I hope the braves DO win tonight, and continue to win the series. As a Cards fan, I don't want to play the Astros. I think we will fair better against the Braves.

Is the game really not sold out?!?!? My gosh, what happened to baseball in Atlanta? The Cubs even sold out their last few games, and they stink!!! :lol:

I don't have official numbers, but it looked pretty packed last night.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol dude...look at you trying to svck up to the "BFL". you can cut the being humble act, we all know what you really wanna say is dang, i cant believe Roger Clemens didnt throw a nono against those sorry Braves!

First, I have never and never would "stink up" or "svck up" to anybody,a nd I sure the heck ain't humble. Just stating facts as always. If you will notice, I said all along I thought Smoltz would get the job done if the Braves could get him 2 or 3, they got him 7. And also I have never (contrary to popular opinion) said anything bad about the Braves and certainly have never said they were the sorry Braves. And I have always liked Smoltz. Favorite Braves of all time are Hank, Murph and Smoltz. So I ain't sucking up, just, as always, stating fact and offering opinion.

If Clemens had thrown a nono, I would have praised Clemens. If Smoltz or Clemens shut out Cardinals in game 7 of NLCS, I will give them their kudos.

Great job by Smoltz, this is a fact and it is undisputable. If you or someone from BFL said this game proved Smoltz was a better pitcher than Clemens (career wise), then I would have to offer my opinion otherwise and tell them that was more BFL. But that would not diminish Smoltz great carreer. I am a Cardinal fan , but also a baseball fan. If someone steps up big today in either AL game, I will say great job.

I also liked the story I heard this morning about McCann growing up in Athens and one of his most prized possessions as a kid was a picture he had taken when he was 7 with Smoltz. Now he's catching him in playoffs and hitting 3 run HR to help him win the game. Just a great story no matter who you are a fan of.

The only bias in my comments is that I like Smoltz. I don't dislike Hudson, but if it had been Hudson, I would have said good job and moved on.

Just the facts, man.

Edited by jusdontno

Well men, these playoffs are fixing to get very interesting! The Cards have looked better than any team in the playoffs by far, but there are playing the Padres! It will be a tough task for the Braves or the Stros either one to get past the Cards, but it can be done! Boston is back at there post being in a huge whole in the playoffs! And the Yanks-Angels series looks like it will take 5 games to decide!

Well men, these playoffs are fixing to get very interesting! The Cards have looked better than any team in the playoffs by far, but there are playing the Padres! It will be a tough task for the Braves or the Stros either one to get past the Cards, but it can be done! Boston is back at there post being in a huge whole in the playoffs! And the Yanks-Angels series looks like it will take 5 games to decide!

Great time of year. Padres are only team going into playoffs I didn't feel had a realistic shot of winning the whole thing. And that's basically still true, although the BoSox are hanging by a thread. Assuming the Cards get past Pads as expected, the next round against Houston or Atlanta should be a good one. Same with AL matchup whoever makes ALCS.

Baseball playoffs and UT/UGA tommorrow, should be a fun day.

There comes a time in a man's life when a TV, remote control, Couch and Fridge is all he needs to make him happy (and maybe a computer), and I'm just about there :huh:

lol i was just playing with ya justdontno...i know you wouldnt ever svck up to the BFL.

man i almost forgot about something, we gotta check up on the Braves bullpen since its postseason time...i know you remember all our heated arguments about that dont you? i said they were good enough that they wont prevent them from winning and so far so good. last night Reitsma and Farnsworth combined for 2 innings, 1 hit, 0 runs, and 1 K. the first game they got hit pretty hard but it didnt matter cause Hudson lost that game for them. so far so good for my prediction, i will be sure to keep you updated on it.

on another note, im changing my mind about the Redsox. i think they have a chance now. i thought the chemistry would be a problem but they seem to be back to where they were last year, i thought for sure Graffanino would get booed out of the stadium but he actually got the loudest ovation when the lineups were announced, thats a good sign that the Redsox nation isnt giving up yet. we've still got our backs against the wall but i'll give them a small chance now, maybe 90-10 in favor of the Whitesox instead of 99-1.

lol i was just playing with ya justdontno...i know you wouldnt ever svck up to the BFL.

man i almost forgot about something, we gotta check up on the Braves bullpen since its postseason time...i know you remember all our heated arguments about that dont you? i said they were good enough that they wont prevent them from winning and so far so good. last night Reitsma and Farnsworth combined for 2 innings, 1 hit, 0 runs, and 1 K. the first game they got hit pretty hard but it didnt matter cause Hudson lost that game for them. so far so good for my prediction, i will be sure to keep you updated on it.

on another note, im changing my mind about the Redsox. i think they have a chance now. i thought the chemistry would be a problem but they seem to be back to where they were last year, i thought for sure Graffanino would get booed out of the stadium but he actually got the loudest ovation when the lineups were announced, thats a good sign that the Redsox nation isnt giving up yet. we've still got our backs against the wall but i'll give them a small chance now, maybe 90-10 in favor of the Whitesox instead of 99-1.

I believe my argument was if they won it would be in spite of their bullpen, not because of it. And you were more of they had a good bullpen with 3 guys capable of closing. Something to that effect.

