• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Chipper was like Cards losing Rolen (top 5 in MVP voting last year), the difference is Chipper was able to come back.

Also don't forget Jones hit .220 with runners in scoring position. If we're going to say Big Papi deserves it because of clutch ability, then should we not judge Jones on the same criteria?

Edited by Solomon

This is easy!

NL-Andruw Jones, owns 2/3 of the triple crown

AL-David Ortiz/Manny Ramirez, co-MVP

You really think 10 HR and 11 RBI outweigh 70 points higher BA and 34 more runs scored. I believe Albert finished 2nd in BA, 2nd in RBI and 3rd in HR and first in runs scored. Pujols near top of every offensive category. Has an MVP ever had a BA as low as .262? If Andruw had hit near .300, I could better buy the argument. But just hitting 10 more HR and driving in 11 more runs, this just makes AJ the HR champ. This just isn't even close, answer is obvious to me, but we will see, I don't have a vote. At least this is an argument that will be settled when award is announced. I think AJ finishes a not so close second. We'll find out in November.

AL is more of a toss up, but Manny out IMO because of Ortiz.

I'm getting ready for some baseball. Only a little over an hour to first pitch.

Also don't forget Jones hit .220 with runners in scoring position. If we're going to say Big Papi deserves it because of clutch ability, then should we not judge Jones on the same criteria?

Wow, .220 with runners in scoring position, didn't know that, but only hit .262 anyway. I just can't justify a .262 MVP when there is a .330 hitter that was 1st in league in runs scored, 2nd in RBI's and 3rd in HR whose team had the best record in baseball.

Guys, the MVP stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, and it is obvious that Jones was exactly that! Now if they want to make a MOP(MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER) or a Offensive Player of the Year, then maybe we can talk about Pujols! But Andruw did it every where, at bat, in the field, and in the club-house and was clearly the MVP! And YES, I think those 10 HR and 11 RBI was more valuable because the Braves only won the division by 2 games! :thumb:

Guys, the MVP stands for MOST VALUABLE PLAYER, and it is obvious that Jones was exactly that! Now if they want to make a MOP(MOST OUTSTANDING PLAYER) or a Offensive Player of the Year, then maybe we can talk about Pujols! But Andruw did it every where, at bat, in the field, and in the club-house and was clearly the MVP! And YES, I think those 10 HR and 11 RBI was more valuable because the Braves only won the division by 2 games! :thumb:

Everyone know what MVP stands for, well almost everyone. The fact that you say it is obvious Jones is MVP totally takes away your credibility. Just shows you are looking through those Brave colored glasses and I have learned you can not have an intelligent conversation with people from Braves Fantasy Land. Fortunately in this case we will find out who is right in November, so until then....

No on has ever won the MVP hitting as low as .262, Numerous players have led league in HR and RBI and not won the MVP.

But I know Andy CARRIED the Braves by having the LOWEST BATTING AVERAGE with runners in scoring position among ALL OG THE PLAYERS IN NL who had enough AB's to qualify for the batting title. LAST in the league with runners in scoring position, That's the way to carry that team, Andy.

I tried to be nice, but I just can't deal with Brave Fantasy World. Everything Brave is great and nothing anyone else does can compare. It's pathetic. Take an unbiased look occasionally.

I'm going to leave this topic to you. Just make sure your here in November.

from a neutral perspective, both of yall are making valid points about why it should be Jones or Pujols. if i was gonna pick 1 player to build my expansion team around it would be Pujols. he is the most complete player in the game today, and he's even added speed this year, whats he got like 20 steals? but Andruw Jones carried an offensively challenged Braves team for alot of the season, and he is the only guy in baseball to hit 50 this year, the lone man in the 50hr club gives him an advantage in my opinion. alot of the reason Pujols scored so many more runs is because of the bats surrounding him...but of course that high ba had alot to do with it too. i think Andruw Jones deserves it but i think Pujols will get it cause he's always had stellar numbers and would already have a couple of MVP awards if it wasnt for Barry Bonds and his steroids.

dang this is tough on me....as i type this my Redsox have fell behind 5-0 already and the 1st inning aint even over yet! thats what they get for bringing a Cub over to pitch, they finally get rid of their curse then they bring in a cursed pitcher, it will probably be another 86 years now.

Everyone know what MVP stands for, well almost everyone. The fact that you say it is obvious Jones is MVP totally takes away your credibility. Just shows you are looking through those Brave colored glasses and I have learned you can not have an intelligent conversation with people from Braves Fantasy Land. Fortunately in this case we will find out who is right in November, so until then....

