Coalfield @ Harriman

wpasi

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSSAA reclassifies every four years and when they reclassified last year, Harriman had an enrollment number of 353 and Rockwood was at 410. If you got numbers today then Harriman would be even smaller while Rockwood would be a bit larger.

Goose that is probably half true. I would bet maybe both have dropped in numbers. I know I wouldn't want my kid going to school at either of those institutions.

I'm not calling anyone a liar but according to TSSAA website Harriman enrollment is listed as 398, which so happens to be the limit you can have in class A, as in one more student and they have to be Class AA; while Rockwood enrollment is listed as 364. Three of the other schools in that region has less than half the students that Harriman has. It is a lot easier to be competitive when you have twice as many students to pick talent from, and a lot more money to run your program with. That isn't coaching to me, that is mathematics. If they didn't compete for the region championship there is something seriously wrong.

Coalfield by 14+

if you go count heads at Harriman High School right now I gurantee you dont find 398....you may find 350 at the most...Harriman's enrollment has been dropping for the past few years. What this all boils down to is needing an excuse just in case if Harriman does actually beat Coalfield, which is very possible. Harriman will have to play well and there defense will have to contain Coalfield's playmakers. If u want to talk about anything in Coalfield talk about where there athletes are coming from...seems to me that Michael Gilbert was from Oakdale and looks like some others were from other places..No one brings up this fact but Harriman's student population is brought up? I think this will be a close one, but ill go with the Devils in a very close one.

if you go count heads at Harriman High School right now I gurantee you dont find 398....you may find 350 at the most...Harriman's enrollment has been dropping for the past few years. What this all boils down to is needing an excuse just in case if Harriman does actually beat Coalfield, which is very possible. Harriman will have to play well and there defense will have to contain Coalfield's playmakers. If u want to talk about anything in Coalfield talk about where there athletes are coming from...seems to me that Michael Gilbert was from Oakdale and looks like some others were from other places..No one brings up this fact but Harriman's student population is brought up? I think this will be a close one, but ill go with the Devils in a very close one.

While you have brought up an argument about where the players are coming from, its not a very good one. the only case that ever made a big difference was MPG, and supposedly that was legit. CY, if you could please comment on devils' post, that would be appreciated.

My post is 100% true because Harriman's numbers are down from last year's total of 353 and Rockwood is up from 410, maybe as much as 50 kids. We recently had the numbers in the paper. What will be interesting, however, is if Roane County ever rezones after Harriman going county. If this happens, Harriman will gain students from OS, Kingston and Rockwood and that would most certainly put them back in Class AA.

Please show me a post on this board where a Coalfield fan said they could beat TC. I think that is in your imagination and trolling for an argument. Coalfield may not beat TC but they will compete, bring a large crowd, and give it their best shot. But most Coalfield fans realize we aint there yet and aren't saying much about a team that was competing in 3a last year moving down to 1a that did the opposite to avoid the privates. At least Coalfield stuck with what they had to play and low and behold were one game away last year.

Coalfield beats Harriman Friday night by at least 14. TThe defense will close the corners, lay licks on the fast boys at the line and the passing of Hill will pick them apart, just like last year. When the run gets shut down, the air is always open.

i agree that the quote your responding to is more than likley picking afight adn i agree that there is reaally no mention of trousdale but come on man you know that "running from the privates" BS is bologna, we've dominated them for the past decade, and yes we moved up and the privates dominated, but what did you expect to happen when the big dog left the yard when you buy into the propaganda that we left to avoid them, then you fall right into what they want you to think. they are so egotistical, that if trousdale were closed by the government they'd have you believe that we closed cause somebody heard they had a good junior high team i know this isnt the tread to discuss this but unless you got facts to back that up (because no one who champions this opinion seems to have any proof what so ever) whats the point of even saying it, because its never good in a debate to argue with empty statements just because you heard someone else say it, that said best of luck to both teams, i hope its a great game, with great plays on both sides of the ball, with no injuries, and who ever advances, we'll be waiting on the creekbank and i assure you there will be no dodging by either team

Edited by snoball5278

Who cares about the #'s my hats off to Harrimans coaching staff if not misstaken this Harriman team lost to 1A schools last yr & now playing with these teams & beating them so dont bash them for dropping.

