Riverside @ Lewis Co.

swampthang

Sounds like you may be a little jealous that Riverside is getting most of the attention on here. I wouldn't count on many INT's I know these coaches will have this team ready. By the way we focus on one game at a time, we don't play Camden until the Oct. 21, we will start preparing for that game in 2 weeks, Right now we will play Lewis Co. for at least 2nd place this week! :thumb:

We can talk on here all week about who will win or lose. The truth is friday night there will be two highschool football teams on the field at the same time. They will put their best 11 players on the field at the same time and play football. What we say on here does not matter. The best team on the 14th of October will win.

Good luck to both teams.

TWO OF THE BEST POST I EVER READ.

MAKE YOUR BETS HERE.VEGAS

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious...How many of you prognosticators have actually seen both Lewis County and Riverside play in person? We have people here from Camden making predictions, and Camden hasn't played either team yet. The Riverside posters have pretty much surrendered to the belief that they are going to get eviscerated by Camden in a couple of weeks, and the Lewis County game is their only hope of ever seeing the second round of the playoffs.

What are you guys basing your predictions on?

History? Neither Camden nor Riverside have turned the Tennessee high school football world on its ear with their dazzling record of consistantly winning in the post season.

Geograpical superiority? Over the past 10 years, Middle and East Tennesse have dominated West Tennessee in the Clinic Bowl in 1A through 5A.

Vegas? I know that the bookmakers are VERY interested in these games.

Just let the players play and let the coaches coach...then all of us Monday-morning-quarterbacks can come here after the games and disect the gameplans, make excuses, and blame the refs 'till our hearts' content.

If we're not going to get on here to talk about the game and predict, pronosticate, or whatever, then why do we even post on coacht? This is what the boards are for. Discussion. There hasn't been any fighting on this thread, and everyone seems to get along even with differing opinions. Yours may differ from mine, but we shall find out who was right on Friday night. So if you can't take the discussion, don't read this. If you have something to add, then add it, please give opinions. But just because you don't want to discuss it, don't ruin our fun.because this is why we do this. Fun.

Edited by rcombs

I am a nuetral fan on this one. since I'm from Adamsville.

I have had the privalage to see Riverside, Camden and Lewis Co.

play this year.

I would have to say Riverside is the most physical of the three.

they have some big hard hitting boys that dont back down.

so you know who i picked in The Big Ones Contest.

Your right Lexington is good, but saying Perry Co. is a good 1a team is a little overstatement. They are better than usual though. Lewis Co. played a lackluster Hickman Co. and a good Wayne Co. team. The nonregional schedule was a little easier because Lexington is really tough.

Wisdom you actually do not know what you are talking about, HICKMAN COUNTY IS NOT A LACKLUSTER TEAM... Matter of Fact they are 3-4 competing in 4A Football. They just got beat by perinnial power Hillsboro..They pretty much dominated Lewis Co in everyway but the score, they were by far and away a better team, they beat Stratford who was 11 and 1 last season... I bet your team could not compete against teams Hickman County plays in their region.... I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU ARE NOT GONIG TO RESEARCH YOU STATEMENTS BEFORE MAKING THEM YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT..... MAYBE YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL..... YOUR STATEMENTS LEAD ME TO WONDER ABOUT YOUR LACK OF INTELLEGENCE....

Wisdom you actually do not know what you are talking about, HICKMAN COUNTY IS NOT A LACKLUSTER TEAM... Matter of Fact they are 3-4 competing in 4A Football. They just got beat by perinnial power Hillsboro..They pretty much dominated Lewis Co in everyway but the score, they were by far and away a better team, they beat Stratford who was 11 and 1 last season... I bet your team could not compete against teams Hickman County plays in their region.... I BELIEVE THAT IF YOU ARE NOT GONIG TO RESEARCH YOU STATEMENTS BEFORE MAKING THEM YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT..... MAYBE YOU DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING AT ALL..... YOUR STATEMENTS LEAD ME TO WONDER ABOUT YOUR LACK OF INTELLEGENCE....

That might be going a little far....

If we're not going to get on here to talk about the game and predict, pronosticate, or whatever, then why do we even post on coacht? This is what the boards are for. Discussion. There hasn't been any fighting on this thread, and everyone seems to get along even with differing opinions. Yours may differ from mine, but we shall find out who was right on Friday night. So if you can't take the discussion, don't read this. If you have something to add, then add it, please give opinions. But just because you don't want to discuss it, don't ruin our fun.because this is why we do this. Fun.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

Pick out a part of my post that was inaccurate and we'll talk about it.

The jist of my post was to point out that most of the people making the predictions had seen neither team play...and to show that West Tennessee football was not as prolific at the championship level as certain pundits on this fine thread would like to believe.

I'm curious...How many of you prognosticators have actually seen both Lewis County and Riverside play in person? We have people here from Camden making predictions, and Camden hasn't played either team yet. The Riverside posters have pretty much surrendered to the belief that they are going to get eviscerated by Camden in a couple of weeks, and the Lewis County game is their only hope of ever seeing the second round of the playoffs.

What are you guys basing your predictions on?

History? Neither Camden nor Riverside have turned the Tennessee high school football world on its ear with their dazzling record of consistantly winning in the post season.

Geograpical superiority? Over the past 10 years, Middle and East Tennesse have dominated West Tennessee in the Clinic Bowl in 1A through 5A.

Vegas? I know that the bookmakers are VERY interested in these games.

Just let the players play and let the coaches coach...then all of us Monday-morning-quarterbacks can come here after the games and disect the gameplans, make excuses, and blame the refs 'till our hearts' content.

Being a Waverly fan, I have watched both of these teams play in the past two weeks. It should be a good football game. Overall, I feel that Riverside has the better team. Riverside has more options on offense and their hard hitting and swarming defense should keep Lewis County in check. However, Lewis County has the advantage of playing at home and look for them to either block a Riverside punt or obtain some excellent field position due to Riverside's poor punting game. In a low scoring game, this could be a big factor. Good luck to both of these fine football programs.

Riverside will go for it on every down.

(926) If you don't like whats being said on here you might not want to come to the game. It may get ugly.

I don't think you will have a nuff words to discribe it.

I really don't see this game geting ugly. These are both 2 really good teams. If you think that Riverside is just gonna come over here and destroy Lewis County your very wrong. I understand that Riverside is a very good team, but they are not that much better to be able to make this game "undescribable" as you say...

Edited by hunt4