Which series is better? Braves/Astros or Yanks/Angels? Hard to say, both series have been fun to watch but after last night there seems to be more drama in the Yanks/Angels series?

My order of preference is Braves, White Sox, Cards(as long as it dont get thrown in my face on here the rest of the year), Padres, Astros, Angels, and anyone who can prevent the Yanks! :justwrestle:

Flip the Braves and Cards and that's not a bad list :lol:

I forgot about Padres in my list, guess they would be last cause if they win it all it means they come back from 0-2 vs Cards.

And no matter who wins WS, I will say they were the best team this year, I'm more likely to throw it in your face after MVP is announed :D

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i was just playing with ya justdontno...i know you wouldnt ever svck up to the BFL.

man i almost forgot about something, we gotta check up on the Braves bullpen since its postseason time...i know you remember all our heated arguments about that dont you? i said they were good enough that they wont prevent them from winning and so far so good. last night Reitsma and Farnsworth combined for 2 innings, 1 hit, 0 runs, and 1 K. the first game they got hit pretty hard but it didnt matter cause Hudson lost that game for them. so far so good for my prediction, i will be sure to keep you updated on it.

on another note, im changing my mind about the Redsox. i think they have a chance now. i thought the chemistry would be a problem but they seem to be back to where they were last year, i thought for sure Graffanino would get booed out of the stadium but he actually got the loudest ovation when the lineups were announced, thats a good sign that the Redsox nation isnt giving up yet. we've still got our backs against the wall but i'll give them a small chance now, maybe 90-10 in favor of the Whitesox instead of 99-1.

Did you check that Braves bullpen tonight? 4 runs in 2 innings and Braves lose by 4. Game 1, Pen gave up 5 and lost by 5. Make your own judgement, but it looks like to me this overrides the 2 scoreless in game 2 protecting a 6 run lead and it looks like pen is failing and if Braves win series they will win it in spite of their bullpen. I take no particular delight in Braves pen failing other than me being right.

Note this is not a Braves jab, just addressing an old discussion with B-town.

Hope Braves win tommorrow and send it to 5. Actually hoping Braves wins series, but especially want it to go 5--could benefit Cardinals in next series matchup--they are currently 6 outs from round 2. :huh:

Possible MVP............14 straight division titles....................and another early exit from the playoffs. Take solice that Burke is former UT player!

But hey, you get an early start to get excited and talk about that "15th straight division title!" :)

(Oh yeah, we tried to tell you that you couldn't count on Farnsworth.)

That bullpen let the Braves down again! If the Braves had a decent bullpen, they would have taken this series 3-1, but it just didnt work out that way! The Cards can also go ahead and thank the Braves for punching there ticket to the WS, because the stros used every player they had available with the exception of Pettite and Oswalt and you could clearly see that the stros were spent and it will take a few days to recover from that kind of game! This was a great game and I wish the Braves could have pulled it out, but if they had to lose, I am gald it was Burke that hit it! The Braves and there fans have nothing to hang there heads about, because no one even expected them to be there in the first place and for years people have said "well the Braves cant win the division this year because they are to young, or they dont have the offense, or they dont have the pitching, or there core guys are getting old", but they keep doing it! I wish they could have won the series, but really no one expect the Braves to even make the playoffs and with the exception of 2 innings, they would be headed to the NLCS! So hey maybe they can get 15 next season and grab that WS trophy? :)

Good effort by the Braves, if B-town says Braves pen was solid in this series I will order him a hall of fame plaque for the BFL :) I mention this because I took a lot of heat from B-town and some Braves fans when I said the Braves would have to overcome their pen to win, which I thought was obvious to everyone.

I wouldn't punch that Redbird ticket yet, Astros series will be tight just like last year. After Rocket came in I was hoping he would go about 5, Braves win, Pettite and Smoltz tommorrow night and the winner wednesday at Busch. But now Pettitte will be ready for game 1, probably either Rocket or Oswalt for game 2, going to be tough.

