William Blount

orcats2005

OR will have to play much better than they did Friday night to beat an up and down WB. Something tells me we will get their best effort. Could be faster than OR at the skill positions over all. That makes me wonder what Farragut did to bottle up that speed. OR still hasn't put together 4 complete quarters since week one. It will take four good ones to get this win.

Does anyone else see a continous pattern with teams coached by Meadows? In my opinion he is the most overrated coach in East Tennessee football. He historically chases talent, uses the talent to produce a winning team for the short term while creating an environment were the "inmates run the asylum," then bolts as the talent wanes for another program.

Jefferson County is in the dumps and having to rebuild the talent base as well as overhaul the attitudes of their program since his departure.

I think WB has speed and talent, but lacks the overall discipline to win consistently.

OR should beat them easily.

Does anyone else see a continous pattern with teams coached by Meadows? In my opinion he is the most overrated coach in East Tennessee football. He historically chases talent, uses the talent to produce a winning team for the short term while creating an environment were the "inmates run the asylum," then bolts as the talent wanes for another program.

Jefferson County is in the dumps and having to rebuild the talent base as well as overhaul the attitudes of their program since his departure.

I think WB has speed and talent, but lacks the overall discipline to win consistently.

Unfair character judgment. I know players who have played under Meadows from 3 different schools and all of them think the world of him. Say what you want about Meadows but everywhere he goes, he turns the program around. WB is probably the hardest challenge for him.

The one criticism that I have of Meadows is that he has not stayed to build a consistent program at a particular school.

It would be nice to see what he can do if he sticks around at WB for 5-10 years.

If this was true, he would not have left Alcoa when he did with this year's group just getting to AHS at the time. Their talent was well known when he left.

• 1 year later...

If this was true, he would not have left Alcoa when he did with this year's group just getting to AHS at the time. Their talent was well known when he left.

So sad that you do not know why he was not welcomed back at Alcoa when they were looking for a new coach years later. I will not stoop that low to tell you. I was raised better than that and I know people can change. But for three years now it has not happened!

So sad that you do not know why he was not welcomed back at Alcoa when they were looking for a new coach years later. I will not stoop that low to tell you. I was raised better than that and I know people can change. But for three years now it has not happened!

Dunno about the drama I assume Meadows is WB's coach and I know Rankin is at Alcoa so I can only imagine but I have seen WB and have not seen OR. As an Owl fan I'm gonna say WB 28 OR 17. Hopefully after we run table we won't have to see OR in playoffs )

]

Yeah and family members become inmates :lol::lol: Sorry. Hope his dad gets some help . You know apples don't fall far from the tree.

Unfair character judgment. I know players who have played under Meadows from 3 different schools and all of them think the world of him. Say what you want about Meadows but everywhere he goes, he turns the program around. WB is probably the hardest challenge for him.

The one criticism that I have of Meadows is that he has not stayed to build a consistent program at a particular school.

It would be nice to see what he can do if he sticks around at WB for 5-10 years.