Owls And Cats

orcats2005

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This path the Owls are taking unfortunately seems familar (excluding the loss to WB)... losing to Farragut, with Oak Ridge next.... well, as I mentioned on another thread, hopefully our boys stick through it and give the Cats a good, hard fought game... a reduction of turnovers is most definitely needed, along with some healthy guys (Marshall, Gaston) back on the field.... anyone know their status?

This is not the week that Ooltewah would want to play Oak Ridge. This has to be a terribly disheartening game for them.

Yes, Ooltewah has had some serious injuries... lost an all-state lineman in the first game of the year. They are likely to be playing without Marshall (quickest guy on their team) this Friday. Don't know what Gaston's injury is but he was unable to play the entire second half. Just when things seemed to be turning around, the injuries piled on again. Sometimes it goes that way.

I just don't think that Ooltewah's conditioning looks good at all. They are falling apart against strong opponents in the second half. They may be playing too many players two ways, but I just don't think they're in shape. This may also be contributing to the injuries.

At any rate, Ooltewah simply isn't as strong as the Oak Ridges of the world, and they are likely going to fall flat on their faces, unless they show up with a different attitude and demand respect on the field.

I think Oak Ridge will win this one by 14=17 points.

Let me just say one more thing, if (and that's a shaky if) Ooltewah comes to play and gives the kind of effort their athletes are capable of, this will be a whale of a game. There is an awful lot to play for on both sides of the ball.

I doubt very seriously that Oak Ridge will come in looking past Ooltewah; they know they could be in for a fight. My biggest concern is whether Ooltewah can take a hit and stick with it.

If OR forces them out of their game, it could be a long night. For the sake of SE TN and Chattanooga, I hope the Owls give them all they could ask for and more.