Chuckey-Doak

Hoya

I have followed Girls High School soccer in Tennessee since 1988. I'm on various committees including the one that votes for the Top 11 rankings, the one that keeps track of girls soccer history in TN, and the one that keeps the all-time state records.

I have seen Chuckey-Doak play twice this year and I am not impressed at all. When I used to coach, I too could have scheduled 15 cream puffs and gone 15-0. Beating up on weaklings proves nothing.

You couldn't score a goal on Region 1 doormat Jefferson County, and you pulled out a squeaker against those crafty Vikings from Tennessee High. Wow.

If Chuck-D makes the Final 4 (since they were lucky on the TSSAA random draw to get the weakest of the four A-AA groups), see what happens when they get a taste of FRA, CCS, or Notre Dame. Or even Catholic in the Quarterfinals if they lose the Region 1 championship.

Congrats on going undefeated this year. It's a good feeling. But I cannot in good conscience offer you my respect.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have followed Girls High School soccer in Tennessee since 1988. I'm on various committees including the one that votes for the Top 11 rankings, the one that keeps track of girls soccer history in TN, and the one that keeps the all-time state records.

no wonder eurosport is so screwed up

Ha ha, very funny. :lol:

I'm simply on the voting committee, I don't actually run eurosport. If I did, it would look much better.

I'm not insulting Chuckey-Doak either. You have to be pretty decent to go undefeated. But they don't compare to the top teams. I'm waiting for the wake up call when they play one of the private schools that have 5 or 6 girls who are going Division I in the next year or two.

I have seen Chuckey-Doak play twice this year and I am not impressed at all. When I used to coach, I too could have scheduled 15 cream puffs and gone 15-0. Beating up on weaklings proves nothing.

You couldn't score a goal on Region 1 doormat Jefferson County, and you pulled out a squeaker against those crafty Vikings from Tennessee High. Wow.

If Chuck-D makes the Final 4 (since they were lucky on the TSSAA random draw to get the weakest of the four A-AA groups), see what happens when they get a taste of FRA, CCS, or Notre Dame. Or even Catholic in the Quarterfinals if they lose the Region 1 championship.

Congrats on going undefeated this year. It's a good feeling. But I cannot in good conscience offer you my respect.

What a strangely demeaning post. It is regretable that a former "coach" doesn't seem to know that respect in sports is fundamentally earned based upon the quality of of an athlete's (or team's) effort rather than only for being "the best" or nearly the best. The writer seems to have spent way too much time with largely irrelevant and dusty record books and polls, and far too little time with the players.

As an old-timer, myself, (who has coached soccer at all levels---men's and women's amateur, Div. 1,2 & 3 club and high school--- since the late 1970's and who used to also vote on the high school polls, including the Redmond 11), I too, am proud of the growth of our sport in Tennessee. I'm also proud a team exists at Chuckey-Doak. I know that the Lady Black Knights are, in all likelyhood, about to see the end of their wonderful season. I hope they rachet up their schedule's difficulty next season. Most important, I admire and respect what those girls have accomplished this year. I am sorry this writer doesn't share my view, but I suspect C-D's team will survive nicely without it.

Good luck tomorrow, Lady Black Knights. Kingston is a fine team and will be far tougher than any team you've played this season.

Edited by hoya75

I'm simply on the voting committee, I don't actually run eurosport. If I did, it would look much better.

I'm not insulting Chuckey-Doak either. You have to be pretty decent to go undefeated. But they don't compare to the top teams. I'm waiting for the wake up call when they play one of the private schools that have 5 or 6 girls who are going Division I in the next year or two.

Your post seems very insulting to me. State your opinion, fine, but I don't see the need to try to run a high school girls soccer team down. I am sure they are very proud, and should be, with what they have accomplished. And face it all teams but one will lose, so let all teams left alive be proud of making it this far without trying to shhot them down, they deserve it.

I wonder if this "voting committee" member had DB in his top 11 in AAA. I believe DB had a cream-puff schedule up until the time they lost 6 of their last 7 matches. What a joke. Peterw, give your buddy Coach McCloskey our best.

Chuckey-Doak is a little country school that has had a good year. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by TennTarpon

And there in lies the problem---you have public schools going against schools that can and do recruit---so that makes our accomplishments that much sweeter.

Good Luck Ladies

Pleae don't start this old old old old argument here. If you want to argue about that, go to the public/private debates. None of the private schools on here have demeaned or said anything negative towards C.D. In fact, two of the Knoxville private schools are congratulating their accomplishments repeatedly.

And there in lies the problem---you have public schools going against schools that can and do recruit---so that makes our accomplishments that much sweeter.

Good Luck Ladies

I'm a big fan of C-D's accomplishments this season, but I have to disagree with this post. Think what you want, but the small mostly religious based private schools in D1 A/AA do not recruit. That excuse is old and weak and seldom raised by successful public soccer programs.

The real difference in Tennessee high school soccer power is the disproportionate concentration of well-trained club players in areas like Knoxville, Brentwood, Franklin, Chattanooga, Memphis, etc. It is the elite club players who dominate the high school programs---public and private. The closest strong clubs to C-D are in Knoxville and that is a long drive to practice.

Good Luck Ladies

I think you have division one private schools confused with division two privates....CCS, Notre Dame, Knoxville Catholic, CPA, and FRA (the top ranked A/AA schools) are ALL DIVISION ONE - NO RECRUITING....NO SCHOLARSHIPS...plus they are subject to the highly questionable and possibly to be turned over by the courts (it is happening in other states) MULTIPLIER that multilpies their existing enrollment to move them up to higher classifications for competition against the "public schools". So actually the Privates....despite their performances against the public schools are disadvantaged....sorry to blow your theory!

Edited by flashgordon

I wonder if this "voting committee" member had DB in his top 11 in AAA. I believe DB had a cream-puff schedule up until the time they lost 6 of their last 7 matches. What a joke. Peterw, give your buddy Coach McCloskey our best.

Chuckey-Doak is a little country school that has had a good year. Let's leave it at that.

yeah if the "voting committee" actually got coach's input people wouldn't look at it and laugh