No on has ever won the MVP hitting as low as .262, Numerous players have led league in HR and RBI and not won the MVP.

But I know Andy CARRIED the Braves by having the LOWEST BATTING AVERAGE with runners in scoring position among ALL OG THE PLAYERS IN NL who had enough AB's to qualify for the batting title. LAST in the league with runners in scoring position, That's the way to carry that team, Andy.

I tried to be nice, but I just can't deal with Brave Fantasy World. Everything Brave is great and nothing anyone else does can compare. It's pathetic. Take an unbiased look occasionally.

I'm going to leave this topic to you. Just make sure your here in November.

then who carried the team? did you keep up with the braves this year? or was this just your chance to talk bad about the braves...

then who carried the team? did you keep up with the braves this year? or was this just your chance to talk bad about the braves...

he talks about Braves fans having on rose-colored glasses on, but he is the one who constantly bashes the Braves, you don't see anyone else on here saying the Cardinals are horrible or Pujols is not a great player, but you will deny that and try to throw it back upon me won't you, jusdontno. you probably think larussa deserves manager of the year over cox too, don't you? you are as biased as anyone else on this board.

he talks about Braves fans having on rose-colored glasses on, but he is the one who constantly bashes the Braves, you don't see anyone else on here saying the Cardinals are horrible or Pujols is not a great player, but you will deny that and try to throw it back upon me won't you, jusdontno. you probably think larussa deserves manager of the year over cox too, don't you? you are as biased as anyone else on this board.

Actually, I think Ned Yost probably deserves it for taking that Milwaukee team and going .500 with them.

Jones is going to win it. Pujols is a victim of outplaying what was expected of him early on, and much like Coach K never winning a Coach of the Year (I can't believe I just said that), will probably never win an MVP award because you just come to expect it of him and it's a bigger deal when he doesn't do it than when he produces. Same thing happened with Musial. If he played in Boston or New York, he's be considered one of the 5 greatest players of all time.

Jones, however, is finally living up to the hype that surrounded him as the 18 year old playing centerfield in the World Series. The media has wanted this guy to be so good for so long that it is sad. And I don't care what you say, he's not been considered an elite player until this year. Good, but not elite. That's the bigger story, and he's going to get more press because of it.

Oh yeah, and just to debunk the "value" theory, you take Pujols out of that lineup, even with everyone else healthy missing no extended games, and this is an 85 win team max. He makes team pitch different to everyone around him. That is value.

But once again, just give me 10 more wins and Jones can have his MVP trophy! :thumb:

Edited by Solomon

I have Never bashed the Braves, only Brave Fantasy land. Facts are unacceptable in Braves Fantasy Land.

I have never been bias to any other team and rarely had the chance to talk about any other team, just had the nerve to disagree with Brave Fantasy land.

Be a homer, that's great, you should, But at least realize there are other teams and players besides the Braves, and dare I say, sometimes they may be better than the Braves or their players.

But in BFL all we hear is Braves are the Greatest, Braves division is the greatest, Braves players are the greatest and no one else exists. And when I point out facts to the contrary and maybe throw in another opinion, the defensive BFL goes

beserk. They don't dispute the facts and don't offer any facts, just say Braves are the greatest and nobody else dare be mentioned in same breath with the Braves.

Just a note, when you go to a discussion board, people have different opinions and that is what great. If everyone agreed, it would be dull. At least don't lose all credibility by saying Jones is obvious MVP winner when you know at best you hope he wins, but Pujols has to be the front runner, or even in BFL a contender.

Edited by jusdontno

I have Never bashed the Braves, only Brave Fantasy land. Facts are unacceptable in Braves Fantasy Land.

I have never been bias to any other team and rarely had the chance to talk about any other team, just had the nerve to disagree with Brave Fantasy land.

Be a homer, that's great, you should, But at least realize there are other teams and players besides the Braves, and dare I say, sometimes they may be better than the Braves or their players.

But in BFL all we hear is Braves are the Greatest, Braves division is the greatest, Braves players are the greatest and no one else exists. And when I point out facts to the contrary and maybe throw in another opinion, the defensive BFL goes

beserk. They don't dispute the facts and don't offer any facts, just say Braves are the greatest and nobody else dare be mentioned in same breath with the Braves.

Just a note, when you go to a discussion board, people have different opinions and that is what great. If everyone agreed, it would be dull. At least don't lose all credibility by saying Jones is obvious MVP winner when you know at best you hope he wins, but Pujols has to be the front runner, or even in BFL a contender.

braves fantasy land....haha i like that :D