SOUTH AT ELIZABETHTON

cyclone81

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cyclones will definately have to pass the ball if they want to do anything against South.

Not that Sullivan South's playoff hopes are in question, but if they win this game it will qualify them for the playoffs.

Can't say too much about South, havn't seen them. I do know that the Vikings are weak on pass defense, but we didn't explore that. Elizabethton is evolving and just need to play the game like they played vs South's JV last year. I look for a good game and no 'blow-out'. Never know??? I'll wait and see before predicting on this one.

;)

Can't say too much about South, havn't seen them. I do know that the Vikings are weak on pass defense, but we didn't explore that. Elizabethton is evolving and just need to play the game like they played vs South's JV last year. I look for a good game and no 'blow-out'. Never know??? I'll wait and see before predicting on this one.

B)

I wish everyone would stop looking at JV and freshmen games and trying to predict games in the future. While it is good to watch these games, you cannot put much stock in them. For instance, if South's soph. QB was playing JV this year, they would probably be unbeaten. A lot of teams play freshmen on JV and varsity that you can't look at these games as what the future will hold. All I heard last year and this year was watch out for Betsy cause their JV team is awesome!! Well, what you didn't realize was, South had several kids playing varsity that could have been kicking butt on JV. With this being said, Betsy could still win Friday, but it would take a total break down on the Rebels part for it to happen. South should roll through this game and go on to take the conference title.

I wish everyone would stop looking at JV and freshmen games and trying to predict games in the future. While it is good to watch these games, you cannot put much stock in them. For instance, if South's soph. QB was playing JV this year, they would probably be unbeaten. A lot of teams play freshmen on JV and varsity that you can't look at these games as what the future will hold. All I heard last year and this year was watch out for Betsy cause their JV team is awesome!! Well, what you didn't realize was, South had several kids playing varsity that could have been kicking butt on JV. With this being said, Betsy could still win Friday, but it would take a total break down on the Rebels part for it to happen. South should roll through this game and go on to take the conference title.

And like I said, I havn't seen South's varsity this year but I did see South's QB and alot of their line playing JV last year. If I'm not mistaken, quite of a few of last year's South JV linemen played varsity last year? And please correct me if I'm wrong (which I'm sure you will). Betsy doesn't play any players on JV who see regular time on varsity, this year or last year.

It'll be ok.........and it won't take a "total breakdown". We think we can give you a good game regardless. I DUNNO???

:D

Edited by GLee

True, anything can happen, but if the Rebels play their game, they shouldn't have too much trouble. I'll wait until I hear about our QB situation before making a score prediction.

I agree with your post and yes, Soph QB Phillips is an amazing QB. But, "backup" Senior QB Jake Hicks had 299 total yards in South's victory last week.... I'l go out on that solid limb and predict the game regardless of which QB is at the helm of the Rebel juggernaut.

South 34

Betsy 7

South will win. By how much, who knows. THS beat Elizabethton with only 1 half of football, and lost to South. Granted, I am sure that EHS has gotten better, and I don't know if THS hasn't gotten worse. But South has alot of good players, and they seemed to want it worse than the Vikings did Friday night.

South 28

Betsy 6

I'll wait but it wouldnt surprise me ----- UPSET

South will win. Granted, I am sure that EHS has gotten better, and I don't know if THS hasn't gotten worse. But South has alot of good players, and they seemed to want it worse than the Vikings did Friday night.

I agree, South has alot of 'want'. That has been instilled by Coach Carter.