Cards, W Sox and & Yanks take first step.

That's what is great about post season. Every game means so much and can change a series. There is a big difference in 1-1 and 0-2 so game 2 is huge for Pads, R Sox and Angels (maybe not the R Sox, they like being near elimination) :D

On Radio this morning point was made if Yanks continue to pitch like they did last night, they will win it all. Then someone else pointed out If W Sox hit like they did yesterday, they will win it all. Neither is likely to happen , but strong opening statements from Yanks, W Sox and Cards.

DISCLAIMER: This is not a slight to Braves and BFL, the Braves have not played yet so can offer no discussion on their playoff performance. And there really are other teams besides the Braves.

always have to say something negative about the braves or your lil braves fantasy land...but rest of the post was good

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chipper's gone deep to tie the game. Astros are the sexy pick to win it all, and they will be formidable to anyone they face. But if you pitch well and throw in a few longballs, they can be taken. Chipper needs to step up big (that HR's a good start) and if Smoltz is healthy and can get 2 starts (never bet against Smoltz in big game), Braves have good shot.

Angels face a must win--I know Yanks dropped 4 straight last year, but going to New York to face the Unit down 0-2, gotta think it's over.

BoSox also need W, would not be in a desparate situation as Angels down 0-2, but don't think they want to have to climb the mountain again this year. And they won't come back from 0-3 in a best of 5, that i can guarantee you.

Padres must win tommorrow, an already heavy underdog becomes much more of a longshot down 0-2.

These best of 5 are dangerous.

I'm beginning to think that the Braves should do the same thing! They can't never beat Houston and probably never will.....It's gonna be another Central Matchup in the NLCS..........

sounds like a great idea...they have played 1 game outta 5 and loss so yeah lets just quit already..we played the whole season to get here and we lose one game so we should just quit...man you are just a genius... :lol:

are you a braves fan? and i believe they still have a chance...with smoltz on the mound anyone has a chance...and yes i know we are facing clemens but who says we cant score on him?

Yeah I'm a Braves fan and I can't stand the Astros.........I just hate how we always get to the postseason and fold........I hope they can give smoltz some run support.....

Yeah I'm a Braves fan and I can't stand the Astros.........I just hate how we always get to the postseason and fold........I hope they can give smoltz some run support.....

But hey, you've done it 14 straight times! Ok, ok, ok, you have made a little run in some of them and even won one, just not much since 99. :rolleyes:

By the way, let me interject how pathetic it is that tonight's matchup (assuming Tammy doesn't postpone it) features Roger Clemens vs. John Smoltz and the game is NOT SOLD OUT!!!!! Forget the fact this is a playoff game and you are down 0-1 and need every edge you can have tonight, if this was a regular season game it should be sold out based on the pitching matchup alone.

Heck, I hate both teams and I've even considered driving down for it, and the Braves' fans can't even sell it out? That's pathetic.

well show some faith and stop sounding like a bandwagon fan...

but if i could drive down there i would be there in a heart beat..but unfornately i cant...