Dyersburg At Obion Co

VOREBS

Your boys from d-burg are the ones w/ excuses. They say that the reason the games were close was because they were out of school and they could not stay focused and this and that. Sounds like excuses to me

dhs has no reason to make excuses they are region champs and undefeated. two 4th quarter comebacks againtst two great teams show the hart of a champion. dhs will not be denied. ask haywood and covington who thought they both had shocked dhs but was upsetwhen they left jc sawyers

obion has a good team. i just think dhs is a class ahead of them this season. we shal see this friday :thumb:

Edited by high school sports fan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not the boys, but definitely the people on here. We can all make excuses and "if's". Maybe DHS being out of school WAS why they looked the way they did against Haywood. I was just expecting so much more with them being undefeated, but then look at their schedule early on. And then again, Dyer Co. didn't even score against Haywood, and that was when Haywood was working out their offense. They had a sophmore qb in for half the game. Dyer scored what against Dyersburg - 22 points? I said I was not impressed and I wasn't. I was surprised. I would like to see Dyersburg when all conditions are suitable. To see if they are worth the hype.

I guess Haywood could use the excuse that one of their best backs #11 was suspended. If they'd had him, they might have won. If,If, If, If,...........

you seen the worst they have played all year and they still beat u. so u need to focus on ripley and crockett or u will be comming to watch dhs in the playoffs. haywood must win their next two region games to make it

Having seen both teams, gotta go with Dyersburg by at least 3 touchdowns if they play to their capabilities.

I'm not trying to contradict you or anything, but I'm assuming you saw us when we played yall, but ....that night just wasn't us. The crockett game was the worst we've looked all year. The outcome should be very different.

Maybe not the boys, but definitely the people on here. We can all make excuses and "if's". Maybe DHS being out of school WAS why they looked the way they did against Haywood. I was just expecting so much more with them being undefeated, but then look at their schedule early on. And then again, Dyer Co. didn't even score against Haywood, and that was when Haywood was working out their offense. They had a sophmore qb in for half the game. Dyer scored what against Dyersburg - 22 points? I said I was not impressed and I wasn't. I was surprised. I would like to see Dyersburg when all conditions are suitable. To see if they are worth the hype.

I guess Haywood could use the excuse that one of their best backs #11 was suspended. If they'd had him, they might have won. If,If, If, If,...........

i am sure that if you were a spectator at battle of the bulge, pearl harbor, or many other countless battles, you would not have been impressed by the united states military..... the end result is what matters.....

winning the region/state/going undefeated is any teams goal.............impressing spectators in one or two games is not the teams goal........

any team that wins this region, which has been described as one of tennessee toughest regions, is impressive......any team that does it undefeated is even more impressive......

heck, even if dyer county chocs win it, i would be impressed...........shocked also....but still impressed....

Edited by mg

any win is a good win maybe not a great win but a good win, its not really common for a team to play perfect every game...however a great team finds a way to win when their defense or offense are not playing well. So scores doesnt matter..i mean you can tell when a team really stinks but in this region that is not the case all teams are great and anyone is able to win on any given night..it just so happen dyersburg is better becuz they find a way to get it done..i pat all teams on the back for making this an excellent region and whoever the top 4 teams are..hope you will represent the region well...thank you :thumb:

mg keep it up..you got me on the floor laughing...and tell ms rita i said hey......i'm doing good at bethel...we gon smash JD's team on nov 12

Edited by coach Pete

I've seen Dyersburg play and have not been impressed. They have been lucky to win their last two games. Their non-region opponents have only 7 wins between them, needless to say they all have losing records. Luck will only take you so far, sooner or later talent and coaching will come in to play. I love to see teams from West Tenn win State Championships, from what I've seen Dyersburg will have to step it up a knoch or the first good team they face in the playoffs will send them to the house. With that said, Dyersburg should have no trouble with Obion!

:thumb:

Every good team plays bad games, what is impressive is finding a way to win playing only 1 good quarter! The fact is they are 8-0 and they needed a wake up call! Expect Dyersburg to dominate Obion! Its time to really snap it up and knock some heads! D-burg, time to get ready for playoffs! It won't be an easy road. There are many good 3A teams including some privates that just got moved to 3A. it doesn't matter how you win, it is still a check in the win column - totaling 8 so far. let's make it 10 before playoffs! :thumb:

Edited by dave61502

i am sure that if you were a spectator at battle of the bulge, pearl harbor, or many other countless battles, you would not have been impressed by the united states military..... the end result is what matters.....

winning the region/state/going undefeated is any teams goal.............impressing spectators in one or two games is not the teams goal........

any team that wins this region, which has been described as one of tennessee toughest regions, is impressive......any team that does it undefeated is even more impressive......

heck, even if dyer county chocs win it, i would be impressed...........shocked also....but still impressed....

It's not whether you win or lose. IT'S HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. Like looking polished and in control and dominating. I love a pretty win! And I didn't see that at the Dyersburg/Haywood game.

I'm not trying to contradict you or anything, but I'm assuming you saw us when we played yall, but ....that night just wasn't us. The crockett game was the worst we've looked all year. The outcome should be very different.

I was there....it wasn't the Cavaliers best effort of the season either. Maybe you have improved since that game- the Cavaliers have as well. Maybe you will surprise me, but I still think Dyersburg is just too athletic for the Rebels to stay close. Good luck, though- battles are always settled on the field, not in chat forums.

It's not whether you win or lose. IT'S HOW YOU PLAY THE GAME. Like looking polished and in control and dominating. I love a pretty win! And I didn't see that at the Dyersburg/Haywood game.

So you like pretty wins, I was just wondering would you settle for an old ugly one point victory Friday night against Ripley? :o