Lincoln County @ Cookeville

jabbo

I think this game will be close. Cookeville may overlook Lincoln County, because their fans are. But the fans don't play the game, that's why they are on the sidelines. It will be a close game. Remember this is a short series. Every away team has won the game so far. Who's the away team in 05 ? Ah, yes, LINCOLN COUNTY.

there ya go

:D

There isn't anything to overlook. The Cavs and the Falcons have a great rivalry, but this year the Cavs look too good for LC to keep up with them.

By the way, most of us fans were players once, so we know what it's like to be on the field and do what their doing. I can assure you that Coach J and the Cavs won't overlook anyone. Everybody we have faced thus far, with the exception of Ooltewah, have come into the game EXPECTING the cavs to overlook them. They learned their lesson in week 1 when White Co. was only down seven-nothing at halftime. Since that point, it has been nothing but Cavalier touchdowns!! :D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't share in the consensus of this thread that the game is a foregone conclusion (as I pretty much did when the Falcons played Riverdale). I see the game more as a test of what the Falcons are capable of doing. Cookeville didn't blow out Coffee County, even though the Red Raiders gave the ball away three times. The Cavaliers are deservedly the favorite in this game, but only because they've played much more consistently than the Falcons with a minimum of mistakes.

So...if the Falcons fly into Cookeville this Friday night and play four quarters of defense like they did against Riverdale, hang on to the ball, and not commit dumb mistakes like roughing the punter on fourth and long or blocking folks in the back, then the game is their's to win. Falcon turnovers and penalties will give the game to Cookeville, so.....

Get your minds right, Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!

And beat COOKEVILLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookeville didn't blow out Coffee County, even though the Red Raiders gave the ball away three times.

Ahhh, grasshopper, that is where you are wrong. So ye scoreboard didn't reflect the domination Cookeville had. The young lad Tyler Wolf rushed for 196 yards in that game and Dustin Lankford rushed for 106. Therefore I say that if Lincoln County doth not stoppith the run......they shall lose by a great margin.

Cookeville vs. Coffee Stats

CAVS COFFEE

FIRST DOWNS................... 21 14

RUSHES-YARDS (NET)............ 50-339 48-242

PASSING YDS (NET)............. 27 31

Passes Att-Comp-Int........... 6-2-0 13-5-2

TOTAL OFFENSE PLAYS-YARDS..... 56-366 61-273

Fumble Returns-Yards.......... 0-0 0-0

Punt Returns-Yards............ 0-0 1-3

Kickoff Returns-Yards......... 3-38 4-45

Interception Returns-Yards.... 2-16 0-0

Punts (Number-Avg)............ 1-35.0 1-5.0

Fumbles-Lost.................. 0-0 2-1

Penalties-Yards............... 7-55 7-55

Possession Time............... 25:03 22:57

Third-Down Conversions........ 8 of 9 6 of 14

Fourth-Down Conversions....... 0 of 1 2 of 6

Red-Zone Scores-Chances....... 4-4 1-1

Sacks By: Number-Yards........ 1-4 0-0

Defense "struggled" slightly compared to the other games we have played, but it was still a great day for the run.

Ahhh, grasshopper, that is where you are wrong. So ye scoreboard didn't reflect the domination Cookeville had.....

Forgive me Master, but those stats seem to support the score...in fact, one could argue that if not for the turnovers the score would have been closer, since it's reasonable to assume that if Coffee had hung on to the ball they would have added more yardage to their total and possibly more points.

Out of curiosity, when and where did those turnovers occur? Also, when and where did the Coffee 5 yard punt occur?

Edited by jabbo

Forgive me Master, but those stats seem to support the score...in fact, one could argue that if not for the turnovers the score would have been closer, since it's reasonable to assume that if Coffee had hung on to the ball they would have added more yardage to their total and possibly more points.

Out of curiosity, when and where did those turnovers occur? Also, when and where did the Coffee 5 yard punt occur?

Yeah,Fuggly, I might not have put those stats up,they weren't exactly convincing. :thumb:

And one earlier poster is right,we probably haven't seen a defense as good as LC's yet.

But they may not have seen one as good as Cookeville's either. :D

Cookeville's gotten better every week,LC has too.

The CAVS know this is the game they've been waiting for,& they've kept their heads up while not just BEATING some decent teams,but ROLLING over them!

The CAVS take this by at least 2 touchdowns. :lol::D

I might be wrong, but I don't think Cookeville has seen a defense like Lincoln County has. They are big, strong and fast. I think Cookeville will score some points on the Falcon defense, but it may not be enough. Oh...and watch out for #44 on the LC defense...he will be the one knocking heads off! GO FALCONS!!!

Actually, they have seen one that good. Ooltewah's defense was pretty darn good. Maybe you've heard of them before. They have what is considered by some as the best linebacking corps in 5A.