WHAT MAKES ALCOA SO GOOD?

BUC4LIFE

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FBE,

Once again you show your bias against Alcoa. I believe that Alcoa is only two gold balls behind Maryville, yet you are never able to give Alcoa any credit.

Alcoa has a winning tradition. Alcoa year in and year out has had competitive teams with very few exceptions.

We have nine..y'all have six...something wrong with your mat...but I'm not matematician...

Alcoa's facilities are still lacking and they deserve the best. Sorry, just my opinion. The recent upgrades are quite nice...feel better?

You should be use to it by now. Anywhere the Alcoa football team is mentioned your going to have a Reb Crashing the Board. I gave Alcoa Credit for playing teams outside the norm and its like Gettsburg! Rebs everywhere! ;)

Should Top Teams in the State Play other top programs

MBA, Riverdale and Alcoa stepping up! Others?

Lets not give TOO much credit Rig. They were kinda forced to replace the Blount Co schools. Yep, they picked REAL good replacements...but lets not all hold hands and say "Alcoa dropped all the fluff and went after the best", cause that ain't what happened.

BTW, any and all of my criticism is constructive. I mean no harm.

:thumb:

Lets not give TOO much credit Rig. They were kinda forced to replace the Blount Co schools. Yep, they picked REAL good replacements...but lets not all hold hands and say "Alcoa dropped all the fluff and went after the best", cause that ain't what happened.

BTW, any and all of my criticism is constructive. I mean no harm.

:thumb:

I like your cannon. Does that count!

Sort of like how your doing in every Maryville thread , i may start calling you crash rigger . Can you actually make a post without mentioning the Maryville Rebels now ?

Not True! and yes!

I'm still waiting for your research on where I said. "FHS Defense is better than the Rebs"

Dude, Don't make things up and grow up!

BTW- I've been to 5 MHS games in 5 years of living here. Again I like the Maryville football program!

Rebs posters............................??????????

Edited by rigger101

Seriously, enough already...Farragut and Maryville don't play each other so there's no reason for us to do comparisons or take shots at one another.

Alcoa is a freaking GREAT 2A team with insanely talented athletes year in and year out who mutually benefit from competition with Maryville City and Blount County kids and programs growing up and learning the game.

Maryville people respect Alcoa. We respect the sports legacy that school has and we're glad they've got 6 golden balls to show for it. We support Alcoa every week that they are not playing Maryville, just like we'll support Farragut or Oak Ridge or anyone else from this side of the state if they go on to represent the East in the Boro.

Seriously, enough already...Farragut and Maryville don't play each other so there's no reason for us to do comparisons or take shots at one another.

Alcoa is a freaking GREAT 2A team with insanely talented athletes year in and year out who mutually benefit from competition with Maryville City and Blount County kids and programs growing up and learning the game.

Maryville people respect Alcoa. We respect the sports legacy that school has and we're glad they've got 6 golden balls to show for it. We support Alcoa every week that they are not playing Maryville, just like we'll support Farragut or Oak Ridge or anyone else from this side of the state if they go on to represent the East in the Boro.

Preach on Papa !! :rolleyes:

You should be use to it by now. Anywhere the Alcoa football team is mentioned your going to have a Reb Crashing the Board. I gave Alcoa Credit for playing teams outside the norm and its like Gettsburg! Rebs everywhere! :rolleyes:

Should Top Teams in the State Play other top programs

MBA, Riverdale and Alcoa stepping up! Others?

Well, I thought it was a question for the board. All of you new comers and screen name changers have done a great job keeping Alcoa at the top of the board with various Alcoa posts.

Alcoa does have a good team this year and you know I am one of the many who think they are over-rated. No Bias, Just Opinion.

Consider this. Do I think Alcoa will get to the 2A State Championship game this year, YES. Will they win, maybe but I am convinced they will get there, and they should. Mainly because the rest of East Tennessee at 2A is very weak this year, like many years the past 10. Alcoa is good but not really that good, they just won't face to many teams, "IN 2A" that can beat them. Let's look at Mr. Sonny Moore' Power Rankings from last week. He has Alcoa at #6, very respectful and lofty. I respect Mr. Moore's mythology. But how many other 2A teams are ranked in the top 25? None! 5A 9: 4A 6; 3A 3. And a few privates & ind.

Now break this info down by class. In 2A in the top 25 in the eastern regions you have only 6 of the states top 25. That means the compition is not very good and little is standing in the way of Alcoa to get to the state game.

You can say what you want but there are facts that support my thoughts not to mention actual results. If you don’t want opinions and comment, don’t ask the questions.

Ummm...not to be negative, but I never root for Oak Ridge. I have my principles to uphold :rolleyes::D

The rest of that blanket statement I support and endorse :lol:

(Disclaimer: Papa Chaos is not affiliated with Rebel Nation, nor any of it's websites or chat boards. Agreement with any of Papa's statements is purely coincidental at best. Papa's brother John does make good pizza, however).

Edited by Rebel Nation