i guess you can stop lookin for that Yankees/Redsox series. i dont think its gonna happen, but if anybody can do it its the Redsox so theres still a chance. you know what they did last year and they came back from down 0-2 to the A's in the first round 2 years ago, but this team isnt near as good as what they've had the last couple of years. you've gotta have chemistry to come out of situations like these and they just dont have it this year. they got Manny wanting to be traded, everybody turning on Schilling, Damon whining all the time....this just aint the same happy go lucky team they had last year. im a Redsox fan and im hoping for the best but hey, i can admit defeat when its time...if history repeats itself we got another 85 years to go :lol: .

and about the Jones hr, i didnt say it made him MVP caliber. his 51 hr's during the regular season made him mvp caliber. he came up to bat with his team down by 3 and hit a 2 run homer to get them back in the game, thats the type of things mvp's are supposed to do, right? lol i can already hear your next smart*** remark..."so if my hero Reggie Sanders hits a 2 run hr to give the Cardinals the lead that makes him the mvp, right?"

I knew your meaning and it was just a I prefer sarcastic :lol: to smartxxx remark. A joke, OK. It wasn't the Jones boys fault they lost.

Red Sox still have shot, going back home and they have proven to never count them out, but I know they would rather be 1-1. I think maybe we counted on White Sox playoff inexperience too much--AS i said their regular season speaks for itself, they just have to show they can do it in the post season, and they are definitely off to a good start. If Sox can grab game 3, suddenly it's 2-1 and a series again. If they lose game 3, I think that will be tough to come back from. (this is a joke).

Yanks could have took charge last night, now they have a fight on their hands.

Today it's NL time, although Cards are big favorites, a loss today and they are suddenly in a 2 out of 3 scuffle.

Braves need to win tonight, obviously, and with Smoltz, I like their chances even against the Rocket. A loss and I don't think Braves come back from 0-2.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try to keep up, was obviously a sarcastic remark in reply to AJ HR today making him MVP caliber. I'll try to type slower next time. I would really rather talk baseball than reply to your "intelligent" posts.

i know what you were saying...i saw the other post...it was still a dumb remark...

Ok, a few stats.

Pujols is found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=4574

Jones is found here: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/stats?playerId=3520

In comparion:

Jones had one more triple, 10 more home runs, 11 more RBI, and 47 more strikeouts.

Pujols scored 34 more runs, had 41 more hits, 24 more doubles, 33 more walks, 11 more stolen bases, batting average was 63 points higher, on base pct was 83 points higher, slugging pct was 118 points higher and OPS was 192 points higher.

Argue what you want, the facts speak for themselves.

again its not the best offensive player..its MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

and about the Jones hr, i didnt say it made him MVP caliber. his 51 hr's during the regular season made him mvp caliber. he came up to bat with his team down by 3 and hit a 2 run homer to get them back in the game, thats the type of things mvp's are supposed to do, right? lol i can already hear your next smart*** remark..."so if my hero Reggie Sanders hits a 2 run hr to give the Cardinals the lead that makes him the mvp, right?"

thank you exactly what i was tryin to say...

again its not the best offensive player..its MOST VALUABLE PLAYER

Unfortunately for your argument statistics in baseball are a direct correlation to value. It's how the game works. Besides, when a guy has number that lead another in that many categories, how can you not say he is not the most valuable?

You take Pujols out of the Cards lineup, and they win 85 games at max.

Unfortunately for your argument statistics in baseball are a direct correlation to value. It's how the game works. Besides, when a guy has number that lead another in that many categories, how can you not say he is not the most valuable?

You take Pujols out of the Cards lineup, and they win 85 games at max.

braves dont even win 85 without jones..they got 90 wins with jones without him i see maybe 75...

Ok, a few stats.

In comparion:

Jones had one more triple, 10 more home runs, 11 more RBI, and 47 more strikeouts.

Pujols scored 34 more runs, had 41 more hits, 24 more doubles, 33 more walks, 11 more stolen bases, batting average was 63 points higher, on base pct was 83 points higher, slugging pct was 118 points higher and OPS was 192 points higher.

OK! Sure give him the MOP award! You have got to realize the meaning of MVP to be able to understand why Jones is the sure fire MVP! Classic example, a few years back, McNair's numbers werent near as flashy as Manning's, but everyone knew that McNair was just as valuable as Manning was!

Ok, a few stats.

In comparion:

You don't understand, stats and facts don't mean anything. You forget that intangible warm fuzzy BFL feeling that Andrew was so superior to Albert, you know, because the Braves had all those injuries, Albert didn't have to deal with that, and that Albert carried his team to best record in baseball which is another strike against him, and dadgumit, AJ was just better in BFL.

In BFL you use terms like Most Outstanding Player (but not MVP caliber), and Carried the team (while finishing last in league in BA with runners in scoring position) and all those injuries (when actually Albert and the Cards had to overcome many more injuries than AJ and the Braves). And AJ is obviously the MVP, just cause.

Learn these terms, ignore what is in parenthesis and ignore the .262 BA and then you will be ready for BFL--naw, that still doesn't work, shucks.

I swore I wasn't going to post on this subject anymore, but good grief, had to explain BFL to poor misimformed Solomon. Once again my plans are not to post again on this subject (which will dissapoint BFL, I know)--But I will return in November. I'm moving to playoff thread.