I am a Coalfield fan & just telling a few of the facts here. But I do think Coalfield is the better team & will win Friday night but who knows what will happen when the playoffs get here & another thing im tired of hearing about TC there on every board so u worry about your games & us little teams that shouldnt even show up when TC time comes around will worry about our own.

While you have brought up an argument about where the players are coming from, its not a very good one. the only case that ever made a big difference was MPG, and supposedly that was legit. CY, if you could please comment on devils' post, that would be appreciated.

I really don't think Coalfield is "looking for an excuse." If numbers were an excuse then CAK would have a huge one with the multiplier and yet they win in 2a, and decisively. However, numbers can make a difference, that is why we have classifications. The main thing about student population is ability to get "statistically" a good mix of athletes. However, that also increases when you have a large geographic area from which students can be found. The latter is the reason for much of private schools success. Coalfield's players are Morgan County residents there are only about 3500 students in Morgan County divided between four high schools.

Now as to Coalfield's players and where they come from. I was in charge of the little league program at Coalfield for five years. The seniors on this team were "pee wees" when I took that role. Of the starting players three did not come through that program. I beleive that makes 19+ or - that did play in that program meaning they are home grown boys.

Two resided in Morgan County, an open zoned school district and came to Coalfield by choice either as a freshman or after a years lay off from the sport they participated in at another school. Finally, the running back that everyone acuses of being "from Clinton" is my NEXT DOOR neighbor and I will guarantee you he lives in Coalfield. His mother has custody and married my neighbor. He really didn't have much of choice there either.

Now let's play this game and may the best team win. I believe that to be Coalfield and by two touchdowns at least.

i agree that the quote your responding to is more than likley picking afight adn i agree that there is reaally no mention of trousdale but come on man you know that "running from the privates" BS is bologna, we've dominated them for the past decade, and yes we moved up and the privates dominated, but what did you expect to happen when the big dog left the yard when you buy into the propaganda that we left to avoid them, then you fall right into what they want you to think. they are so egotistical, that if trousdale were closed by the government they'd have you believe that we closed cause somebody heard they had a good junior high team i know this isnt the tread to discuss this but unless you got facts to back that up (because no one who champions this opinion seems to have any proof what so ever) whats the point of even saying it, because its never good in a debate to argue with empty statements just because you heard someone else say it, that said best of luck to both teams, i hope its a great game, with great plays on both sides of the ball, with no injuries, and who ever advances, we'll be waiting on the creekbank and i assure you there will be no dodging by either team

Uh, and the posts I have seen on here don't prove that TC didn't run from the privates. However the evidence, though circumstantial does indicate they did.

They dominated privates in the 1990's? It was relatively easy back in the 90's to dominate private schools. The popularity of a private school education had not reached it's peak. Further, their football programs had not peaked either because of the former. Then, when the DCA's, and CPA's began to win, and Trousdale had the student population to move up, they did and even skipped a step to a 3a region "wanting better competition" I think is the quote. Now reclass comes up and the privates are gone and they drop to 1a again missing 2a completely(where the same privates landed). What happened to wanting that "better competition"? Is 1a ball more competative in TC area than 2a? I guess poor TC was just a victim of circumstances even though they chose to play up for better competition once. Maybe they didn't dodge the privates but it appears they did since they didn't continue to "play up" where the privates went after reclass.

Edited by CYJacket

CYJacket always stirring the pot. I say in a very close game one team will win...

Wow, that aint what you said the other day with that other fellow you work with. I know that blue team is across the street but I bet one of them aint never purchased a car from you have they? And you're the only one to deal with there on trade in. That other manager is a well you know.

Edited by CYJacket

Good points there Willy. Those facts though fall on deaf ears on these boards for people from the larger schools in A and above. Some folks just don't get why there are classifications. Harriman will be playing a school with approximately 175 more students, (and that is a low estimate) but both are still where they are now. It will be a good game.

I would say this, Coalfield right now is not worrying about numbers. The first game of the year they defeated one of the best 2a teams in East in Cumberland Gap, though they nearly lost it in the end. They have gotten better since then, and are looking to take this region. The defense is one of the best in A right now that I have seen and better than some AA teams in the area. It will simply be up to the team not us.

Good Post??? His facts are wrong, and you may not like that fact that Harrimans enrollment is in line for Single A, butt, thats where it falls. You have every right to send your kid anywhere you want, butt, when you post a derogatory remark about any other school, thats bait for argumentative responses.