Riverside @ Lewis Co.

swampthang

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverside took on Lexington, and Perry Co. is a good 1A team. Go Riverside!

HA HA You must have gone to the Mean Jean school of determining good 1-A teams!

Perry County is 1-6...

Lewis County by contrast played Wayne County, a good 1-A team (5-2) and ranked sixth in the state in Class A.

I am sure there are some good debating points for this game but your's was poor at best.

Perry County is 1-6...

Lewis County by contrast played Wayne County, a good 1-A team (5-2) and ranked sixth in the state in Class A.

I am sure there are some good debating points for this game but your's was poor at best.

Lewis co and Riverside have very similar strength of schedules with Riverside being second to last in the region and Lewis co being dead last so maybe that's not a good enough argument. But Perry co and Riverside are long time rivals so you have to really throw the record out the window because we all know about rivalry games. All the top three teams lost their non-region games but regardless I think the quality of the teams played will have some impact at the end of the season.

Perry County is 1-6...

Alrighty. Seemed like they were better than 1-6 last year, I haven't payed that much attention to them this year. So you are right.

I still don't think Lewis Co. will be able to keep up with Riverside. Riverside plays a different style of football than you folks over in Middle TN. Physical dominance up front. Riverside will try to run you over, and those river rats are mean. They will hit you. From the opening kickoff to the final buzzer, they're gonna try to hurt you.

The only way I think Lewis can win this game is to match Riverside's physicality and make the big plays. If Lewis can rip off a few runs or passes, force some turnovers, and play solid special teams, they will beat Riverside.

Riverside has only to stick to their gameplan-solid, mistake free, physical football. They got away from this in the game against Loretto, otherwise we would have three undefeated teams in the region.

Riverside turned the ball over, and had a lot of penalties in that game. You can expect them not to make the same mistake.

Riverside 28 Lewis Co. 14

I'm curious...How many of you prognosticators have actually seen both Lewis County and Riverside play in person? We have people here from Camden making predictions, and Camden hasn't played either team yet. The Riverside posters have pretty much surrendered to the belief that they are going to get eviscerated by Camden in a couple of weeks, and the Lewis County game is their only hope of ever seeing the second round of the playoffs.

What are you guys basing your predictions on?

History? Neither Camden nor Riverside have turned the Tennessee high school football world on its ear with their dazzling record of consistantly winning in the post season.

Geograpical superiority? Over the past 10 years, Middle and East Tennesse have dominated West Tennessee in the Clinic Bowl in 1A through 5A.

Vegas? I know that the bookmakers are VERY interested in these games.

Just let the players play and let the coaches coach...then all of us Monday-morning-quarterbacks can come here after the games and disect the gameplans, make excuses, and blame the refs 'till our hearts' content.

Thats one of the best posts I have ever read. Riverside and Camden think they should win because they are a " west " Tennessee team.I am most certainly not taking anything away from them, it just get old hearing the same old stuff.I am sure they will have alot to run their mouths about here in a minute, but I want to Thank you for making a statement that has been itching at my thumbs.

oh yea, to Riverside:

You better bring your A game if you think we will not force any turnovers!

Clay colley is looking for more INT's.He is a 7........... until this friday.

Edited by LCHSgrinch

Thats one of the best posts I have ever read. Riverside and Camden think they should win because they are a " west " Tennessee team.I am most certainly not taking anything away from them, it just get old hearing the same old stuff.I am sure they will have alot to run their mouths about here in a minute, but I want to Thank you for making a statement that has been itching at my thumbs.

oh yea, to Riverside:

You better bring your A game if you think we will not force any turnovers!

Clay colley is looking for more INT's.He is a 7........... until this friday.

Sounds like you may be a little jealous that Riverside is getting most of the attention on here. I wouldn't count on many INT's I know these coaches will have this team ready. By the way we focus on one game at a time, we don't play Camden until the Oct. 21, we will start preparing for that game in 2 weeks, Right now we will play Lewis Co. for at least 2nd place this week! :)

Should be a good game friday night. I think it helps Riverside that they are the underdogs. They usually play better when that is the case. All they had to do is read the Jackson Sun today. It was talking about how Lewis County is 6 - 0 and how they will more than likely remain that way until they play Camden for the region championship. Good Luck to both teams this week. I don't believe either team is looking ahead. They have too much to think about this week. Both teams should give much credit and respect for each other.

My prediction

Riverside ?

Lewis County ?

........................I have no idea . My prediction is that it will be another classic game between these two programs.