Toughest D in 2A

rednecktiger

Actually, Huntingdon beat Camden rather soundly as did Westview. I hate to burst everyone's bubble here. But, I've seen Camden play, and I don't think they would even make the playoffs in 7-2A. However, I believe they were without some key players then, but, nonetheless, they'd at best be the fourth seed in 7-2A.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey bud i believe we have some of tha toughest d around....camden has tha best, waverly has had a pretty good d as well jus if their offense could score some....riverside and richland both have really good d, and lewis co also has a good d...... also camden has a pretty good offense, but they wouldnt be scorin as high as they would be w/o tha boyds, i believe they beat huntingdon by a good score as well in tha 2nd week......i beleive that if huntingdon would play camden here in tha last couple weeks that camden would score over 40 on them as well

Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. UNTIL I heard this blasphemy of how Camden would beat Huntingdon. Now my feathers are ruffled. :thumb:

7-2A has 6-2A on lock as far as im concerned. I smell a cakewalk in the 4th round for somebody out of 7-2A.:thumb:

Camden wouldn't put 40 on Milan, Huntingdon, or Westview. P.S. I want to send a mad KYS to rednecktiger.

Edited by westtn2004state

Sticks and Stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me. UNTIL I heard this blasphemy of how Camden would beat Huntingdon. Now my feathers are ruffled. :thumb:

7-2A has 6-2A on lock as far as im concerned. I smell a cakewalk in the 4th round for somebody out of 7-2A.:P

Camden wouldn't put 40 on Milan, Huntingdon, or Westview. P.S. I want to send a mad KYS to rednecktiger.

Well Westtn, We finally agree on something.

Actually, Huntingdon beat Camden rather soundly as did Westview. I hate to burst everyone's bubble here. But, I've seen Camden play, and I don't think they would even make the playoffs in 7-2A. However, I believe they were without some key players then, but, nonetheless, they'd at best be the fourth seed in 7-2A.

I think our boys would be at least 7th in region 7-2A, if it was the only region in the state. Blow your own horns, 7 2a, we were in the mix last year and will be this year too.

Edited by @38320

Region 6-2a shakes out like this:

Lewis Co record 5-2 (5-0 region)

region pts scored 178 avg. 35.6

region pts allow 58 avg. 11.6

overall pts scored 203 avg. 29

overall pts allow 98 avg. 14

strength of schedule54th

Camden record 4-2 (4-0 region)

region pts scored 188 avg. 47

region pts allow 51 avg. 12.75

overall pts scored 206 avg. 34.3

overall pts allowed 106 avg. 17.66

strength of schedule 42nd

Riverside record 4-2 (3-1 region)

region pts scored 177 avg.35.4

region pts allow 91 avg. 18.2

overall pts scored 190 avg. 31.6

overall pts allow 122 avg. 20.3

strength of schedule 47th

Waverly record 3-3 (2-2 region)

region pts scored 78 avg. 19.5

region pts allow 103 avg. 25.75

overall pts scored 105 avg. 17.5

overall pts allow 118 avg. 17.16

strength of schedule 50th

At this point in the season Lewis co's defense is leading the pack with Camden close behind and Riverside and Waverly rounding out the top 4. Camden's offense is by far and away leading the pack with Lewis co Riverside and Richland rounding out the list. But strength of schedule could change the overall outlook.

Being that 6-2A will have to play 5-2A in the 1st round, we will see just how good your defenses are! Here is how 5-2A rounds out. I will list 5 team being that 5 teams still have a chance!

Goodpasture - 5-3, (4-1)

Region pts. Scored - 194 - avg - 38.8

Region pts. Allowed - 110 - avg - 22

Total Pts Scored - 295 - avg - 36.9

Total Pts Allowed - 196 - avg - 24.5

Strength of Schedule - 4th

CPA - 6-2, (4-1)

Region pts Scored - 174 - avg - 34.8

Region pts. allowed - 90 - avg - 18

Total Pts Scored - 215 - avg - 26.9

Total pts allowed - 150 - avg. - 18.8

Strength of Schedule - 17th

East Robertson - 6-2, (4-1)

Region pts Scored - 208 - avg - 41.6

Region pts allowed - 155 - avg - 31

Total pts scored - 320 - avg - 40

Total pts allowed - 218 - avg - 27.3

Strength of Schedule - 10th

Ezell Harding - 6-2, (3-2)

Region pts. scored - 165 - avg - 33

Region pts allowed - 125 - avg - 25

Total pts scored - 238 - avg - 29.8

Total pts allowed - 163 - avg - 20.4

Strength of Schedule - 6th

Donelson Christian Academy (DCA) - 6-2, (3-2)

Region pts scored - 118 - avg - 23.6

Region pts allowed - 85 - avg - 17

Total pts scored - 200 - avg - 25

Total pts allowed - 139 - avg - 17.4

Strength of Schedule - 8th

Don't be surprised region 6-2A if noone from your region makes it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. I don't think that 6-2a can compare to 5-2A or 7-2A!

