Union City?

Interesting topic. There are a variety of reasons that McKenzie is accepted while UC is hated.

**First I don't live in Carroll County and constantly read McKenzie's spin in the local paper. It's become a joke among many in our county. I'll be the first to admit the paper is called the Union City Messenger but the spin is comical at times.

**Second, UC dropped to 1A and everyone else in the region is supposed to be amazed by them. From their "award winning band"(which is fantastic btw) to their prime facilities, they expect everyone to be in awe of them. Sure maybe some of us fans have a chip on our shoulder but I make no apologies. As a lifelong SF fan, I'm proud of our team and school. I don't appreciate many fans attempt to make us feel inferior.

**Third, I have talked to many influential UC boosters. Not many UC fans are happy with the move to 1A. I've been told by more than one booster that low numbers in one class enabled the move to 1A. I take offense at UC sliding in with numbers barely low enough for 1A and then telling all other schools that they need to work harder to beat them. The same can be said of UC and 2A. It took Coach Fishel(whom I like) 2 1/2 seasons and team with enrollment almost half of what UC's is to attain his first home win.

**Lastly, no SF did not have 2 a days. But the players worked out 4 days a week all summer except during the dead period. Time was spent in weight lifting and working on skills. SF had three players attend the Manning Passing Academy(two QB's and one receiver) and another attend UT's. Many of our boys worked hard. Our numbers are just low.

You want some cheese with that?

Redparent, did you play high school football?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see from some of the posts on here why some people really dislike Union City....Make NO mistake though,Union City is a top notch school with top notch people...I graduated and played for the Tornadoes during Randy Barnes' first two years at the school...People didn't like us back then either..But,we didn't run our mouths like some of these players do now...It's strange to me how they do run their mouths when before this year they only won 5 games the two years previous..Now they are down in 1A and blowing all these teams out and think they are the second coming....I can't believe that Jim Fishel would condone some of the things some of the Union City players have posted on here..He has much more class than that...I would suggest that the players who do post on here be a little more subtle in their smack talk..Let your actions on the field do the talking...Shut somebody up with a 50 yard run or an ear-hole hit,not with taps on a keyboard...

As for what happened at the South Fulton game..What exactly happened??..Seriously,you people that have complained need to sit on the opposing sideline at a South Fulton game..You might be a little embarassed :thumb:

Ok who cares if yall are hated or not, yall are winning. I am an SF player and i honestly don't think the school enrollement has anything to do with how well a teams plays. Yea before we played UC i didnt have anything agianst them and had respect for them even though they dropped down. The reason i don't like UC now is how unsportsmanlike the players and the fans were during the game with us. But honestly yall can put us down all you want it doesnt really bother me a bit, becasue i know in a few years SF will be a good competition in the region and probly in the playoffs, even though i know i will be gone. But back to the #'s deal, if you have a good weight lifting program and have a good coaching staff that know how to get the boys in shape then i believe you can contend with anybody. So for yall UC just enjoy wut u got right now cause in a few years yall will be back in 2a again getting it handed to you.

yall didnt beat the p*ss out of nobody the Milan game it was 20-7 and should have been better if Union City coaching staff would have had a better game plan.

Martin played better than Milan in my opinion, but that was the first game of the year so Union City was feeling themselves out.

You need to get off of the milan and westview games there over and the score cant be changed now so just drop it

Ok who cares if yall are hated or not, yall are winning. I am an SF player and i honestly don't think the school enrollement has anything to do with how well a teams plays. Yea before we played UC i didnt have anything agianst them and had respect for them even though they dropped down. The reason i don't like UC now is how unsportsmanlike the players and the fans were during the game with us. But honestly yall can put us down all you want it doesnt really bother me a bit, becasue i know in a few years SF will be a good competition in the region and probly in the playoffs, even though i know i will be gone. But back to the #'s deal, if you have a good weight lifting program and have a good coaching staff that know how to get the boys in shape then i believe you can contend with anybody. So for yall UC just enjoy wut u got right now cause in a few years yall will be back in 2a again getting it handed to you.

can you give an example of how the players are unsportmen like on the field please

What exactly happened during the game? What did the UC people do? I hear SF people talking about it, but they never say what happened.

if i recall correctly the was a large group of kids at that game(homecoming) and when SF ran off the field for half time the booed them like small kids do

i believe the small kids u r referring to were all in the 3rd grade and under, it was the boys and girls club, whom by the way all of the uc fans (me included) were appalled. those children then were taken and talked to by the neighboring adults.

what exactly did the players do on the field that has been mentioned a multitued of times?

By looking at your post and then you have to ask why...I believe Red Parent ,Duckman,Lake Co falcon fan,myself and others just love the Tornadoes the way their fans talk on these posts and the way they supposedly treated the South Fulton players...Class is the McKenzie fans...I am one that usually pulls for teams in our area..If we weren't playing I would be for South Fulton,West Carrol,McKenzie etc.because they are in our district ...And would probably hope Union City wins if they were playing against J.C.S.,Fayette Ac and teams from the other district..Now , not only do I hope they lose to any of those teams...but also to Trousdale Co or whoever else they play ...I go to the State Championships just about every year and if you guys happen to make it to the Boro and you see a fan wearing green and gold rooting for the other team...it will be me...And if you will go and look at the post by fan,buckshot and yourself...you would see that it's pretty obvious why everyone hopes you lose...And yes..you could write back and say.."At least we made it to the Boro"...But I would rather stay home a loser then be pull for U.C..And ,hopefully we will probably face each other again and yes..we may lose again...but I'm kind of like someone from South Fulton said..I have two favorite teams..Lake Co and whoever U.C.plays!

Now don't you feel better since you got that out of your system? Your panties aren't wadded up anymore and you can stop squirming in your seat. By the way, I really hope UC gets to play LC again too.

i believe the small kids u r referring to were all in the 3rd grade and under, it was the boys and girls club, whom by the way all of the uc fans (me included) were appalled. those children then were taken and talked to by the neighboring adults.

what exactly did the players do on the field that has been mentioned a multitued of times?

Holder, I know my son said the smack and cheapshots during the UC game were the worst they had seen this season. But I'm not going to knock UC for that. Football is a game for men and not for the faint of heart. If I have any criticism of our SF players, it's that they don't have enough "attitude" on the field.