ELIZABETHTON AT UNICOI

UCHS_51

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue Devils played up mighty tough last year. In a closer than expected game going to the Cylcones......... 20-13

Well, maybe 27-13. Alot will depend on line work. We may have lost a good lineman for a couple of weeks, but there are a couple on the sidelines that are capable. Coach Pierce needs to be 'cut loose' on the linemen and the special teams need more time in practice. I guess on a good note, isn't it the first game that we have held the competition under 200 yards rushing? To tell the truth, I didn't watch the upfront action as much as I had, but they must have done better. A bit of a letdown in the D backfield vs. Greeneville, but that's been fairly rare. There are some mighty fine running teams coming up in the near future (South and East) and they have descent passing games also. It's not going to get any easier.

Still very capable of making the playoffs and making a run just as last year. Make adjustments and get everyone, coaches and players, on the same page.

The game is played one play at a time. Beat your man every snap.

Edited by GLee

:(

Well I just don’t know what I think yet, I'm pretty sure we get win #2 tho. I do have a request for all of the Cyclone faithful that comes here. Rather than us sitting around and typing negative remarks about our team this year and the coaches, lets pull together and rally around this group of kids after all they are just that--kids. As far as the coaching we need to rally around them to. Yea cyclone football is about winning but something else is more important than that. I have posted some negative comments about the coaching in the past on here myself but after I have done so I realized I was wrong and I will own up to that. I even told my wife I felt bad about what I said, actually I showed I was a coward I could say it here but not to some of the coaches which are some of the greatest friends I have in the world and I love these men because they are my brothers in Christ. I have since talked to Coach Pless, Coach Pierce, Coach Moore and offered words of encouragement; I even told 4 or 5 kids Coach Pierce was talking to in the dressing room after the game Friday night some encouraging words. Trying to rally around them and help encourage them, they need our support more than ever. I don’t always agree with what they are doing such as running this crazy 3-5 on defense but could I or you do any better? I couldn’t. Guys these coaches hate loosing just as much as you and I. They are not used to it themselves, they have not come up through the ranks as players or coaches and ever had to deal with loosing, they are all winners, they are not quitters and I’m proud to say they are my friends and the one thing I see they are doing that is more important than if we were 5-0 right now is they try to have a Christian attitude among themselves and the 50 guys on this team. I am a Cyclone, my blood runs orange and I’m proud of it, but the one thing I am not is a loser that’s why I think we should stand behind these coaches and kids and try to lift them up. You guys here might bash me for what I just said but so be it I don’t really care I will stand up for what I believe is right and if your really a true Cyclone which many of you are I know, you have played for the orange and black then this may hit home with you. Lets rally around the team, coaches and see what we can do together to get thru these bad times instead of casting blame on few certain good men and boys. Before you can wear that orange/black jersey you have to know what that jersey stands for and the pride that comes in wearing it. That’s what we need to show these coaches and players that ole CYCLONE PRIDE then things will get better trust me I know I’m right here folks. So if I have offended anybody that reads this board I am truly sorry and that comes from the bottom of my heart….I have a habit of running my mouth when I get mad and say things I shouldn’t but something that means more to me than winning a football game is your friends especially when they are at your side when you need them most.

:D

Well I just don’t know what I think yet, I'm pretty sure we get win #2 tho. I do have a request for all of the Cyclone faithful that comes here. Rather than us sitting around and typing negative remarks about our team this year and the coaches, lets pull together and rally around this group of kids after all they are just that--kids. As far as the coaching we need to rally around them to. Yea cyclone football is about winning but something else is more important than that. I have posted some negative comments about the coaching in the past on here myself but after I have done so I realized I was wrong and I will own up to that. I even told my wife I felt bad about what I said, actually I showed I was a coward I could say it here but not to some of the coaches which are some of the greatest friends I have in the world and I love these men because they are my brothers in Christ. I have since talked to Coach Pless, Coach Pierce, Coach Moore and offered words of encouragement; I even told 4 or 5 kids Coach Pierce was talking to in the dressing room after the game Friday night some encouraging words. Trying to rally around them and help encourage them, they need our support more than ever. I don’t always agree with what they are doing such as running this crazy 3-5 on defense but could I or you do any better? I couldn’t. Guys these coaches hate loosing just as much as you and I. They are not used to it themselves, they have not come up through the ranks as players or coaches and ever had to deal with loosing, they are all winners, they are not quitters and I’m proud to say they are my friends and the one thing I see they are doing that is more important than if we were 5-0 right now is they try to have a Christian attitude among themselves and the 50 guys on this team. I am a Cyclone, my blood runs orange and I’m proud of it, but the one thing I am not is a loser that’s why I think we should stand behind these coaches and kids and try to lift them up. You guys here might bash me for what I just said but so be it I don’t really care I will stand up for what I believe is right and if your really a true Cyclone which many of you are I know, you have played for the orange and black then this may hit home with you. Lets rally around the team, coaches and see what we can do together to get thru these bad times instead of casting blame on few certain good men and boys. Before you can wear that orange/black jersey you have to know what that jersey stands for and the pride that comes in wearing it. That’s what we need to show these coaches and players that ole CYCLONE PRIDE then things will get better trust me I know I’m right here folks. So if I have offended anybody that reads this board I am truly sorry and that comes from the bottom of my heart….I have a habit of running my mouth when I get mad and say things I shouldn’t but something that means more to me than winning a football game is your friends especially when they are at your side when you need them most.

Well said, and I totally agree.

And yes, I agree with most of your statements also, but obvious adjustments are needed. With that said, I am also sure that the coaching staff is doing what they feel is right for the young men.

I think they watched film for quite a while yesterday and hit the field late.

CYCLONE PRIDE REMAINS.........and the playoff march starts this Friday!!

And yes, I agree with most of your statements also, but obvious adjustments are needed. With that said, I am also sure that the coaching staff is doing what they feel is right for the young men.

I think they watched film for quite a while yesterday and hit the field late.

CYCLONE PRIDE REMAINS.........and the playoff march starts this Friday!!

:blink:

some adjustments yes.... scrap the 3 man front would be the first place to start, i think we have some kids on the bench that needs to be playing some to, but i want mention any names which im sure glee and countryboy know who im alking about