Smith County @ Livingston Academy

If you didn't follow too closely, then how do you know that 96 and 97 played weaker competition. Smith County was the only good team they played last year, LA played portland and white house and marion county that year with white house winning the state championship. "Either one of 3 backs could have had 1000 yds. rushing if they had not have been so balanced!" Where are they balanced ? if you think Livingston Academy's offense is balanced you are on drugs. There is only one back in this years backfield that stands out.

Those years are in the past, could this years team or last years team beat some of the "OLDER" 74' 92' 96' 97' teams we will never know. but it is always fun to talk about and argue over. But it is all about this years team. Go out and leave it all on the field because you will regret it if you don't.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is LA the better team? Comparative scores would indicate so. I guess we'll just see if comparative scores are worth considering. I really don't know what to expect. If SC can slow down LA's offense...it could be a good game. Nobody else has been able to do that...but nobody else slowed them down last year but SC either. It should be a fun game however it turns out.

If you didn't follow too closely, then how do you know that 96 and 97 played weaker competition. Smith County was the only good team they played last year, LA played portland and white house and marion county that year with white house winning the state championship. "Either one of 3 backs could have had 1000 yds. rushing if they had not have been so balanced!" Where are they balanced ? if you think Livingston Academy's offense is balanced you are on drugs. There is only one back in this years backfield that stands out.

Dude, you are the one on drugs if you are saying Trousdale and Portland were not good last year!! What I meant by balanced was they all usually had about the same number of carries per game--last year. Did not say anything about this year!!! Give #9 15-20 carries a game and watch him stand out also!! Man don't get so bent out of shape!! We are on the same side!!

SC came up here and dominated every facet of the game... Congrats to SC on a very well played game and win.

Thanks...good luck to LA in the playoffs. I guess that is why comparative scores don't mean much. I guess SC just had that machete in the open and had a bazooka behind their backs. :thumb: This young team is starting to put it together. Hats off to the coaching staff for a good game plan...and working so hard to improve this team. LA is a very very good 3a team.

Edited by Antwan

Heh, yep... comparative scores are worthless.

Good luck to ya'll in the playoffs as well, I'll be pulling for all of the old 4-3A teams that make the playoffs.

When you look at this season people outside of that area should now recognize how tough that region really was because Trousdale is ranked #1 in 1A and is undefeated, Smith County will end up 8-2 and are region champs, Portland will probably finish 8-2 in 4A and Livingston Academy is 5-4 in a brutal region with losses to Knoxville Catholic, Austin East, Trousdale and Smith County who all have two losses or less.