WHAT MAKES ALCOA SO GOOD?

BUC4LIFE

ask around and you will find out how players live with coaches so they can play at Alcoa, you will hear about little league scouts going to surroundings programs and start early recruiting. you will become aware of Sweetwater natives being moved to Alcoa to help build an empire. you will hear of players from north east Tennessee who led there region in rushing being lured to Alcoa. and why would they do that without some type of promise for making this move. this is how they do it. you all can not possibly think Alcoa is blessed with all this tallent because of the water or avaerage facilities...like I said before...something smells fishy and its not fish.

Most of Fan2Fan's post are pretty good.........THIS is not one of them. :D

-BlountCountySportsFan

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That post is just garbage. Nothing wrong is going on at Alcoa. Why do people start crap like that?

Alcoa is good because of hard work. As coach has mentioned in many articles, the kids didn't wanna buy into the hard work thing at first, but now they see the benefits. Bravo Tornadoes!!

You've become what we all knew you were capable of...champions!!

That post is just garbage. Nothing wrong is going on at Alcoa. Why do people start crap like that?

Alcoa is good because of hard work. As coach has mentioned in many articles, the kids didn't wanna buy into the hard work thing at first, but now they see the benefits. Bravo Tornadoes!!

You've become what we all knew you were capable of...champions!!

Talking about coming along way........Rebel Nation your post content and classiness has come along way! And for that...I thank you! :lol:

-BlountCountySportsFan

If you are not a fan of a powerhouse team than you grow a hate for them. I see nothing going wrong at Tyner, everyyear someone makes a comment about players moving from here to there and there to here. It is just like in baseball, if you are not a Yankees fan, you hate them. I dont think it is a personal attack, but with powerhouse teams, you either hate them or love them. :lol: The easiest way to attack a team like Tyner or Alcoa for instance is too start stuff about wrong doings. I am not comparing Tyner to Alcoa or vice versa, but both schools have heard the same comments. Alcoa more than Tyner obviously. :D

Talking about coming along way........Rebel Nation your post content and classiness has come along way! And for that...I thank you! :)

-BlountCountySportsFan

You see BT, we can get along. You misunderstood me. I know, I come on like a hurricane.

Go Blount Co Football!!! We're brining home a 3rd of the gold in 05!!

What makes Alcoa so good?

One word... Leadership.

Playing this team in 2003, the Alcoa team was very young and talented. We (Lipscomb) got an early lead and you could see the frustration set in with a bunch of sophomores on the field. As a Senior that year, along with around 13 other Senior starters, I knew Alcoa was going to be a force to be reckoned with. Brandon Warren and Dustin Lindsey are first class athletes. It has been amazing to see how far these guys have come from that night when we beat them 55-6 on their home field. That very game may have been the one that caused them to really grow up. Congratulations to a great and talented group of Alcoa seniors and good luck on bringing home your second straight gold ball.

Most of Fan2Fan's post are pretty good.........THIS is not one of them. :)

-BlountCountySportsFan

My sincere appologies to the Alcoa fans and players. this is what I get for staying logged on. you all have a good program and good atheletes. but I will say this " KINGDOMS RISE AND KINGDOMS FALL, SOME JUST LAST LONGER THAN OTHERS.

Blount county is a growing community and they have a lot to choose from and pride does play a big part.

Guest catfish-hunter

What makes Alcoa so good?

One word... Leadership.

Playing this team in 2003, the Alcoa team was very young and talented. We (Lipscomb) got an early lead and you could see the frustration set in with a bunch of sophomores on the field. As a Senior that year, along with around 13 other Senior starters, I knew Alcoa was going to be a force to be reckoned with. Brandon Warren and Dustin Lindsey are first class athletes. It has been amazing to see how far these guys have come from that night when we beat them 55-6 on their home field. That very game may have been the one that caused them to really grow up. Congratulations to a great and talented group of Alcoa seniors and good luck on bringing home your second straight gold ball.

The Maryville game this year did the same thing to Alcoa because since then they have been rolling over folks :huh:

I'd like to see Alcoa grow and play in the division with Maryville all the time.

Well that won't happen in the foreseeable future simply because of community size and number of students. Maryville has bout 1000 more kids than does Alcoa.

Alcoa has a great team this year but still can't compete with Maryville in football on a regular basis. I do think Alcoa could beat many teams around East Tennessee but asking them to step up and play larger schools is unfair. Not too many programs are on top every year, it takes allot of things to fall into place.

Alcoa has a great fan and support base. Big tax base. Pretty good facilities and if the team is winning, may kids want to play there. The academics are also pretty good as SAT & ACT scores go. Most winning programs draw kids that would go elsewhere; it is the same everywhere, not just at Alcoa and Maryville.

Traditionally, 2A is not very good in East Tennessee but this year Alcoa is exceptionally good and well rounded, it is a good bet they will repeat.

• 9 months later...