Well looks like the difference between the Braves and Cardinals this year is that the Braves got one week longer of vacation than the Cardinals. How about Jim Edmonds, I love that center field play out there. No excuses Cardinal fans, remember it is you who said nothing less than a championship would be considered a failure. I'll take my Braves and their division title win streak, yeah go ahead and make fun of my Braves, I don't care cause the Cardinals are at home also.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looks like the difference between the Braves and Cardinals this year is that the Braves got one week longer of vacation than the Cardinals. How about Jim Edmonds, I love that center field play out there. No excuses Cardinal fans, remember it is you who said nothing less than a championship would be considered a failure. I'll take my Braves and their division title win streak, yeah go ahead and make fun of my Braves, I don't care cause the Cardinals are at home also.

Houston beat us. Plain and simple. They played better, pitched better (How can Oswalt throw the ball so hard when he is so small?), and did all the little things you have to do to win it (including using that 150 wall in left field at Miture Maid). Edmonds made a classic mistake of watching the runner before he caught the ball.

And yes, the season was a failure. We're not going to sugar coat it. Once again, the goal is St. Louis is Series titles, not division titles.

It's really sad when you have to get you baseball jollies from the defeat of others because you are so defensive about the shortcomings of your own team.

And there are no excuses and it is another year without a championship which is a season disappointment. It's just amazing Braves fans are never disappointed when they get beat.

Good luck to you and the Braves on being better than the Mets, Phillies, marlins and Nationals next year.

And for others that may have reading comprehension problems, I am only replying to the above post.

Are you trying to remind yourself of something here? :lol:

yes, i was reminded of the last time I replied to a brave fan, I was accused of bringing up Braves problems to somehow offset the Cardinal failures, which was totally flase, just wanted to remind anyone that I am not the one who brought up the Braves.

And see the reason this happens is because you attack a group of people, not just one person! :lol:

Didn't attack anyone, just said it was amazing. And I was responding to one person who was gloating over Cardinals losing which somehow made him feel better about Braves losing, and who basically said he was satisified with division title.

Didn't attack anyone, just said it was amazing. And I was responding to one person who was gloating over Cardinals losing which somehow made him feel better about Braves losing, and who basically said he was satisified with division title.

I dont understand how anyone can be so blind as to not see that Braves fans are disappointed, if they werent then why would the be on here venting about the failures of there team? "Talk about reading comprehension!"

Well, one thing I can say about Braves fans, they never give up on there team!

Someone gave there team up for dead when they were down 3-1, oh no wait, it was just a bleak chance! :lol:

I dont understand how anyone can be so blind as to not see that Braves fans are disappointed, if they werent then why would the be on here venting about the failures of there team? "Talk about reading comprehension!"

Well, one thing I can say about Braves fans, they never give up on there team!

Someone gave there team up for dead when they were down 3-1, oh no wait, it was just a bleak chance! :thumb:

Someone didn't give up, someone said it was a bleak chance, someone was , as usual, right. There is a difference in giving up and recognizing you have dug yourself a hole that will be difficult to climb out of--hence chances are bleak, as they were. And no where has any Brave fan vented about the failure of their team, although many have vented on failure of other teams. I never lambasted the Braves or their fans because they lost, only because of their superior attitude they had. I realize there are other teams in baseball besides the cardinals and sometimes they will beat the Cardinals. Does not make me happy, but it is a fact od life. Braves fans need to realize sometimes a team or a player might actually be better than the Braves, and sometime the Braves may be better. Someday I hope cardinals will win another WS, it's been way too long. But I don't swing a bat or throw a pitch, so I watch and cheer and root and realize sometimes the Astros or Red Sox or even Braves may be better.

Now get out your dictionary and read slowly (I typed as slow as I could) and maybe you will understand :P

Someone didn't give up, someone said it was a bleak chance, someone was , as usual, right. There is a difference in giving up and recognizing you have dug yourself a hole that will be difficult to climb out of--hence chances are bleak, as they were. And no where has any Brave fan vented about the failure of their team, although many have vented on failure of other teams. I never lambasted the Braves or their fans because they lost, only because of their superior attitude they had. I realize there are other teams in baseball besides the cardinals and sometimes they will beat the Cardinals. Does not make me happy, but it is a fact od life. Braves fans need to realize sometimes a team or a player might actually be better than the Braves, and sometime the Braves may be better. Someday I hope cardinals will win another WS, it's been way too long. But I don't swing a bat or throw a pitch, so I watch and cheer and root and realize sometimes the Astros or Red Sox or even Braves may be better.

Now get out your dictionary and read slowly (I typed as slow as I could) and maybe you will understand :thumb:

After reading this post, I think we will all feel alittle bit dumber! You telling a Braves fan that there are teams better than the Braves is like a waitress telling a pilot how to fly a plane! Look the Braves have won 14 straight division titles and only have one WS, I promise Braves fans know there are teams better, but maybe that hard for you to "comprehend"?

BTW, you go back to page 4 of the Playoffs thread and you will see where me, Gerry, and btown all were discussing the failures of the Braves, but then again I guess you were to busy blasting Braves fans about the "BFL"!

Hey, found that dictionary! Found something interesting here:

whiner-- whin·er noun-1:to complain with or as if with a whine 2:"jusdontno"< A whiner jusdontno when to stop!

:P

Edited by gotmilk?

After reading this post, I think we will all feel alittle bit dumber! You telling a Braves fan that there are teams better than the Braves is like a waitress telling a pilot how to fly a plane! Look the Braves have won 14 straight division titles and only have one WS, I promise Braves fans know there are teams better, but maybe that hard for you to "comprehend"?

BTW, you go back to page 4 of the Playoffs thread and you will see where me, Gerry, and btown all were discussing the failures of the Braves, but then again I guess you were to busy blasting Braves fans about the "BFL"!

Hey, found that dictionary! Found something interesting here:

whiner-- whin·er noun-1:to complain with or as if with a whine 2:"jusdontno"< A whiner jusdontno when to stop!

:thumb:

That dictionary's not doing you much good. I've complained about not a thing. You need to realize when you don't have a point.

Oh keep attacking the Braves and their fans. You know what, we know we overachieve in the regular season and always fail to show up come October. Do you think I don't know that? But you know, I don't treat my team like the best thing since slice bread either.

The biggest loss this year for the Braves wasn't losing to Houston in the playoffs, it is losing Leo Mazzone to the Orioles.

So all in all the Cardinals can sit at home with the Braves and discuss all of their shortcomings together now.