Best team in the Chattanooga Area

awfl

I posted this on a thread a couple of days ago, doesn't decide who wins, that's done on the field, but does give a non-biased calculated viewpoint.

Here are the unapproved website.com computer rankings for the teams in the Chattanooga area. The number at the end is the state overall ranking.

1-McCallie (24)

2-Ooltewah (42)

3-Baylor (44)

4-Notre Dame (57)

5-South Pittsburg (63)

6-Red Bank (70)

7-Sequatchie County (90)

8-Soddy-Daisy (109)

9-Hixson (120)

10-Polk County (140)

11-Tyner (146)

12-Meigs County (154)

13-East Ridge (160)

14-Cleveland (168)

15-McMinn Central (178)

16-Lookout Valley (183)

17-Howard (189)

18-Boyd-Buchanan (204)

19-Rhea County (206)

20-Chattanooga Central (208)

21-Bledsoe County (213)

22-McMinn County (219)

23-Whitwell (220)

24-Temple (225)

25-Marion County (226)

26-Brainerd (242)

27-Grace (257)

28-Bradley Central (260)

29-Sequoyah (267)

30-Taft (273)

31-Grundy County (276)

32-Copper Basin (277)

33-Silverdale (290)

34-Walker Valley (291)

35-Tellico Plains (296)

36-David Brainerd (318)

1. Ooltewah (5-1)

2. McCallie (4-2)

3. Baylor (3-3)

4. Notre Dame (6-0)

5. Red Bank (5-1)

6. Soddy Daisy (4-2)

7. Tyner (4-2)

8. South Pittsburgh (6-0)

9. Hixson (4-2)

10. Polk County (5-1)

Not sure any others can be considered. I think you have Ooltewah and McCallie separated a good distance from Baylor and then you can give or take the rest.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

1.McCallie-by far the best team

2-Ooltewah-got killed for its 2nd loss and will get its 3rd this week against oak ridge but still 2nd in a week chatt area

3-Red Bank

4-Baylor

5-Tyner - Wish Boyd was healthy because it would be a good one if so.

6-Boyd-Buchanan-Might think it is crazy but they have one of the hardest schedules in chatt. because no one will play them. Have had injuries but beat a top 5 2A team (CPA) 39-6 and would dominate south pitt like they do every year. Also they played or play Fulton, 3 teams in my top 5, and number 4 in 5A Cookeville.

7-Notre Dame-overrated, weak schedule

8-South Pittsburg-weak schedule, coudlnt play with boyd

9-Sequatchie County

10-Soddy-Daisy

1.McCallie-by far the best team

2-Ooltewah-got killed for its 2nd loss and will get its 3rd this week against oak ridge but still 2nd in a week chatt area

3-Red Bank

4-Baylor

5-Tyner - Wish Boyd was healthy because it would be a good one if so.

6-Boyd-Buchanan-Might think it is crazy but they have one of the hardest schedules in chatt. because no one will play them. Have had injuries but beat a top 5 2A team (CPA) 39-6 and would dominate south pitt like they do every year. Also they played or play Fulton, 3 teams in my top 5, and number 4 in 5A Cookeville.

7-Notre Dame-overrated, weak schedule

8-South Pittsburg-weak schedule, coudlnt play with boyd

9-Sequatchie County

10-Soddy-Daisy

Good poll, but Baylor could beat the owls. it also shows how WEAK Chattanooga football is .

steve who r u trying to kid? chattanooga is not having one of its better seasons. you must just be out of the loop or something. tyner lost their minds against Brainerd. Mccallie lost to one of K-town's average teams (Powell) and to 2A's best team Alcoa, who got drilled by maryville. and Boyd, they are well coached but are not as loaded as usual. As good as Red Bank has been this year they are maybe a top ten 4A team.

I am not "out of the loop" although I have been accused of being "clueless" by Antwan! I have no delusions of grandeur for the Chattanooga area this year. I have probably seen as many different area teams in person as anyone. I realize Chatt-town is down. But really, do you think there are 203 teams in the state better than BBS? (How many teams are there in the state, anyway?) I know the Bucs are down some, but come on! I just question this CalPrep rating.

I am not "out of the loop" although I have been accused of being "clueless" by Antwan! I have no delusions of grandeur for the Chattanooga area this year. I have probably seen as many different area teams in person as anyone. I realize Chatt-town is down. But really, do you think there are 203 teams in the state better than BBS? (How many teams are there in the state, anyway?) I know the Bucs are down some, but come on! I just question this CalPrep rating.

Supersteve is not out of the loop. He knows more about chattanooga sports than anyone else i know. He is a heck of a basketball coach also.

Overall, Chattanooga teams are really weak this year so thats why its hard to say who is the best. Notre Dame might have an undefeated record but they have yet to play a competitve opponent thus far. Ooltewah has two losses to Knoxville teams and if McCallie continues to play the way they have no one can beat them.

I dont mean to offend anyone but Knoxville has owned Chattanooga this year and I hope the Owls change that with an upset over Oak Ridge tonight. Go Owls!

Ooltewah is 2-1 against the top ten teams in 5A (according the last week's AP poll which probably hasn't changed much). I've seen McCallie play, and I wasn't very impressed, and neither Red Bank or Notre Dame have played against any stiff competition this season. I think Ooltewah showed they do have some heart tonight, and with the talent we know they have, you have to put them on top of all the Chattanooga teams.

Ooltewah is 2-1 against the top ten teams in 5A (according the last week's AP poll which probably hasn't changed much). I've seen McCallie play, and I wasn't very impressed, and neither Red Bank or Notre Dame have played against any stiff competition this season. I think Ooltewah showed they do have some heart tonight, and with the talent we know they have, you have to put them on top of all the Chattanooga teams.

Ooltewah is the best team in the area, they have lost a few key starters though. that is why they are not undefeated. mccallie and red bank as well as baylor are decent on a statewide level, ooltewah when healthy is the only real threat. notre dame for their class should do well in the playoffs, had they been in 4-4a or 2-5a they would have won maybe 3 or 4, maybe 5 games this year. thats about it.

Ooltewah is the best team in the area, they have lost a few key starters though. that is why they are not undefeated. mccallie and red bank as well as baylor are decent on a statewide level, ooltewah when healthy is the only real threat. notre dame for their class should do well in the playoffs, had they been in 4-4a or 2-5a they would have won maybe 3 or 4, maybe 5 games this year. thats about it.

Notre Dame can compete in 4-4a easily,not saying they would win it,but they could catch the 2.3.or4 spot in playoffs so i don't even want to see that crap.....Now back to best team in Chattown...

After ooltewah's win over #2 ranked Oak Ridge....I would put Ooltewah #1

Red bank #2 Notre Dame #3 and McCallie #4 Tyner would be #5

Notre Dame can compete in 4-4a easily,not saying they would win it,but they could catch the 2.3.or4 spot in playoffs so i don't even want to see that crap.....Now back to best team in Chattown...

After ooltewah's win over #2 ranked Oak Ridge....I would put Ooltewah #1

Red bank #2 Notre Dame #3 and McCallie #4 Tyner would be #5

mccallie should be number one, they only have one super 7 loss, and they have beat tyner and baylor two other top teams in the area

Edited by 119wrestler