Note: No derogatory remarks have been made about the Braves or AJ in the post.

You don't understand, stats and facts don't mean anything. You forget that intangible warm fuzzy BFL feeling that Andrew was so superior to Albert, you know, because the Braves had all those injuries, Albert didn't have to deal with that, and that Albert carried his team to best record in baseball which is another strike against him, and dadgumit, AJ was just better in BFL.

In BFL you use terms like Most Outstanding Player (but not MVP caliber), and Carried the team (while finishing last in league in BA with runners in scoring position) and all those injuries (when actually Albert and the Cards had to overcome many more injuries than AJ and the Braves). And AJ is obviously the MVP, just cause.

Learn these terms, ignore what is in parenthesis and ignore the .262 BA and then you will be ready for BFL--naw, that still doesn't work, shucks.

I swore I wasn't going to post on this subject anymore, but good grief, had to explain BFL to poor misimformed Solomon. Once again my plans are not to post again on this subject (which will dissapoint BFL, I know)--But I will return in November. I'm moving to playoff thread.

Note: No derogatory remarks have been made about the Braves or AJ in the post.

you never seem to let me down with one of your dumb post about your lil BFL...

i get a kick out of this...good stuff, yall keep it up!

i like how the Cardinal fans think its without a doubt Albert Pujols but the Braves fans know for sure its Andruw Jones...and in reality its a coin toss, could go either way cause they both deserve it. maybe they'll share the MVP that way nobody gets shafted. i've got another opinion on the injuries that i would like to share with the cards fans and "BFL"....when you have Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Walker, and Sanders you can lose a couple of bats and still be ok. when you've got Jones and Jones as your only power source it hurts a little more. the Cards had guys with big league experience to replace their injured players but the Braves had to go to the minor leagues for help. and once again, i think Jones was more valuable to his team cause without him goin yard every other game they probably would have dropped out of the playoff race when Chipper and Giles were battling injuries, but that doesnt change the fact that Pujols has the better numbers so it really could go either way.

ok lets get a game update in here. the bags are packed with Pujols coming up with a chance to blow this game wide open. if he's an MVP he ought to be able come up with a hit right here. and the verdict is..........they walked him. not bad though, he got a run in so he did his job.

i get a kick out of this...good stuff, yall keep it up!

i like how the Cardinal fans think its without a doubt Albert Pujols but the Braves fans know for sure its Andruw Jones...and in reality its a coin toss, could go either way cause they both deserve it. maybe they'll share the MVP that way nobody gets shafted. i've got another opinion on the injuries that i would like to share with the cards fans and "BFL"....when you have Pujols, Edmonds, Rolen, Walker, and Sanders you can lose a couple of bats and still be ok. when you've got Jones and Jones as your only power source it hurts a little more. the Cards had guys with big league experience to replace their injured players but the Braves had to go to the minor leagues for help. and once again, i think Jones was more valuable to his team cause without him goin yard every other game they probably would have dropped out of the playoff race when Chipper and Giles were battling injuries, but that doesnt change the fact that Pujols has the better numbers so it really could go either way.

ok lets get a game update in here. the bags are packed with Pujols coming up with a chance to blow this game wide open. if he's an MVP he ought to be able come up with a hit right here. and the verdict is..........they walked him. not bad though, he got a run in so he did his job.

Nunez, Luna, Taguchi, J Rodriquez, Einer Diaz, Mabry, not trying to be a smartXXX, but an observation. Some big league experience, yes, but mainly castoffs of other teams, not hot shot prospects. Ever wonder why these guys were able to get it done in SL. the big man in the middle of the lineup and eck were the only constants. 4 starters hurt most of year, Edmonds and Grudz battling nagging injuries all year long.

The Pads must have some respect for AP, pitching around him with bases laoded. And in my humble opinion, a good job by AP of talking the walk, getting a run home and setting up huge inning with Walker and Reggie (who didn't come through, but point is same). That's kind of the story with Albert, he's all about winning the game.

Cards up 2-0, someone needs to tell Pads Cardinals might not need all that help.

i dont think its without a doubt AJ but i just think he has been more valuable to team this year...but i would have to say pujols is a VERY close second if they dont just share it...

Nunez, Luna, Taguchi, J Rodriquez, Einer Diaz, Mabry, not trying to be a smartXXX, but an observation. Some big league experience, yes, but mainly castoffs of other teams, not hot shot prospects. Ever wonder why these guys were able to get it done in SL. the big man in the middle of the lineup and eck were the only constants. 4 starters hurt most of year, Edmonds and Grudz battling nagging injuries all year long.

The Pads must have some respect for AP, pitching around him with bases laoded. And in my humble opinion, a good job by AP of talking the walk, getting a run home and setting up huge inning with Walker and Reggie (who didn't come through, but point is same). That's kind of the story with Albert, he's all about winning the game.

Cards up 2-0, someone needs to tell Pads Cardinals might not need all that help.

its not already november is it??

i dont think its without a doubt AJ but i just think he has been more valuable to team this year...but i would have to say pujols is a VERY close second if they dont just share it...

its not already november is it??

Thought I was allowed to talk about AP if I didn't talk about AJ and the Braves, Sorry. :o