Braves pen protected a 7-1 lead, not really a factor in that game. Braves pen gave up 5 in game 1, not much of a factor, but they were only down 2 and in the game when pen took over. So, IMO, 1 game no factor, 1 game slight negative factor, really has been irrelevant so far. But I'm sure Braves/Astros will have close games before this one is over. I'm a little worried about Cards pen with loss of Reyes on final day of season and King's sudden ineffectiveness. Not that worried about Izzy, not dominant but usually gets the job done. Tavarez or someone has to step up in the middle.

I'm holding out hope for Red Sox (and I'm not svcking up), but they trail 2-0 in games and 2-0 today, got the White Sox just about where they want them.

:lol:

Edited by jusdontno

I believe my argument was if they won it would be in spite of their bullpen, not because of it. And you were more of they had a good bullpen with 3 guys capable of closing. Something to that effect.

Braves pen protected a 7-1 lead, not really a factor in that game. Braves pen gave up 5 in game 1, not much of a factor, but they were only down 2 and in the game when pen took over. So, IMO, 1 game no factor, 1 game slight negative factor, really has been irrelevant so far. But I'm sure Braves/Astros will have close games before this one is over. I'm a little worried about Cards pen with loss of Reyes on final day of season and King's sudden ineffectiveness. Not that worried about Izzy, not dominant but usually gets the job done. Tavarez or someone has to step up in the middle.

I'm holding out hope for Red Sox (and I'm not svcking up), but they trail 2-0 in games and 2-0 today, got the White Sox just about where they want them.

:lol:

haha i really think red sox are done for...dont see another comeback like last year...kinda rooting for white sox like energy coach brings

The Red Sox didnt even look like a team that wanted to be in the playoffs, the whole series they just went through the motions and lost! They showed no desire and no emotion the whole series and now they are headed home for winter!

exactly....thats what i was trying to say with the chemistry thing. there was just something missing in this years team. last year everytime you seen the dugout everybody would be messing around and laughing and stuff...this year it was like they hated each other and just didnt give a crap. i knew it wasnt a good thing when they let Pedro go back in the summer, not only is he one of the best pitchers in baseball but he was also one of the main guys that set the mood in the clubhouse, you never seen Pedro when he wasnt smiling or joking about something...well, except when he faced the Yankees ;) . oh well, atleast we didnt lose to the Yankees again, i can live with the Whitesox beating us but when its the Yankees i just wanna rip my eye balls out. now little Theo just needs to buy us a real pitcher this offseason.

justdontno, you need to check that topic again Mr. Sarcasm. i thought we were finally clear on what i was saying...i didnt say that they had 3 good closers, i said that their bullpen wouldnt prevent them from winning in the playoffs and that if they did blow some games for them i would admit that i was wrong, and so far they have been a nonfactor. yes they got stroked in the first game but it was already over, its hard to get 5 runs off of the Astros pitching and thats what Hudson gave up.

anyway, i guess im gonna join the BFL for the rest of the season since my Redsox got put out. my entire family likes the Braves anyway so i'll just play along for the next few weeks.

exactly....thats what i was trying to say with the chemistry thing. there was just something missing in this years team. last year everytime you seen the dugout everybody would be messing around and laughing and stuff...this year it was like they hated each other and just didnt give a crap. i knew it wasnt a good thing when they let Pedro go back in the summer, not only is he one of the best pitchers in baseball but he was also one of the main guys that set the mood in the clubhouse, you never seen Pedro when he wasnt smiling or joking about something...well, except when he faced the Yankees :) . oh well, atleast we didnt lose to the Yankees again, i can live with the Whitesox beating us but when its the Yankees i just wanna rip my eye balls out. now little Theo just needs to buy us a real pitcher this offseason.

justdontno, you need to check that topic again Mr. Sarcasm. i thought we were finally clear on what i was saying...i didnt say that they had 3 good closers, i said that their bullpen wouldnt prevent them from winning in the playoffs and that if they did blow some games for them i would admit that i was wrong, and so far they have been a nonfactor. yes they got stroked in the first game but it was already over, its hard to get 5 runs off of the Astros pitching and thats what Hudson gave up.

anyway, i guess im gonna join the BFL for the rest of the season since my Redsox got put out. my entire family likes the Braves anyway so i'll just play along for the next few weeks.

Not that it makes a hill of beans difference, but I checked the post and you had said the "Braves have a solid bullpen with 3 capable closers", and I disagreed, that's what started the whole discussion.

Don't worry about the Bosox, I know they haven't won a world series since 2005, but hang in there, maybe sone day. Angels and Yanks need to go down, they've had recent WS titles, let the longsuffering it's been 23 years since we won a WS Cardinal fans win 1. Don'y worry about the Braves, it's only been 10 years. Of course, there's always the W Sox and Astros.

I kind of like the WS story, if I didn't have a dog in the hunt, I could adopt them for the short term. I guess in order of preference, my Ws winner would be Cardinals, W Sox, Braves, Astros, Angels and anybody but the Yankees.

Missed last night games went to Friday night football, Unit must have got hammered, did see the irony in Renteria making last B Sox out, he made last out for Cardinals last year in WS.

Which series is better? Braves/Astros or Yanks/Angels? Hard to say, both series have been fun to watch but after last night there seems to be more drama in the Yanks/Angels series?

My order of preference is Braves, White Sox, Cards(as long as it dont get thrown in my face on here the rest of the year), Padres, Astros, Angels, and anyone who can prevent the Yanks! :)