Maryville Vs Halls

rebelman16

Rebelman16,

I can see that Muryville doesn't place high priority on grammar skills for transfer students. Please have someone proof read your posts before you send them online.

If your going to critique someone's spelling then maybe you should spell Maryville right .

oh , i get it , that's your little way of disrespecting your opponent ..... we'll just get some respect on the field .

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Halls will fight hard, but the offense they run is whey to bunched together. Lucas likes to rool out and our ends our to fast and can keep contained againts that. Halls deffense is tough and very fisical though. It will be a good game.

good luck Julion but GQ is the man.

maryville 35

halls 7

Go Rebels!!

I hope you learned your grammar at maryville and not halls.

Thus far this debate has been almost entirely devoid of intelligent coversation.

Some are saying "halls will be ready." Well, they better be. They're playing the number one 4A team in state who also happens to have won a couple of state titles in recent years and hasn't lost a game in quite a long time. Yeah, I think they'll be ready for this one...

Halls is the most physical team Maryville has seen this year? Well, we'll see about that. I really doubt that they are more physical than Central or maybe even some big 5A teams like Blount and Heritage who may not be great but who play very physical brands of ball. Either way, you won't beat the Rebels by roughing them up. You've got to outplay them.

Halls isn't very good? Well, I've not seen them play this year but their record doesn't really support that statement.

Last year's game has no bearing on this year's game in my opinion.

The wing T. MHS has seen in before. It takes some time to adapt, but the Rebels always do. I think this will be good for the Rebel defense to prepare us for the chance we might see that offense again in the playoffs.

Who was the last "wing-t" team that maryville played?

If your going to critique someone's spelling then maybe you should spell Maryville right .

oh , i get it , that's your little way of disrespecting your opponent ..... we'll just get some respect on the field .

Pepvol....

don't get your panties in a bunch!!!

Some of these boys know carp, noyhing wrong with a little friendly teasing.

If anyone thinks Halls has a chance to win you need to go to the doctor and get checked out.

Tallent will have 300 yards on the ground

MHS by 28

Just worry about west and 4th place.

I don't think Maryville will take this game lightly (trash talk on this board notwithstanding). Halls is 6-2 and lost fairly close games to Powell and Central. They have also beaten what I consider to be a pretty good West team. They lost to Powell by 4 and Central I think by 12 or 14? But if I remember that game correctly it was a lot closer than that for most of the game. Of course we are favored to win, but I don't think Coach Quarles will allow the team to overlook this game. He did not get us to this point by overlooking anybody. Halls had seem to lose some of it physical play the past few years under Shephard. Julian has deep roots in the program and seems to have them going in the right direction again. Good luck to both teams.

I think Halls skipper Julian is doing an outstanding job and the players should belive in his system by now. But knowing that Halls is running the Wing-T, gives me smiles inside and outside. During the GQ/Gaylor Defensive era I'm not sure Maryville has ever lost to a team running the Wing-T. Vs a modern "D" with quick ends and LB's who bust lead blockers at or behind the line of scrimmage, the Wing-T is usless. Killebrew and Wood/Voto will shut down the outside and this 5 headed LB monster will clean some plows on the running game. The middle won't be there. Halls will have to pass and the pressure will aid in stopping the long ball.

Maryville is also getting even tougher at home and I am not sure off hand when the last time it was that Maryville lost at home.

Maryvilles passing game is getting better as well and well if Tank hangs on to the ball Halls will be giving up a few hundred yards to him and or Tallent.

See you there