Edited by dave61502

hey bud i believe we have some of tha toughest d around....camden has tha best, waverly has had a pretty good d as well jus if their offense could score some....riverside and richland both have really good d, and lewis co also has a good d...... also camden has a pretty good offense, but they wouldnt be scorin as high as they would be w/o tha boyds, i believe they beat huntingdon by a good score as well in tha 2nd week......i beleive that if huntingdon would play camden here in tha last couple weeks that camden would score over 40 on them as well

Some people know very little about football. I guess most of them are rednecks :thumb: Camden would be lucky to make the playoffs in region 7AA. They are already 0-2 against region 7AA and Im sure Milan would thump them too! Waverly and the rest of that bunch you mentioned would not stand a chance!

I think our boys would be at least 7th in region 7-2A, if it was the only region in the state. Blow your own horns, 7 2a, we were in the mix last year and will be this year too.

That was before Westview and Milan. I personally think that 6AA is weak Camden is the best team.

Camden has to get past the 5-2A teams first. If the fourth seed is CPA or DCA, which it's looking like it'll probably be DCA, that team would be my pick to beat Camden.

How do you figure DCA will be in and CPA out? DCA has to get past Ezell AND East Robertson; tough assignment. DCA has 2 losses in the region to CPA's 1 loss. CPA beat DCA head to head. CPA has their hands full with East Robertson and Goodpasture, but I'm thinking DCA will be through a week from Friday. It's a wait-and-see game.

You my dear Sir or Mam whichever the case may be, have obviously had way to much to drink. You can't honestly believe that Camcen can score 40 on Huntingdon right now. I will give you some much needed advise, do some homework and look at who Huntingdon has been limiting to little or no offense the last 7or 8 weeks. You will find teams such as McKenzie, Milan, CAMDEN, Dresden and Gibson County. Now go compare what these schools have been doing to others outside 7AA. I have no discontent towards Camden and I wish them the very best throughout the playoffs but all roads lead back to 7AA if you want to play for a Gold Ball and everyone from Middle Tn to Memphis knows it!! :o

You my dear Sir or Mam whichever the case may be, have obviously had way to much to drink. You can't honestly believe that Camcen can score 40 on Huntingdon right now. I will give you some much needed advise, do some homework and look at who Huntingdon has been limiting to little or no offense the last 7or 8 weeks. You will find teams such as McKenzie, Milan, CAMDEN, Dresden and Gibson County. Now go compare what these schools have been doing to others outside 7AA. I have no discontent towards Camden and I wish them the very best throughout the playoffs but all roads lead back to 7AA if you want to play for a Gold Ball and everyone from Middle Tn to Memphis knows it!! :P

:P

You my dear Sir or Mam whichever the case may be, have obviously had way to much to drink. You can't honestly believe that Camcen can score 40 on Huntingdon right now. I will give you some much needed advise, do some homework and look at who Huntingdon has been limiting to little or no offense the last 7or 8 weeks. You will find teams such as McKenzie, Milan, CAMDEN, Dresden and Gibson County. Now go compare what these schools have been doing to others outside 7AA. I have no discontent towards Camden and I wish them the very best throughout the playoffs but all roads lead back to 7AA if you want to play for a Gold Ball and everyone from Middle Tn to Memphis knows it!! :P

Ok now everyone get your knickers out of a twist...this poster is a Waverly fan who is supporting a fellow region mate( Camden) and granted his accuracy could be questioned but his heart is in the right place...kinda the same thing as all the Milan posters on here defending Huntingdon... :D

Ladies and Gentleman there is alot of football left to play before the possiblity of any of these teams meeting in the post-season so I can't really figure out what the argument truly is.....You Huntingdon people are entirely too sensitive. You have to make it alive out of region 7/8 and we have to make it out of 5/6. We have a much harder road to travel to get to the semi's than anyone in 7aa so believe me when I say Huntingdon, Milan Westview etc....are the LAST games on the Lion's minds right now. I know its hard for you to grasp but honestly Huntingdon and the results of this year's game, last year's games or any other year's games are pretty much meaningless to Camden right now. So you can go back and fight amongst yourselves and we'll see what the cards hold for either of us at a later date :P

Good Luck to all the teams in 7aa for the rest of the season...and lets bring the gold ball back to West TN.