Maryville Vs Halls

rebelman16

PVT,

Dang people just kill me with their comments about coaches, offense, calling plays. I realize some things never change. Hey anybody that wants to call the plays for the next ballgame, report to the field house Sunday afternoon and work for 4-5 hours on this week's game plan, then be at same location Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, at 3:45 pm for the start of practice, ending about 6:30 each day. If you can 't do this then shut your mouth about coaches, play calling, etc.

OR better yet report to the local sporting goods store and ask him about what should be done, or lets all meet at THE restaurant in Halls for breakfast or lunch and they will have figured everything thats wrong not only in the world, but with Red Devil Football.

Get off the fence, off your butts, shut your mouth, support the players and coaches to the ninth degree. OR get a teaching certificate and start coaching.

Ms.Gov....I didn't think you had to have a teaching degree to coach football. Do ya? Seems to me you know alot about that sporting goods football coach wanna be. He seems to stick his nose where it don't belong every few years so we should be safe for another year or two. Of course you KNOW what will happen if/when I run across his path someday. And I hope Adams and Brock are holding his hand cause I got plenty for them also.Enough said.....It's dinner time.

HOW BOUT THEM VOLUNQUEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rebelman,

Offense is the key. If we run well we win If we don't we have a hard time. Lately We have lacked the confidence to mix it up. The defense has provided us with stability all year. Yes, Justin Cox limped through most of the last series or two being double teamed most of the time.

GQ designed the gameplan to come out throwing and Hunt implemented it well. This put our run defense under stress and Baker had a good game. I hope Tallent gets well for the playoffs I don't like anyone going down.

My three best plays for the Red Devils.

1. Justin Cox said he would and he did.(Mr Burnett hit the carpet)

2. Hunter Large's smashmouth hit on Shriver on the Punt return.(what was he thinking? ouch!)

3. Darren Black lifting Red Devils hopes in the fourth snatching an errant pass and taking it all the way. ( I won't say who threw that one.)

Sad we lost yes. Did we get respect? I think so.

Maryville is a well prepared, well coached and talented team. The best team I've seen us play this year.

It surprises me that you didn't mention # 23 for Halls. Agree # 4 did get a big play with his interception / td. , and several tackles. Cox sacked Burnett 1 time and Large did hit the punt returner real hard. But if my memory serves me correct # 23 had a interception that resulted in a missed field goal, and then a rushing t/d. Played both sides of the ball the entire game. In my openion # 23 and # 4 and also # 45 would be prospests to play at a higher level. Halls did give Maryville a tough game. Julian has changed his team around. Good Luck in the play offs.

Ms.Gov....I didn't think you had to have a teaching degree to coach football. Do ya? Seems to me you know alot about that sporting goods football coach wanna be. He seems to stick his nose where it don't belong every few years so we should be safe for another year or two. Of course you KNOW what will happen if/when I run across his path someday. And I hope Adams and Brock are holding his hand cause I got plenty for them also.Enough said.....It's dinner time.

HOW BOUT THEM VOLUNQUEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What is your alls hatrid of "the local sporting goods store owner" and "Brock and Adams" about? Also, IMO this website is made for people to get on and talk about the games and say whatever they want to about the games. A coach of anything has to be able to handle criticism, not that they deserve it but I'm sure the coaches (if they even read this stuff) can take the criticism. They know probably more than half of the people on websites like this don't even make sense and don't know what their talking about. If you can't take criticism you should probably no be coaching. I think the Halls coaches do a great job and I especially think they can handle somebody talking about them.

Edited by hhsbball12

What is your alls hatrid of "the local sporting goods store owner" and "Brock and Adams" about? Also, IMO this website is made for people to get on and talk about the games and say whatever they want to about the games. A coach of anything has to be able to handle criticism, not that they deserve it but I'm sure the coaches (if they even read this stuff) can take the criticism. They know probably more than half of the people on websites like this don't even make sense and don't know what their talking about. If you can't take criticism you should probably no be coaching. I think the Halls coaches do a great job and I especially think they can handle somebody talking about them.

