Why Farragut can't beat Oak Ridge.

rigger101

Like i said earlier OR has won eight state titles in football, while has Farragut has won state titles in every except Football. true most of the players @FHS has beaten players from OR on the pee wee's and middle school levels, but hardly on the High School level. Here is my take on that, the community in OR expects the wildcats to win and they usually do while it is the opposite to Farragut (at least that is what it seems like to me). Maybe if the people at Farragut would stop buying BMW's,Lexuses, Mercedes Benz all the time they could invest thier time and money to the football program.

roll cats roll

thank you thats what ive been sayin'

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's about the most stupid logic I have ever heard! You actually believe that the spending habits and driving prefrences of a community have an impact on the ability of one of its sports programs? I hope you were speaking in jest, otherwise I might think you were still attending middle school. Please tell me your post was a joke.

Ole Dad

thank you thats what ive been sayin'

Tradition!! You can't beat your Daddy! Oak Ridge is THE FOOTBALL SCHOOL IN THE KNOXVILLE AREA (ALONG WITH MARYVILLE). Think Football, think Oak Ridge, Farragut does not have the Tradition in the Sport, probably never will.

Las 4 Seasons, going into the 2005 Season.... Farragut has 1 Playoff apperance and an overall Record of 21-21. '04 was the only winning season, going 9-3, but loosing twice to Oak Ridge, the second time 48-0 in the Playoffs. '01 (2-8) '02 & '03 both (5-5), no Playoffs.

Oak Ridge in those same 4 seasons has been to the Playoff's 3 times, '02,'03,'04, with a combined record of 39-11. The 2001 Season was the down year, no Playoffs but still the Wildcats were 6-4. The Wildcats advanced to the Final 4 the past 2 seasons, giving Riverdale all they wanted.

Oak Ridge has beaten Farragut 5 out of 5 times in the past 4 seasons by a combined score of 146-23.

This year is a great year for the Admirals, 2nd place in Region 2-5A and host a Playoff Game. Oak Ridge knows where they are playing.

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

Wow, Good Stats. I think the change folks have seen in the FHS program has been from parents in the booster club trying to change the tradition of FHS Football being average. In addition, rumor has it that the New principle that came over from Fulton, 2 years ago said to the booster club that FHS would not except being mediocre at anything.

We will see!

Tradition!! You can't beat your Daddy! Oak Ridge is THE FOOTBALL SCHOOL IN THE KNOXVILLE AREA (ALONG WITH MARYVILLE). Think Football, think Oak Ridge, Farragut does not have the Tradition in the Sport, probably never will.

Roll Cats Roll

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

That's about the most stupid logic I have ever heard! You actually believe that the spending habits and driving prefrences of a community have an impact on the ability of one of its sports programs? I hope you were speaking in jest, otherwise I might think you were still attending middle school. Please tell me your post was a joke.

Ole Dad

Well, call me stupid! I said too much!

There's something to what he's saying.

There are great folks here but there is a certain amount of keeping up with the Jones instead of supporting the team.

In saying all that I hope they do beat OR and give their program a boost it needs at stepping up to the next level.

:thumb::P

Edited by rigger101

Rigger,

It may be that way in Farragutless, but I live in the richest county in Florida and per capita there are more exotic cars and multi-million dollar homes and the football team and high school still get a huge turnout on Fridays and win. In fact season tickets have been sold out for years and there is a waiting list. The kids drive nice cars and there are probably 200 Rolls in a town of 20,000. There are 2,500 kids in the high school and they do well in all sports and have a great tradition. But I think even the rich kids (no kids are really rich, it's the parents who are rich) in the country get their attitude from mommy and daddy. I think it goes back to attitude and mind set and they may just be an unusual community. Heck, The area around BA and the affluence of the parents is much higher at BA than at FHS and they win big and football is big there and I'm sure they drive just as many BMW's and Mercedes there as Farragut does. Anyway, I may be wrong about my post but I don't think you could do any researchg that correlates types of cars driven to success in football which was my point.

Ole Dad

Well, call me stupid!

I've lived in 4 unique communities over the last 10 years. I've lived in Clarksville, Chattanooga, Kingsport and Farragut. I choose Farragut because of the schools rep in academics and sports my son excelled in. He was lucky enough to be involved with 3 Championship programs.

After being at DB for two football seasons, we moved to Farragut. I was shocked at the lack of community support at the game. If it wasn’t for band/football parents no one would have been at the game. l I had followed DB through the Playoffs the year before, traveled to Sevier, Oak Ridge and Red bank, and witnessed great games and community support. They did not have that at FHS the first 2 years I watched the games. I see that changing and of course wining helps.

IMO-Winning Championships at FHS is taken for granted. There is a certain amount of being spoiled and taking many things for granted in this community.

This will be my 5th Homecoming to watch and it makes me sick to watch half the student body show up at half time and they other half leave after half to go out and eat at High Cost establishments instead of supporting those young men on the field.

Old Dad it is a different world and I was warned prior to moving to Farragut by a friend who had lived in the FHS community for years that it was a very $$$$$$ oriented community. There are great folks here but there is a certain amount of keeping up with the Jones instead of supporting the team.

In saying all that I hope they do beat OR and give their program a boost it needs at stepping up to the next level.

:P:thumb:

Well, call me stupid!

I've lived in 4 unique communities over the last 10 years. I've lived in Clarksville, Chattanooga, Kingsport and Farragut. I choose Farragut because of the schools rep in academics and sports my son excelled in. He was lucky enough to be involved with 3 Championship programs.

After being at DB for two football seasons, we moved to Farragut. I was shocked at the lack of community support at the game. If it wasn’t for band/football parents no one would have been at the game. l I had followed DB through the Playoffs the year before, traveled to Sevier, Oak Ridge and Red bank, and witnessed great games and community support. They did not have that at FHS the first 2 years I watched the games. I see that changing and of course wining helps.

IMO-Winning Championships at FHS is taken for granted. There is a certain amount of being spoiled and taking many things for granted in this community.

This will be my 5th Homecoming to watch and it makes me sick to watch half the student body show up at half time and they other half leave after half to go out and eat at High Cost establishments instead of supporting those young men on the field.

Old Dad it is a different world and I was warned prior to moving to Farragut by a friend who had lived in the FHS community for years that it was a very $$$$$$ oriented community. There are great folks here but there is a certain amount of keeping up with the Jones instead of supporting the team.

:P:thumb:

finally some one share my view about the "Gutless" football program

finally some one share my view about the "Gutless" football program

Now, 'OR632003! I never said that or would I! I thought linemen were smarter and had more class than that! But you are young and have a lot to learn about life.

I don't think you would say your team was "Gutless" in 2001. I put it in the Admin and Coaches court ath FHS. I know the football Booster club give 100% to the team! The Community is coming along but has a long way to go to have the support of a OR, DB or Maryville in football.

Edited by rigger101

Rigger101, Why didn't you think about moving to Oak Ridge? The school system and the sports are proven winners and the community is there for both.

Thought about it but you don't have wrestling!

Maryville was on the list but FHS had better soccer!

So here I am! I saw the change in Soccer at FHS, when the Head coach was replaced. And think the same results could happen in football!