Franklin v. Brentwood

BigDogDaddy

Back to game analysis:

McCurdy's stats are pretty decent and not too dissimilar to Mikrut's. He is running less than last year, and aside from the brain-lock he went through at Ravenwood, has cut his interceptions down dramatically from last year. When he does run, however, he is as tough to bring down as Austen Everson was a few years back.

Since Ron Crawford is still the head coach, this team pours it's heart and soul in on defense, giving up less than a touchdown a game. Linebackers and defensive ends are all-region quality.

To end the 0-4 streak against the Rebels at home, the Bruins will have to control the ball and make plays-and then when it is the fourth quarter, do what it takes to win the game. If Franklin jumps out of the gate and puts up some numbers, the Bruins will be in uncharted territory. I would think Franklin will want to get out early and take half of the stadium out of the game.

Have your Rolaids ready because I think this will go down to the wire-again.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, Franklin has won the last three times at Brentwood, not four... Brentwood won both times in 2002 (first at Franklin, second at Brentwood), Franklin won twice in '03 (both at Brentwood) and the two split last year (Brentwood wins at Franklin, Franklin wins at Brentwood)

Since 1997, Brentwood leads the series 7-4... I know Brentwood was bad back before that, but our records are difficult to access now... does anyone know how many times they played in the 80s and early 90s? And did Franklin win all those?

GREETINGS FELLOW WILLIAMSON COUNTIANS! Oh yes, I return. CoachT has been uploading waaaay too slow on my computer for me to even come around, but it's Franklin-Brentwood week... you do what you gotta do. Well, last Friday night, we watched the Middle Tennessee game of the week at my grandparents place on Longboat Key. I shall be returning this Friday in hopes of having the same good luck.

I don't know what to think about this game since I haven't seen either team (that changes next week though :lol: ). All I know is that it's Franklin-Brentwood and anything could and likely will happen. By the way, thanks sportsguy for reminding the class of 2003 of what transpired in the quarterfinals that year - we appreciate it. :lol:

Anyhoo, I have nothing really to add. I'll enjoy reading what y'all have to say though. And naturally...

GO REBS!

Since you brought it up:

Count me as one who is and was not happy.

You and I both know that the real power in the county is with the commission.

The Brentwood community is saddled with ineffective and outnumbered representation, and has been for years. The prevailing sentiment has been among the bodies "Well, Brentwood is rich, they can afford it themselves." While other schools have had fields resodded, sprinklers installed, new bleachers, new lighting, and other athletic amenities, both of the high schools in Brentwood have serious issues that always seem to be put on the back burner. That's political reality, and it needs some shaking up.

I can only speak to the issues at BHS with our facilities; as it relates to the specific issue of a new surface for the 23 year old football field, the field at Brentwood is used by both BMS and BHS, and up until two years ago, both school's soccer programs. Any attempt at regrading has been done at our own expense.

We have asked for a regrade for years and have consistently been turned down, or told "spend your own money." The sprinkler system is broken, the parts no longer manufactured, and has to be manually manipulated. The BHS 12th Man Club absorbs the manpower and material costs for both schools-yet, in our view, Franklin gets "blessed" with improvements while we lag-mainly because of where we live. As a taxpayer and home owner, this inequity is getting larger and more in my community are making their views known.

I am not looking for special treatment-only equity. When you come to our field, squint to see through the horrible lighting, eat at the outmoded concession stand, utilize our many port-a-johns, and I hope the Franklin coaches who call the game have a protective harness that will keep them from going through the floor of a condemned press box. But at least they'll have better sight lines than our coaches in our new press box, built on the wrong-ordered-yet-installed-by-the-same- company-now-bankrupt- football stands (Courtesy of the Board of Education).

As a fellow Williamson County taxpayer, I'm very proud of our public schools in Brentwood, and think the facilities are just fine.

I was wondering if FHSRebel had forgotten what week this was <_<

Just to clarify, Franklin has won the last three times at Brentwood, not four
It just feels like four.

does anyone know how many times they played in the 80s and early 90s? And did Franklin win all those ?

I'll try and post that information before the end of the week. I think I have it.

and think the facilities are just fine.
I appreciate the sarcasm. The schools are the best, but the athletic facilities are based solely on sweat equity.

Rutherford County facilities put all of our county's to shame, IMO.

To Bruin31NG - Best of health to you tomorrow night. I hope you and #50 enjoy butting heads all night long. I look forward to seeing both of you smiling shaking hands afterward knowing that you gave it your best and regardless of the outcome, look forward to the chance to do it again in the playoffs. I've enjoyed watching you on channel 9, congratulations on a great season so far.

As a fellow Williamson County taxpayer, I'm very proud of our public schools in Brentwood, and think the facilities are just fine.

Are you on the county commission? Just fine relative to....? I think WCS is comfortable with the level of facilities overall and therein lies the problem. Perhaps they need to think outside the box in order to take it to the next level. I just feel that "adequate" is the mind set and just like their schools, their athletic facilities are "outgrown" before the mortar dries.

Both Franklin and Brentwood had new visitor sides put in (Brentwood chose to make it their home side) summer before last. In the case of FHS v. RHS, FHS v. FRHS and FHS v. IHS they weren't big enough to hold the visiting crowd.

I know .... when Franklin goes back to being 5-5 they will be plenty large enough....or at least thats what somebody in charge must be thinking. How about we use the thought process "Build it and they will come"

My last comments on this subject.

When we play at teams outside of Williamson County, i.e. Rutherford County, the facilities disparity is stark. Their view seems to be "give them what they want on the front end, and they won't need much going forward." Our county's view is "give them the bare minimum, and make them scrounge for the rest."

I'll just apologize to all our guests in advance -just go the bathroom before you come.

The reason as to why we are sitting on the opposite side of the field is that the county would not spend the money to expand the bleachers on the old home side AND put a press box up.They said it would cost too much to do it there and that all of the available funds for Brentwood were used the construction going on at the time at BMS. In essence, take it or leave it-which would be fine if they had ordered the correct bleachers, which they didn't So we had no choice but to sit on the side of the field with the largest seating capacity. To cover their tracks as to why they ordered the wrong height for the bleachers, they said it was some bogus Brentwood regulation as to height restrictions-which is totally false.

:thumb: Enough venting-it's water over the dam.

Now to the game:

Hard to believe that this is only Brentwood's second home game. Not bad at 4-1 playing most of your games on the road. My biggest concern is Campball and Hewitt stretching the field for big gains, and then Titus gashing us underneath. Franklin once again has more skill athletes than Brentwood that we can't let out of the gate too much. There will be big plays made-we just have to contain the damage they make. Bruins have to move the ball and control it and win the turnover battle.

At the end of the day, special teams could be the difference maker. So once again we'll have to keep the ball out of the hands of Campbell and Hewitt.

I'm getting ulcers already thinking about it.

undefined