Yankees/Angels game 4 about to start. Common sense tells me Angels will win, but I never count the Yankees out until they are out.

nawh they svcked today i'll admit that. i'll still take that hall of fame plaque if you wanna buy me one :)

their bullpen wasnt this bad in the regular season though, they werent good but they were just flatout awful in this series with the Astros. i thought they would step there game up a notch for the playoffs but instead they took a step back. see...this is what the Braves and Redsox get for bringing in ex-Cub pitchers, Clement and Fransworth brought the dang curse with them.

they might have blown the lead but they still gave their offense 9 or 10 innings to score just 1 run and they couldnt do it so its not entirely their fault. they had plenty of opportunities to make up for the Kyle Farsworth meltdown.

Edited by btowntigers

Yanks/Angels game 5. Colon vs Mussina-oince again common sense says Angels, but these are the Yankees.

Did anyone notice after Astros/Braves game ended, Fox reporter following Clemens around trying to catch him for an interview, when she caught him he pulled Burke in with him, then answered a question and told her to talk to Burke and left. I thought that was cool, almost like Roger was saying I've had plenty of glory days, let the kid have this one.

Good effort by the Braves, if B-town says Braves pen was solid in this series I will order him a hall of fame plaque for the BFL :thumb: I mention this because I took a lot of heat from B-town and some Braves fans when I said the Braves would have to overcome their pen to win, which I thought was obvious to everyone.

I wouldn't punch that Redbird ticket yet, Astros series will be tight just like last year. After Rocket came in I was hoping he would go about 5, Braves win, Pettite and Smoltz tommorrow night and the winner wednesday at Busch. But now Pettitte will be ready for game 1, probably either Rocket or Oswalt for game 2, going to be tough.

Yankees/Angels game 4 about to start. Common sense tells me Angels will win, but I never count the Yankees out until they are out.

LOL! I would like one of those BFL plaques also? The pen was really horrid and I feel like with a pen the Braves would have taken care of the Stros and had a great series with the Cards!

I know the Stros will be tough no matter what, but the Braves just made it alot easier on the Cards, wearing out the Stros BP and weakining the starting lineup! Well I am a true southener and I support the teams closest to me and I may get it thrown in my face, but I hoipe to see a Cards-White Sox world series go 7 games and 20 innings in game 7! Good Luck to All the teams!

Edited by gotmilk?

LOL! I would like one of those BFL plaques also? The pen was really horrid and I feel like with a pen the Braves would have taken care of the Stros and had a great series with the Cards!

I know the Stros will be tough no matter what, but the Braves just made it alot easier on the Cards, wearing out the Stros BP and weakining the starting lineup! Well I am a true southener and I support the teams closest to me and I may get it thrown in my face, but I hoipe to see a Cards-White Sox world series go 7 games and 20 innings in game 7! Good Luck to All the teams!

By the time Houston will play again, they won't be tired at all -- they get Monday and Tuesday completely off -- the only people to be adversely affected by then would be Backe and MAYBE Clemens.

I just noticed something that Harold Reynolds pointed out on Sportscenter, in the 8th inning with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd, a houston player hit a ground ball to 3rd where Chipper picked it up tagged third for an out then threw to first where the runner was called safe, but should have been called out for the second out, then Biggio walked and Scott flied out which should have been the third out with the score 6-1 instead of giving Berkman the chance to bat with bases loaded! Oh well, you get some of the calls, and somego against you, what can you do? Just thought that threw an interesting twist in! :thumb:

I just noticed something that Harold Reynolds pointed out on Sportscenter, in the 8th inning with no outs and runners on 1st and 2nd, a houston player hit a ground ball to 3rd where Chipper picked it up tagged third for an out then threw to first where the runner was called safe, but should have been called out for the second out, then Biggio walked and Scott flied out which should have been the third out with the score 6-1 instead of giving Berkman the chance to bat with bases loaded! Oh well, you get some of the calls, and somego against you, what can you do? Just thought that threw an interesting twist in! ;)

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas. :thumb: