• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much Oswalt, that's why no one wanted the Astros to make the playoffs. Albert's HR just gave the Cardinals a couple of days reprieve only. Congrats to Astros and especially Biggio and Bagwell for making WS for first time.

On to the World Series, now we are down to 2 and I justdontno. Bad thing is I have to figure out who to cheer for. Both are compelling arguments, W Sox first championship since 1917, coming from no where before the season started to win it all. Or Astros winning it all for the first time with Bags and Biggio with the help from Roger and Pettitte (and of course Oswalt).

And the series should be close as well, may all be 1-0 games. Right now I'm leaning toward the stros because of NL, but just can't bring myself at this point to root against either team.

Too much Oswalt, that's why no one wanted the Astros to make the playoffs. Albert's HR just gave the Cardinals a couple of days reprieve only. Congrats to Astros and especially Biggio and Bagwell for making WS for first time.

On to the World Series, now we are down to 2 and I justdontno. Bad thing is I have to figure out who to cheer for. Both are compelling arguments, W Sox first championship since 1917, coming from no where before the season started to win it all. Or Astros winning it all for the first time with Bags and Biggio with the help from Roger and Pettitte (and of course Oswalt).

And the series should be close as well, may all be 1-0 games. Right now I'm leaning toward the stros because of NL, but just can't bring myself at this point to root against either team.

Be like me, just don't watch it. The only good thing about being out is that I now have three hours a day of my life back.

I guess I am for Houston because I know Burke's wife and he and Garner are UT alums. Plus, I've like Biggio. And all the Cubs fans are jumping on the White Sox bandwagon. And the Stros are NL. And if they win maybe Clemens retires so we don't have to hear about him 24/7, which is reason enough. Heck, I guess I just came up with several reasons to be for Houston. But they are all neutralized because I hate their $*)!@#*(@#*)!@!$&(@*)$*!(@ field.

Games 3 and 4 are what killed us. They were there for the taking and we just didn't do it. Oh well. At least on the bright side, hopefully last night was the last time I will ever see Jason Marquis in a Cardinals uniform.

I'm sorry but LaRussa is stupid for not playing the J-Rod kid over Walker.......I don't expect to see Larry Walker playing next year........I'll also say I hope the Astros win the World Series because they are more deserving of it than the White Sox.......... :thumb:

Walker announced his retirement after the game last night.

And no, as good as J-rod is at the plate, he is a VERY weak fielder. I wouldn't have minded Taguchi though.