District 14a

JWhumboldt

You are exactly right about scores being deceiving.....That 10 point game could have been a 20 point game and that 17 point game could have been a 27 point game and Bolivar put their subs in....

Nobody is Bolivar,they are in a league of their own.....

Ripley may not have beaten Bolivar or Middleton in the regular season..They didn't beat Union City in the regular season either...But Ripley did beat Union City and remember they also beat Fayette Ware in the semis of the region tournament..Fayette Ware by the way DID beat Bolivar in the regular season...

As for Gibson County,there are always teams that give some teams trouble..The fact is Gibson County didn't beat Union City so it really doesn't matter...If my memory is correct,Gibson County tried to slow the game down drastically and had some success doing that...Lake County, from what I hear likes to run, and that is just playing into Union City's hands..That is track meet that Lake County can't win....

You may be right....but we'll see..And ...no ...you won't have to worry about Lake Co slowing things down...U.C. won't have anyone on the floor quicker than Tony Tyler or Sep Valentine...You guys won't be able to press Lake Co like you will a lot of other teams.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You may be right....but we'll see..And ...no ...you won't have to worry about Lake Co slowing things down...U.C. won't have anyone on the floor quicker than Tony Tyler or Sep Valentine...You guys won't be able to press Lake Co like you will a lot of other teams.

That's a bold statement about the speed of Lake County.....

I agree with you on the South Fulton situation....I don't know the reasoning about their view of Bryant Driver..He has led them to the state championship..I guess its a case of what have you done for me lately...South Fulton fans are not known for their patience though,or tact for that matter....

I was wondering about Bradford..Are they still coached by the Evans guy that was at Union City Middle School???

backinthaoc, I think I know who won't be cracking the the top 4 in this district. :(

South <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=159&SportID=3' target='_blank'>Fulton</a> is going to have a tough year. For a multitude of reasons, several boys have quit the basketball team. There are many parents here who believe that Bryant Driver is not a good basketball coach. I'm not sure how any sane person can call a coach who has been to state what??....seven times and has a state championship under his belt a bad coach but that's what is going on.

Right now SF's team consists of 2 seniors Brandon Adams and Terrico Hunt(Hunt can't play until after Christmas), 1 junior Tyler Bynum, 2 sophomores David Shepherd and Jewel ? and 7 freshmen. The freshmen class had a lot of success while in middle school. They have good guards and one boy who is 6'5" and growing. The key is they are freshmen playing a monster schedule.

I truly believe Driver can take these boys and make a team out of them if the parents will do their job and be supportive. But right now, that's a big IF.

Why can Terrico not play until after Christmas?

I hear Union City has a kid that has transferred in from Milwaukee,Wisconsin..He is said to be a real good three point shooter....I don't know if that is fact or just a rumor...Any info on that would be appreciated....Another thing about Union City,they have a few guys playing football that won't be with the team for as long as they are still in the playoffs..That hasn't been the case the last couple of years...That might have an affect early in the year,especially depth-wise....

backinthaoc- Are you referring to transfer Nate Coleman?

I think Terrico got hurt around week 5, so I'm sure he's recovered from that.

No,Nate came from Mississippi...I have heard that he plays basketball too,but again I'm not absolutely sure about that....No,this kid is supposed to be from Wisconsin,my son was talking to one his friends that plays basketball for OCCHS and thats what he was told.

Like I said about Hunt,I thought he was playing by the end of the season...

No,Nate came from Mississippi...I have heard that he plays basketball too,but again I'm not absolutely sure about that....No,this kid is supposed to be from Wisconsin,my son was talking to one his friends that plays basketball for OCCHS and thats what he was told.

Ok, I haven't heard about this one. I wasn't sure if Nate played basketball or not.

I was going to ask you the same thing about Nate. I heard that he did play basketball and that he was pretty good. If he plays basketball anything like he does football, he ought to be awesome. But basketball and football differ a whole lot though. Any information on him? Also, I know UC has Weddle and possibly Coleman, but who are their other starters or good players and how athletic are they. I know UC is loaded, but the only one I know of or ever hear about is Weddle and the Coby kid that graduated.

they will dominate class A? weddle is one guy with a lil help from xavier but thats not enough to dominate at all. if u say that then look at lake co tyler geanes warlick clay valentine springer avery wallace copelin i mean its to much for 2 men to handle but its going to b a great one. i think the two from humboldt graduated.

Have you idiots not learned from your lesson about downgrading UC and talking about how good your team is on the football boards?