• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton

Harriman

Coalfield

Midway

With the toughest of these wins coming at Cloudland, where it's usually hard to escape with a win. Nevertheless, the Green Wave appear to be heading into the playoffs with some momentum after a 42-28 win over GP last night. All four of Midway's losses this season were by 7 points or less, so they look to be a team that could surprise some people in the playoffs. That's why I'm picking them to pull a mild upset over Roan Mountain way in Round 1.

Cloudland is a tough team, but after last night , I,m not sure they can answer the bell. Their whole season was was about beating Hampton and their xcoach, I think they may have put all their eggs in one basket. Plus, they are beat up Mentally ans physically, I hope they prove me wrong but the coaches have a job on their hands getting them to regroup.

Hampton will walk the dog on greenback or sunbright either one it don't matter. I believe cloudland will have a tough time with midway , i've seen midway play and if cloudland keeps there head up , and don't quit if they get down they can take midway, in a close one. My eagles are going up against a quick, but small harriman team who noone is going to give us a shot to beat , but my boys are going to take care of buiseness at grace tonight and go into the playoffs as winners of 6 out of there last 7 games. My prediction is a better game than anyone expects with the blue team nobody expects to win coming out on top. Good luck unaka they are a much improved team but coalfield will be tough.

Here's the way it will happen.

Hampton wins 1st round.

Harriman wins 1st round.

Hampton beats Harriman.

Cloudland beats Midway. (close)

Coalfield wins.

Coalfield beats Cloudland.

In the 3rd round it will be Hampton vs. Coalfield. This will be a great game if Hampton can take care of business because I am purty sure (from what I hear) that Coalfield will be able win in the first 2 rounds. I would loove to see this matchup. It would be great.

Hampton will walk the dog on greenback or sunbright either one it don't matter. I believe cloudland will have a tough time with midway , i've seen midway play and if cloudland keeps there head up , and don't quit if they get down they can take midway, in a close one. My eagles are going up against a quick, but small harriman team who noone is going to give us a shot to beat , but my boys are going to take care of buiseness at grace tonight and go into the playoffs as winners of 6 out of there last 7 games. My prediction is a better game than anyone expects with the blue team nobody expects to win coming out on top. Good luck unaka they are a much improved team but coalfield will be tough.

sunbright made the playoffs due to a big oneida win over greenback. also, hampton needs to thank tssaa for the increase in the cut off number for single a ball. they should walk the dog against a team with half of the enrollment of hampton. how good was hampton last year in 2a ball?

Hampton vs. whoever = Hampton by 6

Cloudland vs. Midway = Midway by 1

Cosby vs. Harriman = Harriman by 28

Unaka vs. Coalfield = Coalfield by 32

yikes.. I'd like to think Cosby and Unaka will at least give better showings than those spreads... Unaka's last 3 games the defense has been playing better and hopefully can cover that...

Cosby has a couple of pretty tough kids on their D also...

Hate to admit it but the picks are probably right

ChrisBurr:

Why the Harriman over Coalfield pick?

Coalfield had little trouble at Harriman a couple of weeks ago, beating them 35-14.

Just curious as to what you're basing that pick on. Loyalty to Harriman or ??? :thumb:

I don't think Harriman will get past Hampton, myself. But if they do, I don't see them beating Coalfield!

---rSquared

ChrisBurr:

Why the Harriman over Coalfield pick?

Coalfield had little trouble at Harriman a couple of weeks ago, beating them 35-14.

Just curious as to what you're basing that pick on. Loyalty to Harriman or ??? :thumb:

I don't think Harriman will get past Hampton, myself. But if they do, I don't see them beating Coalfield!

---rSquared