Week 10 White House At Greenbrier

timbdp

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As did I{state a fact}.Last year GB thought they had something and by halftime we showed them they didnt.Yes, this is not last years team, and its not the same team that has taken the field for the last 23 years.The FACT is White House is the King of the Mountain until we get knocked off.I said nothing in my post about great defense.If you can read, go back and read my post again.The comical thing is you think you have knowledge about the game of football.

And as far as my final sentence, you seem to know everything else!!!!!!

Titan remind me who did White House play last year in the 'Boro? :thumb:

Edited by brierboy90

Titan remind me who did White House play last year in the 'Boro? :thumb:

That's kind of a foolish post.

In four years of playing in Class 4-A, White House went 39-10 with two region championships, four playoff appearances and played the final three of those years technically as a a Class 3-A school, since Heritage opened on the Robertson County side and White House was locked into the 4-A program for the finality of those four years.

In 2004, White House played at Memphis Melrose in the quarterfinals and lost by six points. All four teams, including Maryville and Tennessee (Bristol) were 13-0 in the semifinal round, and all of them played quality non-region and region competition during the season. White House beat an undefeated Hillwood team in the quarters, 56-28, and nearly beat an undefeated Melrose team in the semis in without a doubt, the most hostile environment as a fan I have ever been a part of.

Maryville went on to beat Melrose, 7-6, in the state finals. That could have easily been White House in that game, had the Blue Devils scored even once of the two times they were inside Melrose's 20 without a touchdown.

I don't think it's fair for Greenbrier fans to chide White House about not making it to the state finals. Class 4-A in Middle Tennessee over the last four seasons was no cakewalk, including Stratford, Pearl-Cohn, Hillwood, Hillsboro, Overton, Whites Creek, Shelbyville, Tullahoma and all Clarksville teams plus Mt. Juliet. Many of those teams have changed regions or classifications for this season.

White House beat Greenbrier on the field last year, straight up. Greenbrier made it to the state finals and had a great season. Neither of those things can be changed.

This year's matchup will be settled on the field, and the way the playoffs are aligned, it might not be the last time they face one another.

In four years of playing in Class 4-A, White House went 39-10 with two region championships, four playoff appearances and played the final three of those years technically as a a Class 3-A school, since Heritage opened on the Robertson County side and White House was locked into the 4-A program for the finality of those four years.

In 2004, White House played at Memphis Melrose in the quarterfinals and lost by six points. All four teams, including Maryville and Tennessee (Bristol) were 13-0 in the semifinal round, and all of them played quality non-region and region competition during the season. White House beat an undefeated Hillwood team in the quarters, 56-28, and nearly beat an undefeated Melrose team in the semis in without a doubt, the most hostile environment as a fan I have ever been a part of.

Maryville went on to beat Melrose, 7-6, in the state finals. That could have easily been White House in that game, had the Blue Devils scored even once of the two times they were inside Melrose's 20 without a touchdown.

I don't think it's fair for Greenbrier fans to chide White House about not making it to the state finals. Class 4-A in Middle Tennessee over the last four seasons was no cakewalk, including Stratford, Pearl-Cohn, Hillwood, Hillsboro, Overton, Whites Creek, Shelbyville, Tullahoma and all Clarksville teams plus Mt. Juliet. Many of those teams have changed regions or classifications for this season.

White House beat Greenbrier on the field last year, straight up. Greenbrier made it to the state finals and had a great season. Neither of those things can be changed.

This year's matchup will be settled on the field, and the way the playoffs are aligned, it might not be the last time they face one another.

AMEN TO THAT :thumb:

White House has a lot to be proud of-

Just something to think about... The PAST cannot be changed-

But the future is whatever we want it to be :thumb:

Lets go BLUE DEVILS!

Ok, no White House didn't get to the finals last year. Yes, Greenbrier is doing well and has a program that I think they feel White House doesn't respect. They are happy with their growing success and are even happier when they surpass White House by winning against an opponent that White House lost to, which haven't been many. I was a student at White House when we didn't get respect either, but the better you get, the more you earn. I, personally, think Greenbrier has built a hardnose football program that I respect immensely, but there's room for eveybody and White House is as tough as they come, too, and in some strange way, motivates Greenbrier to achieve.

BUT, someone said earlier, let's don't count the past scores, the past records, and such. This all starts Friday night and we'll have the answer then.

Good luck to both teams. Keep it "friendly".

Edited by WHHS1975

I can honestly say that I respect Greenbrier and I have great admiration for their turnaround of success in the program from two decades ago.

There has been a long history of hatred and animosity between the fans of Portland and White House, and even White House and Springfield.

I feel it's different with the Greenbrier fans. It's sad that some take it to a bad level, but for the most part, I think the schools and teams have a great amount of respect for each other. I don't remember hardly any of the games being dirty, unfair or played with poor sportsmanship.

I think it's a positive rivalry that ought to be celebrated, no matter who wins. It's good for the communities and for the schools. And now that both teams are extremely successful and back in the region together, it just takes things to a new level.

I can honestly say that I respect Greenbrier and I have great admiration for their turnaround of success in the program from two decades ago.

There has been a long history of hatred and animosity between the fans of Portland and White House, and even White House and Springfield.

I feel it's different with the Greenbrier fans. It's sad that some take it to a bad level, but for the most part, I think the schools and teams have a great amount of respect for each other. I don't remember hardly any of the games being dirty, unfair or played with poor sportsmanship.

I think it's a positive rivalry that ought to be celebrated, no matter who wins. It's good for the communities and for the schools. And now that both teams are extremely successful and back in the region together, it just takes things to a new level.

Great post, LetsGoDevils! Well said.

Good luck Cats! No matter what anyone says ya'll can do it! The loyal Bobcat fans are behind each of ya'll 100%! Everyone knows ya'll can do it, so DO it! Just stay focused and give 'em heck!

Good luck Cats! No matter what anyone says ya'll can do it! The loyal Bobcat fans are behind each of ya'll 100%! Everyone knows ya'll can do it, so DO it! Just stay focused and give 'em heck!

i hate white house along with everybody else from greenbrier and if you're from greenbrier i hope you feel the same way i do.. over the past 22 years or whatever the streak is greenbrier has had many teams that were better than white house, but they just weren't able to break the ice and beat them(last year and the year before). This year it will be a different story. White house stinks this year and they will lose.