I said two months ago and will say it again now. Ned Yost, Milwaukee, probably did the best overall managing job in the NL this year. The Brewers might make some noise in 06.

But yup, everyone still forgets the Cards had more guys miss more games than the Braves did.

I agree.......Another one of Bobby Cox's assistants doing a good job......

Edited by Bledsoebtheboys

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also most people forget that the Braves started out the season with Raul Mondesi and Brian Jordan in the OF. Those two didn't fair well, bring in the young guys and they step up. Marcus Giles, goes down with an injury. Estrada gets banged up and McCann steps up. Chipper is down, and the Braves keep on winning. True the the Cards may of missed more games total, but they didnt have to deal with a suspect bullpen at best, and alot of rookies.

The Cardinals' bullpen wasn't suspect?

And would you rather have Abraham Nunez or Andy Marte? John Mabry or Adam LaRoche? So Taguchi or Jeff Francouer? Einar Diaz/Mike Mahoney or Brian McCann? In every single case there, I'd rather have the rookie. Talent is MUCH more important than experience.

Well I think Cox was much deserving of the award for winning with ALOT of rookies. I also think it is just as impressive what Garner did. Think about... after 45 games they were 15-30, 15 games below .500.... They lost one of the KILLER B'S earlier in the year and was basically a 1Bman by committee. They have a starter in his 40's. They lost their MVP from last season's playoff team. An aging 2Bman, and really only 3 starters for alot of the season as Backe was hurt some and who only knows who the 5th starter was.

P.S. I am NOT saying Cox should not have won the award but, if Garner had won it instead I would have been OK with that also.

Edited by reddevilfever

I love the Braves, year in a year out it is finally suppose to be the year that the Braves are going down. Every year the Mets and Phillies in particular try to make hugh splashes in the free agent market to knock off the Braves yet it doesnt happen. Atlanta insteads loses players and arent suppose to be good and replace them with rookies. The Braves are probably going to lose Rafeal Furcal and Kyle Farnsworth this week. (Even though the Braves are considering Trevor Hoffman). The over the years the Mets have brought in numerous free agents to knock off the Braves from Mike Piazza, Mo Vaughn, Roberto Alomar, Tom Glavine, Kris Benson, Cliff Floyd, Mike Cameron, Carlos Beltran, Kaz Matsui, and now Billy Wagner and Carlos Delgado. I fully expect the Braves to get picked to finish 3rd this year but somehow Bobby Cox will rally the boys again and win a 15th straight Division Title.