Region 7-3A

rebelman24

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haywood got beat tonight.

NOOOO Haywood did not get beat tonight. Haywood beat Obion, so maybe that will shut up all of the Obion hopefuls who think that just because they beat Covington last week that they are going to win the region. This loss proves that they do not have what it takes this year and they will be lucky to make the playoffs because they have two losses now in the region and they still have to play Dyersburg and Ripley.

NOOOO Haywood did not get beat tonight. Haywood beat Obion, so maybe that will shut up all of the Obion hopefuls who think that just because they beat Covington last week that they are going to win the region. This loss proves that they do not have what it takes this year and they will be lucky to make the playoffs because they have two losses now in the region and they still have to play Dyersburg and Ripley.

No,we're not gonna shut up.Two losses doesn't put us out.Plus,find me one post where we said we were gonna win the region?

:) dont count obion out. haywood has players just porly coached little bart finaly got game plan that worked. HAYWOOD need i say more they have talent year in and out. haywood shouldnt have to rebuild just reload.BOTH haywood and obion have to play theNUMBER 1 IN THE STATE TROJANS. haywood will get there share next week. dyercounty is out did they lay down again??? haywood still has crocket as well as the trojans they may be threw

:) dont count obion out. haywood has players just porly coached little bart finaly got game plan that worked. HAYWOOD need i say more they have talent year in and out. haywood shouldnt have to rebuild just reload.BOTH haywood and obion have to play theNUMBER 1 IN THE STATE TROJANS. haywood will get there share next week. dyercounty is out did they lay down again??? haywood still has crocket as well as the trojans they may be threw

Thanks for trying to act with a little class high school sports fan.We did lose to Haywood 18-14.Our defense played well enough to give us the opportunity to win.Tonight was our worst offensive effort of the year.For some reason we kept trying to run the fullback dive up the middle and never got more than one or two yards everytime.But they kept calling it.Our only success was through the air where we got both our touchdowns.Haywood is huge across the line.They are by far the biggest team we've seen.Next week we got Chester Co..Hopefully we can get back on track.

dyersburg has just 2 region games left.....all they have to do is win one of them and then they are the 2005 region champs......

neither game will be a cup cake....haywood is haywood and obion will be a tuff challenge at troy.......

notes from the covington game.....chargers came in fired up and played one of the best defensive games i have seen from a high school team in many years.....dburgs offense struggled all night......hats off to the trojan defense...they were on the field all night and was absolutely "IRON MAN"...

GOOD NEWS FOR THE TROJAN OFFENSE........ word is that pre-season all state o-lineman beasley will be back for practice in week ten......with beasley back, that should help the offense significantly and should also help the "d" line as well......

one game at a time.....dburg

dyersburg has just 2 region games left.....all they have to do is win one of them and then they are the 2005 region champs......

I'm not sure your assumption is correct. I do believe Dyersburg will win the region, but winning just one of the two remaining region games will not necessarily guarantee the Trojans the championship.

Let's look at this unlikely scenario. Haywood defeats Dyersburg, Ripley, and Crockett County. Dyersburg defeats Obion County. If that should happen, Haywood and Dyersburg would have 5-1 region records, but the Tomcats would win the region championship by way of their victory over the Trojans.

Again, I would like to state that I do believe Dyersburg will win the region championship. Considering how the Tomcats have struggled, I do not think Haywood will be able to win all three of their remaining games. I do not want to argue with you. However, I did want to make you aware that winning either one of the two remaining region games will not necessarily guarantee a region championship for the Trojans. :thumb:

Edited by stacmot

you are correct....

the trojans will be playing for the region championship this friday against haywood.....if they win, then dburg is the region champs....if they loose, then they have to win at troy and hope that ripley or crockett beats haywood.....

got ahead of myself.....

if covington looses to crockett or riply it could realy be a mess. also if covington wins out then who will be number two crockett or covington???????? this reagion is so good all the way across. its rely a mess with haywood still having dyersburg and crockett. will they make the playoffs or will riply be number 4???????

First off, DC, no one said the Rebs would win the Region, but the Rebs can make the playoffs, which is something not EVERYONE can say right now. Two big Region games at home for the Rebs will tell the tale. But first, Chester Co. Long trip, and what should be a big win for OC.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!

if covington looses to crockett or riply it could realy be a mess. also if covington wins out then who will be number two crockett or covington???????? this reagion is so good all the way across. its rely a mess with haywood still having dyersburg and crockett. will they make the playoffs or will riply be number 4???????

What if OC wins out??? Then OC would be ahead of Covington no matter what they do. We both have two region losses people. All I know is people just need to stop talking about it because Coacht message boards will not get you a spot in the state playoffs. Enough said!!!!!