Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

P.C - 13

G.B- 10

P.C has the more explosive athletic offense. G.B has the better defense. Offensively G.B is just to stale and methodical to pull it out. It will be a very good game between 2 good teams.

You are right by saying Greenbrier is "methodical" on the offensive side of the football. They will have to either catch the Firebirds sleeping in the secondary OR trick them in some fashion to make any kind of big play because their backs (Dill, Pigg, and Herndon) certainly aren't gonna outrun PC's defense.

The same can be said for Greenbrier's defense vs PC's offense as well. When you look at this matchup on paper it is a total mismatch. PC is huge across their offensive line. They have a good quarterback who can throw it and run it. Their receivers are big athletic players who'll go up and get it. They have a 1,000 yard back who's faster than anyone Greenbrier has. HOWEVER, Greenbrier is a team that is extremely well coached defensively and their players are almost always in the right spot.

I'll be calling a great game this week between Cheatham Co.-Creek Wood but this one should be a classic :D

If any of you Greenbrier fans read this post, what is your radio station that broadcasts the games on Friday nights???? Is this week's game a live broadcast OR are the broadcasts always tape-delayed and replayed on Saturday mornings??? Any info would be greatly appreciated :D

You are right by saying Greenbrier is "methodical" on the offensive side of the football. They will have to either catch the Firebirds sleeping in the secondary OR trick them in some fashion to make any kind of big play because their backs (Dill, Pigg, and Herndon) certainly aren't gonna outrun PC's defense.

The same can be said for Greenbrier's defense vs PC's offense as well. When you look at this matchup on paper it is a total mismatch. PC is huge across their offensive line. They have a good quarterback who can throw it and run it. Their receivers are big athletic players who'll go up and get it. They have a 1,000 yard back who's faster than anyone Greenbrier has. HOWEVER, Greenbrier is a team that is extremely well coached defensively and their players are almost always in the right spot.

I'll be calling a great game this week between Cheatham Co.-Creek Wood but this one should be a classic :thumb:

Good analysis, but make up your mind: Methodical or the big play? If you know Greenbrier, you know the offense is not geared around the 'big play.'

And if I was Coach Z, I'd be thinking "Hmm? They're more athletic and got speed to burn. 1985. Miami. Bigger, stronger, faster. Where have I heard (I mean celebrated) THAT recently? Oh, yeah! Uhmm!"

If any of you Greenbrier fans read this post, what is your radio station that broadcasts the games on Friday nights???? Is this week's game a live broadcast OR are the broadcasts always tape-delayed and replayed on Saturday mornings??? Any info would be greatly appreciated :thumb:

It's tape-delayed until 9:00 Saturday morning and it's on 1100 am.

Greenbrier is team built to stop the run up front and Pearl Cohn is gonna try to run it down there throats, like everybody else has tried. The only team that has suceeded in running up the guy against GB is Cheatham Co. I dont thinkg PC can run against Pearl Cohn and i think that GB matches up well against GB.

GB by 6

My opinion is Pearl Cohn is due for a letdown. When a team is riding high they tend to overlook teams as the season is winding down. I think Greenbrier can pull the upset with the right gameplan and lineup.

It'll definitely take a flawless effort by the Cats. We'll have to keep the big plays down and keep the score fairly close until late. Falling behind early would be hard to overcome.