Lincoln County @ Cookeville

jabbo

I don't share in the consensus of this thread that the game is a foregone conclusion (as I pretty much did when the Falcons played Riverdale). I see the game more as a test of what the Falcons are capable of doing. Cookeville didn't blow out Coffee County, even though the Red Raiders gave the ball away three times. The Cavaliers are deservedly the favorite in this game, but only because they've played much more consistently than the Falcons with a minimum of mistakes.

So...if the Falcons fly into Cookeville this Friday night and play four quarters of defense like they did against Riverdale, hang on to the ball, and not commit dumb mistakes like roughing the punter on fourth and long or blocking folks in the back, then the game is their's to win. Falcon turnovers and penalties will give the game to Cookeville, so.....

Get your minds right, Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!

And beat COOKEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm sure you aren't gonna judge the CAVS on the Coffee Co. game,right?

O.K.,Look at Lincoln Co. vs. Warren Co. (Remember ,O.T.!!)?

Cookeville had Warren County 38-0 at the half!!

PLEASE...You know those other games don't mean anything!

Cookeville is not overlooking LC,this is the first game that has REALLY meant anything so far this year!

Good luck to both teams Friday night and...

GO CAVS!!!

THE SQUAD

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they have seen one that good. Ooltewah's defense was pretty darn good. Maybe you've heard of them before. They have what is considered by some as the best linebacking corps in 5A.

That might not be that good of an example. Didn't Cookeville lose that game?

I pick Cookeville to win this one and have been watching the Cavs closely all year.

I'm still a little miffed about them losing to Ooltewah and messing up my perfect night in the pickem contest. :thumb:

I'm sure you aren't gonna judge the CAVS on the Coffee Co. game,right?

O.K.,Look at Lincoln Co. vs. Warren Co. (Remember ,O.T.!!)?

Cookeville had Warren County 38-0 at the half!! ....

The point I'm making is that Cookeville is a team that if given an inch will take a mile...y'all have demonstrated that in every game. If Lincoln County gives the ball away several times and commits alot of dumb penalties (as they've done alot this season) then the game will get ugly. If that doesn't happen, then the game will be close, and having seen what the LC offense and especially the defense is capable of I have no doubt that the Falcons can win this one. It's up to them to do it, and I'll be there cheering them on!!!!

You can do it, Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat COOKEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of curiosity, when and where did those turnovers occur? Also, when and where did the Coffee 5 yard punt occur?

One of the fumbles was run back for a TD, if I am not mistaken, in the 3rd quarter. I don't know about the others.

Yeah,Fuggly, I might not have put those stats up,they weren't exactly convincing. :thumb:

Yeah, but I LOVE those rushing stats. Being an ex-offensive lineman, those yards are B-E-A-UTIFUL!! :thumb:

no one will win this game easily, LC will not just lay down and let Cookeville roll over them, it won't happen. i do think the Cavs will win, but it will be a hard fought football game

I completely agree that neither team will fold. Both teams are well coached and have always had a great rival since being in region 3. Can't wait until Friday!!! GO CAVS!!!

It's Game Day, Falcons!!!!!!!!!! Get your minds right, get ready to play four quarters of Lincoln County football, don't give the Cavs any breaks, play defense like I know you can, and don't stop playing until you hear the final whistle!!!!!!! Do it right and enjoy the ride home knowing that you're first in Region 3-5A!!!!!!!!!!

Get it done, Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beat COOKEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, they have seen one that good. Ooltewah's defense was pretty darn good. Maybe you've heard of them before. They have what is considered by some as the best linebacking corps in 5A.

The Cavs will win this one. they are getting better each and every week, and there is not a quit bone in their body these guys play four quarters at 100% so be ready for a battle because I'll tell you this Cookeville is up for the challenge. Go Cavs!

Lincoln County is going to surprise a bunch of people on Friday night. You heard it here first....book it!!!

Obviously! 44-3? Way to go CAVS! Keep on rolling! :(

falconfan94: What happened to the great defense that Cookeville hadn't seen the likes of this season? Did they not suit up tonight? :(

Now do you believe Cookeville is actually that good?