Lake County vs. Greenfield

LakeCountyFan142311

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a big matchup between two old region foes. Greenfield always plays the Falcons tough and LC has not won at Greenfield since 1995. The Yellow Jackets have won three of the last four meetings with LC's lone win coming last year 39-0. With that said I believe the Falcons will win in a hard fought game. As far as the gatorade showers go, as long as the team is playing with intensity and having fun, look at the last two weeks versuses the first 3 weeks, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!

Lake Co led Greenfield 47-0 at halftime and came out and scored two quick scores in the 3rd quarter to lead 59-0 and put in the reserves about mid way in the 3rd quarter...Greenfield scored with a little over 6 minutes to go in the game..A gentleman called in from West Carrol on the radio station tonight and said Lake Co scores a lot of points and that they seem to want to really run up the score..Last week Lake Co had Halls 52-7 in about a half and played their reserves at the 6 minute mark in the third quarter.In both the Halls game and the game tonight against Greenfield,had Lake Co wanted to run up the score against either of these teams the could have scored 70 or 80 points...Like I said,halftime tonight was 47-0 and it was 59-0 in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the at the beginning of the 3rd quarter..The gentleman from West Carrol must just be looking at the final score....I would like to see some of their scores from the team they had last year against some of the less talented teams they played in during their 10-1 regular season...

Lake Co led Greenfield 47-0 at halftime and came out and scored two quick scores in the 3rd quarter to lead 59-0 and put in the reserves about mid way in the 3rd quarter...Greenfield scored with a little over 6 minutes to go in the game..A gentleman called in from West Carrol on the radio station tonight and said Lake Co scores a lot of points and that they seem to want to really run up the score..Last week Lake Co had Halls 52-7 in about a half and played their reserves at the 6 minute mark in the third quarter.In both the Halls game and the game tonight against Greenfield,had Lake Co wanted to run up the score against either of these teams the could have scored 70 or 80 points...Like I said,halftime tonight was 47-0 and it was 59-0 in the first 3 or 4 minutes in the at the beginning of the 3rd quarter..The gentleman from West Carrol must just be looking at the final score....I would like to see some of their scores from the team they had last year against some of the less talented teams they played in during their 10-1 regular season...

I heard the man on the radio too. I was thinking the exact same thing as you were. Also, you were exactly right, we could have easily scored 75 - 80 points on the past 2 teams we played. Anyway, congrats on the win Lake County!

With about 3 minutes left in the 1st half the reserves were playing. The first team defense played one series in the 3rd quarter.Springer was taken out of the game with 3 minutes left in the half and did not play the rest of the game. I bet you that LC younger players have got a whole lot more varsity experience than West Carroll's young players have. The man on the radio needs to get his facts straight before accusing anyone of running up the score.

With about 3 minutes left in the 1st half the reserves were playing. The first team defense played one series in the 3rd quarter.Springer was taken out of the game with 3 minutes left in the half and did not play the rest of the game. I bet you that LC younger players have got a whole lot more varsity experience than West Carroll's young players have. The man on the radio needs to get his facts straight before accusing anyone of running up the score.

lakecountyfalconfan,

We haven't talked in a while and we'll be playin' in a couple of weeks. Man, ya'll are on a roll!!!!! The Rebels have won the games I thought we should at this point and an added bonus in beating Dresden but, we just haven't really broken out yet.

Who knows??? We're putting up a lot of yardage but, not a lot of points compared to the yards.

Anyway, we talked about meetin' up over here before our game and thought I'd give you some hints. If nothing happens, I'll hang out on the end of the field where we warm up before the game (opposite the scoreboard) a bit, 30-45 minutes before kickoff around the goal post. You can't miss me. Middle aged, beard and , a ponytail down to my waist!!!!! Won't be many of those around there huh!? Naturally, I'll be decked in Red and Grey too. Come hunt me up. Look foreward to meetin' you. I'll check back on this thread in a day or so and hope to hear from you. Otherwise, there'll be a thread started for our game I'm sure.

Just hope we can hang with ya'll and make it look decent at the end! I'm thinkin' ya'll played Union City too early in the season!?

Edited by duckman38201

We all know that Lake Co hasn't been running up the score..I believe he is just looking at the score and seeing the last two games have been close to 60 points and he is saying Wow!Plus the fact that the week before we played West Carrol and beat them 28-0 in a game that they never even got close to scoring..I don't believe Coach Barger is the kind of coach to run up the score on anyone...What else could he have done?Put the reserves in and tell them to fall down...As a matter of fact,the reserves drove the ball about 50 or 60 yards and fumbled on about the Greenfield 20 yard line..Had they not fumbled we still would have scored 60 anyway..But we all know if Coach Barger wanted to run up the score,he could have,at least in these last two games .Like you both said,the gentleman may need to be at the game to see what went on instead of just looking at the score and assumming Lake Co ran up the score...