If the Angels can get past the White Sox, Colon could possibly be ready to pitch in the World Series, but I dont see the Angels beating the SOX!

Angels pull a miracle and win game one. I expect a loss for them tonight, but the hard part of winning in chicago has been done. They may be able to pull out a sweep in LA and cause an upset.

Carpenter vs. Petite tonight. Both are solid pitchers that could, and probably will see eight innings, or at least seven. This is going to be the series to watch.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angels pull a miracle and win game one. I expect a loss for them tonight, but the hard part of winning in chicago has been done. They may be able to pull out a sweep in LA and cause an upset.

Carpenter vs. Petite tonight. Both are solid pitchers that could, and probably will see eight innings, or at least seven. This is going to be the series to watch.

Three down, 8 to go. Cardinals finally play again and this time not at noon or midnight. Going to be a tough series, game 1 will be huge for winner making game 2 a near must win for the loser. Don't think either team comes back from 0-2 this series.

White Sox got to get going, last night they did not look like a team with 99 wins this season, made too many mistakes.

Unbelievable ending in Chicago. Ball looks like it was obviously caught clean, But whether it was caught or not, the umpire does appear to clearly call him out.

The catcher should have made sure. When you have 2 Molina's why was Paul catching anyway?

And give the Sox credit for taking advantage. There were still 2 outs and a runner at first--They stole a base, then got a big hit to win a game they had to win.

Except for the 2 run homer given up to Burke and a fielding snafu in the ninth that cost a run, the Cardinals played a great game. Pitched well , defensed well, hit HR, got a couple of big hits with runners in scoring position and squeezed a run home. In Cardinals 4 playoff games they have taken 8-0, 6-0, 7-0 and 5-0 leads and hung on to win. Need to follow up with a win tonight, were swept in Houston last year. 4 down, 7 to go.

Unbelievable ending in Chicago. Ball looks like it was obviously caught clean, But whether it was caught or not, the umpire does appear to clearly call him out.

The catcher should have made sure. When you have 2 Molina's why was Paul catching anyway?

And give the Sox credit for taking advantage. There were still 2 outs and a runner at first--They stole a base, then got a big hit to win a game they had to win.

Except for the 2 run homer given up to Burke and a fielding snafu in the ninth that cost a run, the Cardinals played a great game. Pitched well , defensed well, hit HR, got a couple of big hits with runners in scoring position and squeezed a run home. In Cardinals 4 playoff games they have taken 8-0, 6-0, 7-0 and 5-0 leads and hung on to win. Need to follow up with a win tonight, were swept in Houston last year. 4 down, 7 to go.

Ump botched it. No fault on the catcher. As I hear on the radio, there was catcher at bat, cathcing, managing the Angels, and in the TV booth, and all were confused.

Ump botched it. No fault on the catcher. As I hear on the radio, there was catcher at bat, cathcing, managing the Angels, and in the TV booth, and all were confused.

Ump definitely botched it and is to blame. But catcher has to look at ump, hold the ball up and get the call on a ball that close to ground. Just like an outfielder making diving catch. It is definitely the umpires fault, esp with the out call, but the catcher could have prevented it all by being sure. But watch the replay, the reason the runner took off is he looked at umpire and he was standing there looking at catcher.

The biggest problem umpire has is he made an out call. Do not know if he said anything, but if I remember correctly he raised right arm twice, once you could say was strike call, but why repeat the strike call. If not for out call, it would purely be a did he trap it argument. Then it's just a blown call and umpire can argue "change of direction" theory.

Oswalt and Lidge dominated Cards. This is why the Stros are so scary. Got to win at least 1 in Houston. Hope Reg is OK. Mulder pitched well, but Oswalt was better. Don't have a good feeling about the Morris/Clemens matchup. Guess we'll see saturday.

Both series tied 1-1, both could go 7.

Reg is 50/50 for Sat.

I'm scared to death of Saturday's matchup. Maybe we can get the pre All-star break/old Matty Mo on the mound. To be completely honest, I'd much rather Suppan throw this game because he thrives in these pressure situations. I'm just scared he may have pressure to the exetreme in Game 4.

Reg is 50/50 for Sat.

I'm scared to death of Saturday's matchup. Maybe we can get the pre All-star break/old Matty Mo on the mound. To be completely honest, I'd much rather Suppan throw this game because he thrives in these pressure situations. I'm just scared he may have pressure to the exetreme in Game 4.

As the late, great Jack Buck used to say "He's day to day, but then again, aren't we all".

My thinking all along was Cardinals plight was in the hands of 3rd and 4th starters, figured Carp and Mulder would pitch well, but Morris, Suppan and Marquis are up and down, may throw a shutout or give up 10. But I agree I personally have more confidence in Suppan than Morris at this point. Would like to win 2 of 3 in Houston, don't really want to go back home down 3-2 again.