Antioch-Hillsboro

HSsportsfootball

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but Antioch would not beat Gallatin with a healthy Preston Brown. It's easy, yes easy, to stop it. Put 9, even 10 in the box! Antioch can't throw the ball!. Not to mention their defense isn't exactly stunning.

Gallatin wins and wins big.

And for the record, I think Lamar Coker was better. Not a slam against Preston, but I played against both of them, and I know what they both bring to the table.

Edited by ambiguousrock

Being AHS Alumni this upsets me to see that a team with so much talent up and down the roster can not function when one player goes down. It has been to many years without Senior leadership. Go back to the 99 and 00 playoff years. We did not have just one key player, we had a team that functioned with or without someone. It is not Preston Brown High it is Antioch High School. Do not get me wrong. The last two years they have had great RBs but look what happened once that person went down. Injuries happen, it is football. If this gets back to the players at Antioch then pass the word. SENIORS NEED TO STEP UP AND PULL THE TEAM TOGETHER AND PLAY ANTIOCH FOOTBALL. For those who do not know what that is. Hard nose smash mouth kick your tail up and down the field for 4 quarters. :thumb:

Edited by coachsmith81

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall Antioch being a traditional powerhouse. Until about 4 or 5 years ago they were never very good. Also, there didn't seem to be nearly as much talent there this year as the last couple and it's my understanding that they have had more injuries than just Brown.

Never claimed to be a powerhouse. Just making an comment on how they lack Senior Leadership and have the talent to do what needs to be done, but for some reason or another seem to fold up shop when the star player goes down. We were not a very talented team in 99 but still hung with some really good teams should have beat both Glencliff who finshed 2nd that year and Dickson Co. who beat Riverdale in the first round of the playoffs. I am just an frustrated Alumnus who would like to see something more than one and done in the playoffs with the teams they have had. The first year I gave them the benifit of the doubt being young and not having playoff experience. Last year they just folded and made to many mistakes.

Have you seen them play this year?

No not as of yet. I am coaching at Ezell-Harding but I do have a younger brother that goes to school at Antioch and he gives me details of the games that he goes to and I did go to the playoff games the last two years. Still know a few of the coaches. But if you look at the production from game 1 to now. you see how much they rely on one person. 0 touchdowns in 8 straight quarters. That is proof of lack of leadership. So someone other than Preston needs to step up and take charge and make a difference. Once again I am just an Alumnus venting frustration.

Edited by coachsmith81