat a solid Loudon team, and then put up 45 on McCAlie. Yes, when you look at the scores it appears simple, you may even think those teams stunk, but is it possible that maybe Alcoa took their hard schedule and played like a championship team that they should and hopefully will be. Think about that, then say our schedule is easy, the ret of it is easy no doubt, but we will find out in Decmber how good we really are, but from what i have seen, West Tennessee has it coming again.

We have not had an easy walk. I do not know if the team from kentucky was that good this year, but they were the last, then we played Maryville, and that was far from easy, and yes, i know we lost, but it was a learning experience. We shut down a good CAK quarterback, beat a solid Loudon team, and then put up 45 on McCAlie. Yes, when you look at the scores it appears simple, you may even think those teams stunk, but is it possible that maybe Alcoa took their hard schedule and played like a championship team that they should and hopefully will be. Think about that, then say our schedule is easy, the ret of it is easy no doubt, but we will find out in Decmber how good we really are, but from what i have seen, West Tennessee has it coming again.

Good Post.

Who said your schedule was easy? It is not by any means.

Alcoa will have a pretty easy walk, which I think will hurt them in the title game, but that is my opinion what do I know.

I am pretty sure i see easy walk in this post, not to insult anyone. I am just saying, Alcoa has worked hard and will continue to do so. If they become more disciplined, they can do alot more, and i believe they made that step in the McCalie game. When i said that the west has it coming again, i am not meaning a blowout, i mean a hard fought game in which Alcoa should come out in top. Alcoa is a good team, and they can play with most teams, but they are not unbeatable, maryville proved that. I just hope that come December i can be watching Alcoa and Maryville winning their respective classifications, and hopefully Alcoa will have only one loss, and maryville none. Oh and this week Wartburg has it coming to them. And i know you probably meant an easy walk through the playoffs, but i figure it never hurts to see what other teams they have played that have not been easy, and then see how they fared against them. The playoffs could be a challenge, injuries happen, i hope not, and anything can happen on any friday. I was just saying that Alcoa has no had it easy, and an easy walk is an understatement, the whole seaon leads to the title game, its not all about the playoffs, they are just the final stretch.

Go Alcoa

Edited by alcoa11905

I am pretty sure i see easy walk in this post, not to insult anyone. I am just saying, Alcoa has worked hard and will continue to do so. If they become more disciplined, they can do alot more, and i believe they made that step in the McCalie game. When i said that the west has it coming again, i am not meaning a blowout, i mean a hard fought game in which Alcoa should come out in top. Alcoa is a good team, and they can play with most teams, but they are not unbeatable, maryville proved that. I just hope that come December i can be watching Alcoa and Maryville winning their respective classifications, and hopefully Alcoa will have only one loss, and maryville none. Oh and this week Wartburg has it coming to them. And i know you probably meant an easy walk through the playoffs, but i figure it never hurts to see what other teams they have played that have not been easy, and then see how they fared against them. The playoffs could be a challenge, injuries happen, i hope not, and anything can happen on any friday. I was just saying that Alcoa has no had it easy, and an easy walk is an understatement, the whole seaon leads to the title game, its not all about the playoffs, they are just the final stretch.

Go Alcoa

very good post

Go Alcoa

I meant an easy walk through the playoffs, sure they are playing a hard schedule now. but it will not be easy to turn it up and play a meaningful game in the state championship game, when you have been coasting through teams for 6 or 7 weeks. that is all i am saying, just wait and see what happens come december.