Riverside @ Lewis Co.

swampthang

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep feeding the fire, we love reading about how we are a "lackluster" team. We also love the prediction about how you will never have to punt against the #1 rated DEFENSE in the region. Oh yes we love the challenge!

We plan to bring some pain in this one.

Lewis Co. also hasn't played against the 2 highest scoring offenses in the region.

There's a small bit to think about.

I'm just ready to see this game. It will definately be a battle.

Hey 926 lighten up a little. We all get on coach T to have some fun. You need to relax and enjoy life. When it is all said and done, I will be cheering for any 6 2A team that makes it to the playoffs regardless if it is a "West TN team" or a "Middle TN team". Now enjoy the rest of the week Bill Hall said that it is going to be nice!!! :P

I don't know about Hatton only getting 44 yards. Hatton is one of the top backs in this region. It will be tough to contain him that much.

I know that there is alot of talk on here about who is better and who will win.

In my opinion Riverside is a little better than Lewis County overall. Lewis Co. is better than Riverside at certain things. But I do believe these two teams match up very well. Maybe one mistake or a turnover will determine this outcome. Either team can come out with a win in this one.

Riverside wins... good luck to both teams though. :D

Good enough. And tell us...which is your team, Riverside or Lewis County? Camden, you say? Well, read post #1 again. The main question pondered is "Why are people who haven't seen either team play, making predictions?" The people who have seen and preferrably played both teams have more insight than people who haven't, wouldn't you say?

And remind us again who it was bragging about the West Tn boys playing a little tougher brand of football. Is all of West Tn in Region 6 2A, now? I ask that, being as how this [/b]is a discussion about Region 6 2A, isn't it?

The last team in 6 2A to win the title was....drumroll please....HUNTINGDON!!!! December 5, 2003.

Walked right into that one.

Do your homework.

Last time I checked, Huntingdon was in 7-2A. Thought you had me there didn't ya?

And 6-2A consists of Adamsville, Camden, Riverside, Lewis, Stewart, Houston, Waverly, Loretto, and Richland.

I never said former 6-2A team. But if you wanna play semantics, ok, I will too.

And by the way, Riverside beats Lewis Co. Friday night. Should be a good game, but you guys will be #3 and go on the road this year.

But what do I know, I never do my homework.

Have a nice day.

God Bless America

Edited by rcombs

How is #20 do you think that he will be ready for the game? I can't wait for the game. I think that it will be a hard fought game. I'm pumped and ready to go. By the way, are the game dogs any good? You Know you can't go to any sporting event without having a good hotdog!!!!! :thumb:

Underdog? Favorite?

Prep Performance Polls have Lewis County a 1 point favorite.

Sonny Moore has Riverside a 1 point favorite.

Ken Massey's complex computer poll has Lewis County as a 1 point pick.

The facts as I can present them concerning Lewis County.....and thoughts on other teams:

We have been very opportunistic, and that is putting it mildly. We have a plus 17 margin turnover ratio. The defense has 19 interceptions and 6 fumble recoveries for 25 takeaways. The offense has turned the ball over only 8 times all year. We do a fine job of hanging onto the ball and and even better job of taking it away. Clay Colley has 7 interceptions and that is playing the last 6 games with arm in cast. He has returned 4 of the 7 for touchdowns.

As for being a dominating defense, we are not. We are allowing 231 yards per game. Some of our stats are skewered by games with Houston and Stewart County where we tossed goose eggs on defense and completely shot them down. Against Riverside, our defense must stop the run first and that will be a task. If Riverside gets into a situation where they are forced to throw the ball, Lewis County has proven ball hawkish and dominating.

As for being the number one rated defense in the region, that is subjective. That is being based soley on scoring average and that really means nothing. I would suggest that you look at common opponents Waverly, Loretto and Richland.

Lewis County scored 98 and gave up 69.

Riverside scored 95 and gave up 81.

Against Richland and Loretto, Camden scored 85 and gave up 38.

The most compelling available evidence by crunching these numbers and by looking at overall results is that no one in Region 6-AA has shown to have a truly strong defense, much less a dominating one.

Lewis County's Offense:

As I have contended all season, those that think Lewis County is totally one dimensional are wrong. Loretto found out, as did others. Certainly Chris Hatton is the hoss, as are all fullbacks in the true wing-t. If your fullback isn't carrying the load in the wing-t, you had better go to the I and do it quickly. The wing-t is built for explosive fullbacks. Lewis County's greatest success over the past 15 years have been when we had big dominant fullbacks. Example, the Hankins era, the Sparkman era, Ellis Daily, etc... When the fullbacks were weak, our offense was weak.

Hatton has carried 153 times for 1148 yards, a 7.5 average. The three wingbacks who share the load, sophomores Ryan Greve and Nick King, and now Clay Colley after returning to offense have carried 108 times for 823 yards, a 7.6 average. The passing game has improved dramatically over the past four weeks after a slow, slow start. Quarterback Alex Edwards has been a steady performer who does not do things to hurt the team. He has thrown just one interception all year.

The Game:

Should be a really good one. These two teams have played some top notch, memorable games over the past several years and done so when they were in different regions. Best remembrance being during the Webster era at Riverside. Of course, an old codger like myself can still recall the 23-20 upset of Riverside back in 1973...ha ha Hey, I am a historian.

Here's what might happen? Usually, when you get two high powered offenses

together and everyone expects a 42-38 game, you wind up with a 14-13 encounter. Neither would surprise me! Lewis County has the advantage of playing at home. Both teams have momentum. Both teams have excellent offensive ability. Both teams have shown breakdowns on defense. Riverside has shown breakdowns in the kicking game. Lewis County has shown some problems stopping really good backs. So here goes......

Naturally, being born and bred in Lewis County, I am with our Panthers. But being that I really do respect this new region 6-AA and the posters seem to be a lot more polite than our old region, I will predict this:

A tossup! HA I told you that at the beginning of this post. Good luck to both teams, I really mean that, and let's have a fun, injury free game.

Good no, Great post donhaney.

That makes alot more since than anything 926 has said.

Riverside started out slow but they have steped it up in the last four games.

It doesn't matter what either team has done in the past just what they do

friday night.

Riverside plays their best when they are the underdog.

Riverside 35

Lewis Co. 21

BRILLIANT! How can anyone respond to such a clever, well conceived, and stinging reply? Hats off, LFE...hats off! A small tear ran down my cheek when I read the part about being an American and being able to post on coacht. You, my friend are a poet...a poet and a Patriot.

Forgive me if this post isn't as lengthy as my other posts...I'm a little misty right now.

God Bless You LFE

God Bless America

Brilliant...really?....I just thought it was good but brilliant works for me B) ...I'm so sorry to have made you cry but go ahead and dry your tears for now because you'll need to save them for Friday nite about 10:00pm B) and if not then, then I'm sure you can conjure some up for week #10 :thumb:

All kidding aside I'm with smokin in that I will pull for whatever 6-2a team succeeds in the play-offs....but until then it's every team for itself!