Covington at Obion Co. Central

VOREBS

First off, big congrats to Obion Central. I will freely admit I was wrong about how good they'd be this year. Of course, I blame Coach Bowling for that...I was unaware he went to the Lou Holtz School of Playing Down Your Team in the Preseason. :thumb:

Although I haven't seem them play this year, I'd guess that they aren't as athletically gifted as most of the teams they play, which is definitely a testament to the Rebel players' guts, determination, and heart as well as the job that Coach Bowling, Smith, and the rest of the staff are doing.

Good luck the rest of the way. I'll be pulling for you.

BOREDGUY,

Give me a email at fbtimeintn@yahoo.com. I have a question about he McKenzie / Caywood Hurricane Bowl.

Thanks

VandT

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final score..........Obion Co - 17

Covington - 7

How 'bout them Rebels........sorry I guess I took that from Jimmy Johnson. What a great effort, and what a HUGE win for the Rebels. Covington came in ranked #1 in 3A, and truthfully, no one outside of the Rebel nation gave OC much of a chance in this one. But as has been said on here, the Rebels are playing much better football with each passing week, and got the W. Congrats to the entire OC football program. Now, have fun, and then focus on Haywood Co, another TOUGH Region 7AAA foe. We have all heard about how the Rebels are at a speed disadvantage, or are undersized, or whatever else. Well the bottom line is the Rebels are finding ways to win games, and are a much better team that people want to give them credit for. Next week, the Tomcats, in Brownsville, it will be tough, but I expect it to be a good one. BE THERE!!!!!!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said earlier in the week on this thread..It was a great opportunity...The Rebels met the challenge...Respect is earned and not given..I would say the Rebels are starting to earn some folks respect...Great effort..Great game plan by Coach Smith and his defensive staff..That was as good a defensive effort that has been seen in Troy in a long while...If you play fundamental football and stay in your area and grasp what the defensive scheme is you can stop more athletic and talented teams..Play ball control and field position and keep away from those costly turnovers and all that equals wins...Way to not give up and keep fighting...You see hard work does pay off!!!!!!

Edited by backinthaoc

Savor this win til Saturday night, then put the notch in your belt. Start thinking about next week. The difference between a champion and a winner is that champions stay focused on the main goal, where as winners get caught up in the smaller battles. :thumb:

Great job by the way. That school assembly Friday Morning must have really helped. :D

Congrats to Darren Bowling and the Rebels on a great win!

Hey VOREBS, where's the Jackson Sun reporter now that there are some good teams in the upper NW corner of their supposed coverage area?

Stop by and hollar at me next time your in the park!

Did you see??????....The Sun actually had a little write-up about the Rebels-Chargers game....I almost wanted to call up and start a subscription.... :thumb:

Did you see??????....The Sun actually had a little write-up about the Rebels-Chargers game....I almost wanted to call up and start a subscription.... ;)

Easy now backin.....don't waste your money. You and I and everyone else knows the ONLY reason they did the short story they did was that Covington was here, trust me it had nothing to do with OC. Oh well, I'll just wait until Monday and see what the Messenger has to say, it's better reading.

oh and redbird......good to hear from you, I'll catch up with you

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: For starters, I love to watch a great defensive game and both teams, who scored in 1st quarter and a 7-7 tie, played exceptional defense until the Rebels finally moved through in the 4th quarter after getting the Covington line somewhat tired.. The Rebel D stayed tight and Coach Smith and his crew on defense did an outstanding job and the guys executing the game plan as well. Hats off to Coach Bowling during the 4th quarter 4th down punt play to switch back to the offensive set and draw the Chargers off sides for a 1st down. Darren punched the buttons at the right time.. I'd would definately be remissed if I didn't mention that not only in the Covington game but the UC game a week earlier how well the offensive line

is playing for the Rebels.. Those guys up front deserve a lot of credit as well..

Again Congrats Rebels, keep up the good work and good luck at Haywood this week :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...