Smith County @ Livingston Academy

I just don't see sc beating Livingston, LA is just too good this year. I think LA is better than they have been the last few years, and whoever makes it out of our region in the playoffs is going to win state. LA 42 SC 14.

And I can tell u right now, u won't stop cates. And u can't even compare Westmoreland to Livingston seriously.

Your probably right, LA will probably win, but I just don't see the score being that lopsided, but it could very well be.

No, I don't think SC will stop Cates. Catholic, AE, Trousdale, and AC couldn't, why would anyone think that SC could. IF they were to stop Cates, they would stop LA.

Edited by I Love HS Football

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be a very interesting game. From what I can tell, SC is improving every single week and LA has kinda reached their peak. You never know which way that oblong ball will bounce or how high school kids will respond to things. Obviously, I believe containing Cates will be the key for SC. If they can and score a few points, they may, just may shock some more people next Friday night.

I agree this will be a great game for both teams.

but LA u do play fulton next week so what u going to do.

And cates ant no beter than any othere player on the field so with that

i say good bye and good luck to teh hoge eyes see u on friday

Your probably right, LA will probably win, but I just don't see the score being that lopsided, but it could very well be.

No, I don't think SC will stop Cates. Catholic, AE, Trousdale, and AC couldn't, why would anyone think that SC could. IF they were to stop Cates, they would stop LA.

evry one thought that RB from macon was going to run us over

look what hapend to him he only got pass the LS 2 times

he may have scored thoes 2 times but......... well lets just wait tell the game gets here

Edited by big_owl_70

The team with the best player doesn't always win. We HAVE contained and practically stopped Cates for 3 games straight. Colson always hurt us worse than he did. I understand that this a is different year with different teams but we are both still doing the same things. Maybe we don't have A player as good as he but one player never beat a good team by himself. From what I can tell, they are giving up a few more points this year than normal. That might be contributed to their new schedule. I don't know. One thing I do know is that the best prepared, better TEAM that makes the fewest mistakes and the most plays usually wins in the game of football. We'll see come Friday night. :thumb:

first of all i would like to say Cates is an outstanding player and is a plus to LA but as Cates has stated himself he doesnt' do it alone he has a great line, first of all before u can stop Cates you have to stop our OL & DL and that will be hard to do especially our OL we have a great team again this year and yes we did loose some key players but the other boys have stepped up and are doing great as u can see from our season yes we do have 3 losses but only by 12 points total and from some of the toughest teams we will face this year, so i do beleive LA will beat SC this year they have been waiting for this oppurtinity all year. GO HOG_EYE!

They've been waiting for this oppurtunity since week 2 of 2003. Hasn't happened yet. Maybe this time, we'll see come Friday night. :thumb:

That's why I posted earlier that LA should take this game as just another game and don't get caught up in all the hype. This game has no meaning at all other than LA wants to win. And rightly so after the last 3 meetings and if the players didn't then there wouldn't be much to them.

Yes I believe Cates will be the best player on the field Fri. but what differences will that make. It's been that way all year. Everybody has heard of him by now I'm pretty sure. But as someone posted it's not all Cates that has made plays this year there have been several. I expect pretty much the same from him fri. night. He will be all over the field tackling passing and running the ball. SC better hope that they can contain him from making the BIG play b/c he is one special player.

On the other side of the ball the Owls will be ready to play and you can take that to the bank. I think Jimmy will have a good game plan that will probably consist of controlling the ball and keeping it away from Cates and CO. Turnovers will probably determine the outcome of this game. I think the Owls will keep things pretty much in perspective b/c after all this game has no play-off significance.

However there will be one thing these 2 teams will play for and that is a little thing called PRIDE. Good luck to both teams and hopefully no player from either team will get hurt.