Just so we are clear on something...I have never questioned the coaching staff once!!!!!!! And if you don't know about Brock, Adams and "the local sporting goods store owner" aka...Dale Rutherford, then go ask them what I am talking about. I am sure they will give you plenty of excuses for denial of anything and everything. But funny thing is I have the PROOF right in front of me. Also if you do see Dale, ask him if you were to give him a play book of Halls....Could he draw the first play in the book on a black board after 4 months? I'll bet $100 he can't, but he can sure tell everybody what play should be called or should have been called after the play is over. And we wonder why he was never a coach. What a JOKE those three are.

It surprises me that you didn't mention # 23 for Halls. Agree # 4 did get a big play with his interception / td. , and several tackles. Cox sacked Burnett 1 time and Large did hit the punt returner real hard. But if my memory serves me correct # 23 had a interception that resulted in a missed field goal, and then a rushing t/d. Played both sides of the ball the entire game. In my openion # 23 and # 4 and also # 45 would be prospests to play at a higher level. Halls did give Maryville a tough game. Julian has changed his team around. Good Luck in the play offs.

FERGS been consistently good all year. He had all of my three last week. 2 of his 3 picks and that 38yd td. run after halftime. My top three this week just didn't include him.

You are right #23,4 & 45 are just three of seven or so in my mind to play on saturday.

Just so we are clear on something...I have never questioned the coaching staff once!!!!!!! And if you don't know about Brock, Adams and "the local sporting goods store owner" aka...Dale Rutherford, then go ask them what I am talking about. I am sure they will give you plenty of excuses for denial of anything and everything. But funny thing is I have the PROOF right in front of me. Also if you do see Dale, ask him if you were to give him a play book of Halls....Could he draw the first play in the book on a black board after 4 months? I'll bet $100 he can't, but he can sure tell everybody what play should be called or should have been called after the play is over. And we wonder why he was never a coach. What a JOKE those three are.

I know Dale and I am pretty good friends with him but I am not gunna try to get in between you all. I was just wondering why you all really dislike him and the other 2.

Edited by hhsbball12

I know Dale and I am pretty good friends with him but I am not gunna try to get in between you all. I was just wondering why you all really dislike him and the other 2.

Basically they are two RUNTS and a WANNA BE. And I'll tell ya another thing. I KNOW who you are AND you KNOW me. Nothing bad to say about ya just wanna wish ya good luck this basketball season. Hope we have another GREAT year like last year and go a lot deeper in the Post-Season. GOOOOOOOOO DEVILSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Basically they are two RUNTS and a WANNA BE. And I'll tell ya another thing. I KNOW who you are AND you KNOW me. Nothing bad to say about ya just wanna wish ya good luck this basketball season. Hope we have another GREAT year like last year and go a lot deeper in the Post-Season. GOOOOOOOOO DEVILSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks. Ya, i wasn't saying anything about you either, I was just wondering the situation. We should have a good year. Thanks again. Go Big Red!

A coach of anything has to be able to handle criticism, not that they deserve it but I'm sure the coaches (if they even read this stuff) can take the criticism. They know probably more than half of the people on websites like this don't even make sense and don't know what their talking about. If you can't take criticism you should probably no be coaching. I think the Halls coaches do a great job and I especially think they can handle somebody talking about them.

hhsbball12,

Agree totally. Coacht is about getting stuff off your chest to discuss benefits & dissappointments of a game. Stimulating the mind monday morning quarterback stuff. Vol Calls over the internet. Etc.etc.etc. Not attacking the coaching staff or even local merchants.

hhsbball12,

Agree totally. Coacht is about getting stuff off your chest to discuss benefits & dissappointments of a game. Stimulating the mind monday morning quarterback stuff. Vol Calls over the internet. Etc.etc.etc. Not attacking the coaching staff or even local merchants.

ZCAR you have some good posts as well and Halls has nothing to hang their heads about and no disrespect is meant by this comment. I do find it a little over the top to be glad a player got hit hard simply because he found his way into a program with a staff who can produce D1 players and if not at least have a good chance of winning a title or two. Burnett will do fine under GQ and maybe Halls, with some of the verbal threats, on and off the field got into a 15 year olds head! Wow great victory for ignorance IMO.

Some of the Halls people need get over the kid leaving for another program. If his dad thinks he has done the best by his son by moving him to Maryville then all the power to him. I did the same for my sons and am glad I did!