Willie Kemp

btowntigers

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was going to commit to Memphis until he postponed it. Don't know if this changes anything now or is he just gonna wait a few more days then do it. Thad is hinting Arkansas and that may be a reason for the delay.

No offense guys, but why would you go to either of the other schools being mentioned when you can go to Kentucky and possibly start as a freshman or soph??? :blink::lol:

If you add to that the fact that Young or Wright (or both) could also end up at the same school, it is a no brainer.......Willie, we need you at Kentucky.....come be a part of one of the top 3 programs in college basketball....

To get from Bolivar to Lexington, KY: the best route would appear to come thru Jackson, then Martin, then up the parkway!

HeavyD, if he signs with UK, I will personally wait in front of John Deere and hijack his car, and drive him to Coach Campbell's house. He will be treated like the new character on "Desperate Housewives" until he decides to play ball at good ole UTM! :blink:

Who is that character anyways? Is it his dad and her husband? Tonite its.............Denny Crane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol::huh:

I'm Back....

Willie, if this occurs up in the county of Weakley. We will file suit against WesCharge and take him before Judge Moore. I happen to know some things about the good judge that will sway his vote. He is nothing like the "little virgin judge" I defeated a couple of weeks ago, but we'll be fine. WHY? because.......................

I'm.....................

................................Denny Crane :thumb:

Kentucky has been hard after Derrick Jasper, another highly touted PG. They have backed off slightly for Willie. If they can land him great but I really think this is between Memphis and everyone else. I think he got a few last second phone calls begging him to wait and thats exactly what he is doing. In the end, I believe being close to his mom is what is gonna matter the most, unless Heath or Pearl can convince him otherwise.

im glad he's staying at home! now if they can keep Thad here too Memphis will be set in a year or 2. Kemp should be the starter from day one cause i doubt Darius Washington will be back after this year. the Tigers finally land a kid with some character for a change.

Which is why I am shocked he went there.

It's odd for me. I grew up a UK fan(and I always will be) but went to school at the University of Memphis. ***As a Tiger Alumni*** ,It's a great pickup for Memphis. Kemp is an important piece to the puzzle for the Tigers' immediate future. Willie Kemp's talent is well documented but from what I've read he's a really smart guy, a leader on the floor and just the all-around great type of kid any coach would want to have. I suppose some people maybe shocked that he selected Memphis over 3 SEC teams, most notably Kentucky. Calipari is putting something very,very special together at the U of M. Willie, I hope you really enjoy your senior year at Bolivar. Best wishes to you and your teammates on your upcoming season. Welcome in advance to the University of Memphis family.

Now, ***As a UK fan***

The UK fan in me hates to see fellow Wildcat fans in dismay but I had to go with my school on this one. Kentucky is Kentucky and the Wildcats will be just fine. Tubby will get the job done. Here's to seeing the Wildcats AND the Tigers in the Final Four. B)

Edited by Pantherbert